g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Gaming Xbox Series X|S

Which of these do you prefer

• Microsoft Game Pass

• Xbox Game Pass

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bojan11

It's actually amazing how you keep old posts to post over and over :lol: I'm not sure if it's commendable or sad.

However, thar post doesn't even make sense in the context you're replying to.
It didn’t make sense at the time, tbf.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
It didn’t make sense at the time, tbf.
Yeah to you because you iz thick innit.

In all honesty though, the next couple months look dire for all gaming, nothing really special sticks out looking at upcoming releases. I am sure with every other generation there was atleast 1-2 games a month I was interested in.

Now they're just bumming remakes and "upgraded" games or DLC.

Bosws87

In all honesty though, the next couple months look dire for all gaming, nothing really special sticks out looking at upcoming releases. I am sure with every other generation there was atleast 1-2 games a month I was interested in.

People say this every new console generation, this is actually one of the better console launches since they began, its just that the 10 year cycles are so long we forget about it when the new ones come along.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
People say this every new console generation, this is actually one of the better console launches since they began, its just that the 10 year cycles are so long we forget about it when the new ones come along.
Really? I don't see much this gen so far.

If I remember rightly on PS2 launch there was SSX, smugglers run, kessen and time splitters within the first few months, maybe all launch titles actually. All new games, not rehashed shite.

Dreamcast has a mint launch too, but suppose that was due to it being a new system completely so it needed its own series of games.

This just seems lazy, even the miles Morales for ps5 is just Spiderman DLC pretty much.

Bojan11

To be fair we got Resi Village, Mass Effect, Ratchet, Nier Replicant, Returnal, Deathloop, Back 4 Blood and Wheel of fortune in the next few months.

Some of them are remasters, but it’s not bad considering Covid and new console releases tend to be slow. And I’m sure a lot of people haven’t finished everything on the old consoles, so it’s a good year to do that.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
To be fair we got Resi Village, Mass Effect, Ratchet, Nier Replicant, Returnal, Deathloop, Back 4 Blood and Wheel of fortune in the next few months.

Some of them are remasters, but it’s not bad considering Covid and new console releases tend to be slow. And I’m sure a lot of people haven’t finished everything on the old consoles, so it’s a good year to do that.
Aye, maybe covid has delayed things a bit too, it's just a bit underwhelming to me compared to past launches. I don't even feel like I'm missing out not owning either console yet.

Wheel of fortune :lol:

Bosws87

Really? I don't see much this gen so far.

If I remember rightly on PS2 launch there was SSX, smugglers run, kessen and time splitters within the first few months, maybe all launch titles actually. All new games, not rehashed shite.

Dreamcast has a mint launch too, but suppose that was due to it being a new system completely so it needed its own series of games.

This just seems lazy, even the miles Morales for ps5 is just Spiderman DLC pretty much.

Quick grab of the PS3 PS4 Xbox360 and Xbox One launch titles they are all very similar in quality.

Bojan11

Tango Gameworks Is Xbox’s First “Great Step” For A Larger Presence In Japan, Phil Spencer Shares

https://rectifygaming.com/tango-gam...larger-presence-in-japan-phil-spencer-shares/

A subsidiary of its publisher Bethesda, Tango Gameworks is told to be a “great step” for Microsoft’s aim to establish a presence in Japan.
I’m ready to go to Tokyo. Yeah, I mean go see Tango [Gameworks], a studio that I have such respect for the history of the creations there. I’ve talked for a long time about our desire to have more of a first-party presence in Japan. This is a great step there.

So I mean, just thinking about the map of where these teams are, and they just talk about all the games they’re working on, but I can’t wait to spend more time with the Tango team and get to know them.
As to what comes after, perhaps Tango Gameworks next game will be with Executive Producer Shinji Mikami at the helm. In a previous interview, Mikami tells he is interested in possibly directing one more game in the future, and that could be one that develops after the acquisition.
Capcom or Square Enix next, so @esmufc07 cries.

Bojan11

They should give up Japan is even a struggle for Sony they are off in their own world.
Japanese studios are still making good games that are popular in the west. And no they shouldn’t give up Japan because cloud gaming could be popular there considering how they love mobile gaming.

Bojan11

@VeevaVee according to Major Nelson the following games will get FPS boosts.

Dishonoured definitive edition
Skyrim Special edition
Fallout 4
Fallout 76
Prey

Bojan11

God damn, how can you not love Xbox?
Seems like it's outriders. A game that is not out and costs £59.99 on other platforms. It was heading the way that Avengers did, so being on gamepass will help the developers.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
Crazy value from Game Pass. I've been holding off picking up a next gen console as I've been leaning towards a gaming PC, but hard to look past the price and availability of a Series S. Payday tomorrow so I think I might just pull the trigger and pick one up. Playing the FFVII remake has really got me back into enjoying single player console gaming again.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Crazy value from Game Pass. I've been holding off picking up a next gen console as I've been leaning towards a gaming PC, but hard to look past the price and availability of a Series S. Payday tomorrow so I think I might just pull the trigger and pick one up. Playing the FFVII remake has really got me back into enjoying single player console gaming again.
FFVII Remake is excellent. If you want to play FFVII: Integrade in June though you’re gonna need a PS5 :)

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
FFVII Remake is excellent. If you want to play FFVII: Integrade in June though you’re gonna need a PS5 :)
I've only just started playing it! Had a big project I've been working on all year, so had to hold off picking up the game until I'd finished this project. Finally got hold of a copy on Friday and yeah - I'm absolutely loving it. It's making me crazy nostalgic though. Almost melancholically so.

