Gaming Xbox Series X|S

Which of these do you prefer

• Microsoft Game Pass

• Xbox Game Pass

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bojan11

It’s a game I like the sound of so I’m looking forward to see how it develops.
You need to develop first as a person before playing it. If you don't, I will call the balaclava man. He can throw you down the stairs as he did with that stupid copper.

Bojan11

In a scoop by Aggiornamenti Lumia, details of EA Playpotentially joining Xbox Game Pass PC have surfaced through mysterious codename Rosebud.

Unlike its console counterpart, Xbox Game Pass for PC is yet to receive the bounty of games included in EA Play reportedly due to a lack of proper PC distribution.
With EA Play being run through Origin, problems arise since reportedly Origin doesn’t support connecting with a Microsoft account to make the necessary checks that you own Game Pass Ultimate.

Instead, EA games had to be uploaded to the Microsoft Store to allow for the necessary verification of Game Pass Ultimate users, who have access to this extra haul of games.
Since it was just the Xbox versions being uploaded, this left PC players in the dark without access. That all looks to be changing, however.

In the past five months, Microsoft and Electronic Arts have taken steps to upload PC compatible versions of their games to the Microsoft Store. All marked under the codename Rosebud.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
The outriders thing is definitely good for xbox folk. I have played the demo on PS5 and I quite liked it - but I didn't £59.99 like it.

Being able to play it on gamespass will be a serious bonus for Xbox player base.

I will probably wait for reviews and for it to have a price drop in a few months on PS5 before I pick it up, unless the reviews are all saying it's incredible - which I suspect won't be the case.

Balljy

It's good news that they're finally sorting this but they've handled it really badly. They announced it would be available in December and then when silent when it didn't appear. People were contacting EA who claimed they had no idea what it was although I think Microsoft were a bit better customer service-wise from the sounds of it.

There's a fair few people who got 3 month deals in December to get the EA and Game Pass games which are now running out just in time for it to be released who apparently won't get refunds. Weirdly I googled it yesterday as I wanted to check what was happening and there's a fair few complaints about the lack of communication. Good it's getting resolved now though.

Parma Dewol

What multiplayer first-person shooters are considered good these days?

I used to enjoy the odd game of Call of Duty: WWII, but sold it and purchased Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War instead. Bad idea, as I don't enjoy the new game very much. Find it incredibly hard despite being reasonably good at WWII, and generally struggle to get to grips with the multiplayer.

I tend to like objective-based modes such as domination, and I definitely appreciate games that are quick to hop into as I only tend to play 20-30 minutes on an evening. Also have Game Pass, so it would be ideal to try something that's included.
Halo springs to mind but I'm not entirely sure how well populated it is. I'd think Rainbow Six: Siege too.
Cold War is dogshit. The matchmaking is stupid and makes half the games impossible. Pretty sure it’s lag compensating.

Modern Warfare is very good. Warzone is great with mates (and free)
Rainbow 6 is the least new player friendly shooter out there at the moment.
Following up on all of the above as I had some time to try out some games this past weekend. Some of them still need more time explore, but here's what I've found so far:

Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War - paid for the game so I'm trying desperately to get into it, but it's hard work. Just seem to be dying all the time, and even when I'm sure I've got my shot off first, I still tend to come off second best. Infuriating game and, for me, a major downgrade over Call of Duty: WWII.

Call of Duty: Warzone - finding this hard to get into, too. Ignoring the game itself for a moment, the CoD experience has become so bloated. When I first loaded up Warzone it asked me if I wanted to download the HD textures, I thought sure, why not, and was dropped into the store with over a dozen additional packs to choose from. Made no sense and I could have sworn half of them were for Modern Warfare, which I don't own. As for Warzone, the graphics look a bit washed out, and as with Cold War, I'm really struggling to get into it.

Rainbow Six: Siege - I see now what you mean about this being the least 'new-player friendly shooter.'

Fortnite - this felt more accessible from the off. Liked the presentation and the art style. Only had a couple of games of battle royale but managed not to be first dead and can see myself giving this more time.

Titanfall 2 - really enjoying the multiplayer component. Wish I'd found the game sooner as I tend to be the amateur amid lots of experts, but despite it being almost five years old, it still looks good and plays great. Have now had multiple goes at the four-player co-op mode, Frontier Defense, and it's really fun.

Outside of shooters, I hadn't realised how good a game Forza Horizon 4 actually is. Gave up on it on the last gen as the load times were awful. Now it kinda feels like the game it always should have been, everything's smooth with no waiting around, even on my Series S.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Following up on all of the above as I had some time to try out some games this past weekend. Some of them still need more time explore, but here's what I've found so far:

Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War - paid for the game so I'm trying desperately to get into it, but it's hard work. Just seem to be dying all the time, and even when I'm sure I've got my shot off first, I still tend to come off second best. Infuriating game and, for me, a major downgrade over Call of Duty: WWII.

