Gaming Xbox Series X|S

Which of these do you prefer

• Microsoft Game Pass

• Xbox Game Pass

Results are only viewable after voting.
Last edited:
It's worth noting Edwin is by far the most pretentious, snobbish, pseudo-intellectual writer at Eurogamer - or pretty much on any gaming website. It's basically pointless letting him review that particular game, as he was always going to hate it.

That said, I can imagine it getting annoying quickly.

Been playing some Plague Tale Requiem. Very nice looking game. Much of the same as the first one but they’ve stepped the difficulty up a fair bit at some points.

feck me just realised there are 3 of you. I think I have you all down as the same person/user.

It's worth noting Edwin is by far the most pretentious, snobbish, pseudo-intellectual writer at Eurogamer - or pretty much on any gaming website. It's basically pointless letting him review that particular game, as he was always going to hate it.

That said, I can imagine it getting annoying quickly.

I've just got round to reading the comments and they did not disappoint. He's angered the fanbase massively :lol:

Personally I don't know who Edwin is but I do quite like how he's given his full opinion about the game. As somebody in the comments said, gaming is very often filled with people who'll say "verily I didn't like this game nor enjoy any part of it at all, but it's definitely a great game". Sometimes you just want people to come out and say what they really think.

I’ve seen lots of people enjoying High On Life. Wouldn’t go off what that Elvis says.

I’ve seen lots of people enjoying High On Life. Wouldn’t go off what that Elvis says.

I think it's hilarious. Average game glossed over by making it funny and completely unique. Well unless you've watched Rick or Morty in which case it'll seem entirely familiar.

The issue I have with buying a PC is that you have to upgrade every few years to keep up with the improved graphics. With a console you can atleast invest once and be able to play games at high graphics for more years without upgrading.

Playing some games on PC is certainly more fun but it's too expensive if you want to enjoy the highest graphics.

Series S is great in this way that you don't have to spend a lot.

That would be the case if you get a PC with an entry level GPU that already struggles to keep up with current games on low settings. In that case, yeah you're going to have to upgrade soon if you still want to keep playing AAA titles. Then if you bought an 1080 or 1080 To 6 years ago you would still be able to play current games at 1080 resolution with high settings. If you really think about it consoles also have GPUs and there's nothing inherently special with them that makes them last longer.

However, until very recently graphics cards were obscenely expensive thankr to crypto currency, among other stuff, but now it's quite affordable to build a good system that plays games smoothly. Maybe not as much as an xbox but a PC can do other stuff so it's hard to make a direct comparison but if someone here is interested you must know GPU prices have come down to normal again, specially the stuff from AMD.

A question I would ask is whether you can build a PC for 500 dollars that could play the latest games on high quality today and games 3-4 years down the line without having to upgrade (obviously there is more utility to a PC than just gaming that can be included in the price but just talking about gaming right now).

Yes you can, although the problem with PCs is that it's not something as accesible as a console but if you're an adult it's possible depending where you live, definitely doable in the USA.

High On Life is actually a bit better than I thought. If I had to score it right now it would be a 7. Total GamePass game.

Persona 3 and 4 came up to pre-install this week. That'll be my entire 2023 filled up judging by the amount of time P5 has already taken me :nervous:

Disappointed with Microsoft not offering second drop for December Game Pass. It's the first time since they launched subscription where they have skipped the second drop, effectively only adding half as many games as they used to.

Merry Christmas all.

Now that's out of the way, has anybody got the MS headset? I've just bought it for my boy, it's connected fine and all the settings are correct...and yet the sound refuses to come out of them, only through the hdmi. I'm struggling to find any decent answers on google too, so if anybody has them let me know if it went smoothly please!

Merry Christmas all.

Now that's out of the way, has anybody got the MS headset? I've just bought it for my boy, it's connected fine and all the settings are correct...and yet the sound refuses to come out of them, only through the hdmi. I'm struggling to find any decent answers on google too, so if anybody has them let me know if it went smoothly please!

I’ll let you know via the headset.

Merry Christmas all.

Silly question, are the volume/balance controls set properly on either side of the headset? And have you tried reconnecting them,and checking for a headsetfirmware update in the Xbox device settings?

Silly question, are the volume/balance controls set properly on either side of the headset? And have you tried reconnecting them,and checking for a headsetfirmware update in the Xbox device settings?

Never a silly question mate!

I've got it solved though, had to bug an old friend. It's to do with how the X handles HMDI sound with certain gaming monitors. Fecking trust it to be my boy's on Xmas day.

I've also just rebuilt my eldest's PC with him, and had endless problems with the ethernet. Great Xmas so far! :lol:

They seem to be outdoing themselves each month. I thought the games were already awful 3 years ago but these days they are the sort of games that you do not even bother adding to your library. That service should have been scrapped altogether by now, pretty much everyone who owns an Xbox is on Game Pass anyway.

Hi, guys. Just wondering what folks’ thoughts are on Xbox Series X v. Xbox Series S? I haven’t had a new console in years (Xbox 360 was my last purchase :nervous:) and for various reasons - children, work commitments etc. - I haven’t been as avid a gamer as I used to be but feel like getting back on the horse again. :devil:

Is the X Series worth the higher price point if I’m only going to be playing a handful of games every now and then? (FIFA, GTA etc.)

Hi, guys. Just wondering what folks’ thoughts are on Xbox Series X v. Xbox Series S? I haven’t had a new console in years (Xbox 360 was my last purchase :nervous:) and for various reasons - children, work commitments etc. - I haven’t been as avid a gamer as I used to be but feel like getting back on the horse again. :devil:

Is the X Series worth the higher price point if I’m only going to be playing a handful of games every now and then? (FIFA, GTA etc.)

I think so. The S's biggest draw is if you want to play a wide variety of games at a low price through Gamepass. Despite the X's price point, it arguably suits people like you who only play a few games because it means you can buy them on disc (usually slightly cheaper/resale value) and also lets you play them at the highest quality setting, assuming you have a 4k TV.

If cost/resale value isn't the biggest issue then I might even suggest the PS5 Digital Edition because it's at that sweet price point between the S and X. Sadly it's still an absolute ball ache to get one.

If you can afford the extra cash go for the X. The S will play the games but the X just plays them so much better.

Go for the X. It’s not even about graphics for me but about storage. I barely keep any games on my X now and still have only 270 GB of free storage, meaning I would be more than 200 GB over S’ capacity (admittedly I do use 160+ for NBA 2K which is the worst clog of all games that exist).

Just loaded up again there using the game pass trick - 3 years for £124 inclusive. So about £3.44 a month. Criminal value.