TBH I would have been more town between a PS5 and XBOX Series X/S if PS Now actually worked here in New Zealand. As it is, the streaming games don't work. You can only play the downloadable games, which is a shame. The stream-only games on PS Now are like 50% of the games library and 90% of the decent games. The main games I really want to play in the future are Mass Effect, Horizon Forbidden West and Final Fantasy, and those I can just play on my PS4. Having a PS4 and an Xbox Series S seems like a nice balance.

Using the Series S for Game Pass alone really seems like decent value over time. I don't have time for multiplayer games these days and Game Pass sure does have a lot of fun looking SP games.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I've only just started playing it! Had a big project I've been working on all year, so had to hold off picking up the game until I'd finished this project. Finally got hold of a copy on Friday and yeah - I'm absolutely loving it. It's making me crazy nostalgic though. Almost melancholically so.

TBH I would have been more town between a PS5 and XBOX Series X/S if PS Now actually worked here in New Zealand. As it is, the streaming games don't work. You can only play the downloadable games, which is a shame. The stream-only games on PS Now are like 50% of the games library and 90% of the decent games. The main games I really want to play in the future are Mass Effect, Horizon Forbidden West and Final Fantasy, and those I can just play on my PS4. Having a PS4 and an Xbox Series S seems like a nice balance.

Using the Series S for Game Pass alone really seems like decent value over time. I don't have time for multiplayer games these days and Game Pass sure does have a lot of fun looking SP games.
If you do go that route then make sure you check out my threadmarked post for getting insane value from Game Pass, if you don’t know about that already. Guessing you know Mass Effect is on there as well.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Still think Bethesda is shite, but Obsidian will hopefully produce some great rpgs. If they make some great ones I'll for sure get them on PC.
Nintendo tempted me with a decent line of rpgs, maybe Microsoft can do the same.

Still hoping for lost odyssey to turn up on PC before I die.

Bojan11

'Hot on the heels of officially welcoming Bethesda’s world-renowned studios to the Xbox family, we’re excited to announce that five of the biggest titles from their vast catalog of games – Dishonored: Definitive Edition, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition, Fallout 4, Fallout 76, and Prey – will all be updated today to enable FPS Boost on Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S. And it’s not just owners of these titles that get to take advantage of FPS Boost; all these titles are available with FPS Boost for Xbox Game Pass members too.

As a reminder, FPS Boost employs a variety of new methods for nearly doubling the original framerate on select titles. Higher, steadier framerates make games visually smoother, resulting in more immersive gameplay. We partnered closely with developers to enhance the experience while maintaining the game’s original intent. And while not applicable to all games, these new techniques can push game engines to render more quickly for a buttery smooth experience beyond what the original game might have delivered due to the capabilities of the hardware at the time. For the five titles we’ve shared today, gamers can expect to see an increase from 30 fps to nearly 60 fps while enabling FPS Boost.

In some instances, because there are higher graphics requirements to enable FPS Boost technology, we’ve had to reduce a game’s resolution to ensure it both runs smoothly and plays great. In those select cases, such as Fallout 4 and Fallout 76 in this latest title announcement, FPS Boost is not automatically enabled for Xbox Series X gamers. For all titles receiving this update, gamers will see a clear indicator if a title is running FPS Boost.

At Xbox, we’re all about giving you the choice in how you want to play your favorite games, whether in its original form or with FPS Boost and/or Auto HDR. As we also detailed a few weeks back and included as part of our March Platform Update, you can now go into the “Manage Game” section for any enhanced title, where you’ll see the new “Compatibility Options” button that will allow you to toggle FPS Boost and Auto HDR “on” or “off.”

To see if the game you’re playing is running FPS Boost or Auto HDR, you can also now just tap the Xbox Button on your controller while in the game and you’lsee a Guide overlay indicator in the upper right corner if the features are enabled or not. To experience FPS Boost for these iconic Bethesda titles, and to be able to toggle the feature on and off, make sure your console has taken the latest update and you’ve rebooted your console. After that, you’re good to go.

We’ve got more titles that will support FPS Boost to announce in the coming weeks, so stay tuned for the latest and greatest.''
https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2021/03/15/five-legendary-bethesda-titles-get-fps-boost/

Bojan11

Like I said a few weeks ago, Starfield will be given the same treatment as Fallout 4 where they announce it, and it's out a few months later. Jeff Grubb said they will talk about it this year, so who knows? If they could get it this year with Halo that would be huge for Xbox and gamepass.