Call of Duty: Warzone - finding this hard to get into, too. Ignoring the game itself for a moment, the CoD experience has become so bloated. When I first loaded up Warzone it asked me if I wanted to download the HD textures, I thought sure, why not, and was dropped into the store with over a dozen additional packs to choose from. Made no sense and I could have sworn half of them were for Modern Warfare, which I don't own. As for Warzone, the graphics look a bit washed out, and as with Cold War, I'm really struggling to get into it.

Rainbow Six: Siege - I see now what you mean about this being the least 'new-player friendly shooter.'

Fortnite - this felt more accessible from the off. Liked the presentation and the art style. Only had a couple of games of battle royale but managed not to be first dead and can see myself giving this more time.

Titanfall 2 - really enjoying the multiplayer component. Wish I'd found the game sooner as I tend to be the amateur amid lots of experts, but despite it being almost five years old, it still looks good and plays great. Have now had multiple goes at the four-player co-op mode, Frontier Defense, and it's really fun.

Outside of shooters, I hadn't realised how good a game Forza Horizon 4 actually is. Gave up on it on the last gen as the load times were awful. Now it kinda feels like the game it always should have been, everything's smooth with no waiting around, even on my Series S.
Try Apex Legends, it’s from the same team as Titanfall.

El General 1994

Once this clicks...

I never thought in a million years I’d be playing it (a game for kids, and I’m gonna get slaughtered etc).

But I stuck with it and now I’ve got 24 solo victories – I’m really a bang average gamer.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Yakuza 0 is awesome, in fact it's so good that it makes the subsequent Yakuza games pretty boring in comparison. Although I'm enjoying Like a Dragon as it's more of an RPG.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Hmmm... VR?

You guys aren't interested in that though are ya? Something gimmick, something something kinect, something vomit... Blah blah blah.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Literally wouldn’t buy it if it was true.

Would severely affect Afro’s ever decreasing list of plus points for ps though.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
It would potentially get me to buy one that's for sure.
Really? That’s interesting. Why would that do it? Would that be on the assumption that there would be some different games on VR for Xbox?

Being serious for a second. I’d like to try it, but I can’t see myself being interested enough to buy the kit til it looks better, which I’m guessing will be at least generation away.

Bosws87

Everyone should have the opportunity to play Half Life Alyx i hope they bring VR to both consoles and port the game.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Really? That’s interesting. Why would that do it? Would that be on the assumption that there would be some different games on VR for Xbox
If they announced a headset and showed Halo, Forza and Viva Pinata in VR, I'd pre-order in an instant. It's not even something I have to think about.
Being serious for a second. I’d like to try it, but I can’t see myself being interested enough to buy the kit til it looks better, which I’m guessing will be at least generation away.
That's fair. Keep an eye and ear on PSVR2. It could be special.

Bosws87

Really? That’s interesting. Why would that do it? Would that be on the assumption that there would be some different games on VR for Xbox?

Visuals really aren't that important in VR its so immersive you quickly forget about the graphics.

Bojan11

The next wave of FPS Boost games for Xbox Series X|S has arrived - and in Prey and Dishonored Definitive Edition, we can better experience stone-cold classic titles from the brilliant Arkane Studio. Frame-rates are massively improved as you would expect, but it turns out that FPS Boost delivers *more* than just a doubling of performance...

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Does the £1 gold to gamepass conversion still work? Picked up an S for a friend.

Bojan11

Persona 5 could be heading to gamepass.

@esmufc07 on Starfield

Jeff Grubb on RDX said he's 90% sure we'll see Starfield at the Summer Event™ with a November release date.

Traub

So I think I'm going for the Series S plus the cheap game pass ultimate deal (i.e. the gold upgrade).
There's no ways I'll ever spend big money on AAA titles as they're released, and I just want a decent console that I can play on every now and again. With game pass, it seems I hardly ever need to buy a game again. Is there something I'm missing?

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
So I think I'm going for the Series S plus the cheap game pass ultimate deal (i.e. the gold upgrade).
There's no ways I'll ever spend big money on AAA titles as they're released, and I just want a decent console that I can play on every now and again. With game pass, it seems I hardly ever need to buy a game again. Is there something I'm missing?
No you are pretty much the target audience for the Series S and Gamepass!

Shamwow

listens to shit music & watches Mrs Brown's Boys
Nope, do it.

ShinjiNinja26

Anyone played the Dishonoured games? With the Bethesda library on game pass now I was going to download Fallout 4 and play that again but then seen those and wondered what they were like. I remember liking the look of them at the time of release but never got round to buying them.