Xherdan Shaqiri | Stoke player signs for Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.

soap

Directionless weirdo who like booze and ganja
Definitely not here, as previously stated we already have more than enough squad players.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I think he's a class player, but he's at Stoke for a reason. I think that reason is his mentality. If he had a top level mentality, he'd have had a top level career.

Given the way our squad is, we need highly professional players to improve the weak mentality and poor attitude.

Zlatattack

I think he's a class player, but he's at Stoke for a reason. I think that reason is his mentality. If he had a top level mentality, he'd have had a top level career.

Given the way our squad is, we need highly professional players to improve the weak mentality and poor attitude.
Agree 100%. Same as Ben Arfa.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

Fair point. Future arsenal player?

Schneckerl

Btw many top players in history were someone’s reject at some time. Eg Cantona
So maybe come down off that high horse
How does anyone have 80k messages on a football board and can't see that Shaqiri is useless for any decent club :lol::lol:

High horse whatever - the is no alternative valid opinion on that.

golden_blunder

Staff
How does anyone have 80k messages on a football board and can't see that Shaqiri is useless for any decent club :lol::lol:

High horse whatever - the is no alternative valid opinion on that.
He’s hardly useless now is he? He’s done well at international level too.
Did I say we should get him to United? No, so stop getting your panties in a knot mmmkay?

Do you not agree that cantona was a reject elsewhere before nailing it at united? Do you not agree that people can fail at some teams and go on to be stars elsewhere?

Maybe you’ll be a star on a different forum board

poleglass red

He strikes me, and this is just my personal opinion that he propers or would prosper in a team where he's the main man, the main source of creativity and skill, such as he is at Stoke. For all the stick Shaw gets about his weight, this lad looks like he's fond of the munchies too. Not sure how well that would go down at a top club

tomaldinho1

I genuinely think he could do well here - I'm not saying he'll come and make a Salah-like impact (although who saw that coming) but our RW is completely up for grabs. Stoke are awful and he's got 8 goals & 6 assists this season which is almost identical to Martial (9&5), exactly the same as Lingard (8&5) and better than Mata (3&4) and Rashford (6&5). All whilst playing in a mess of a football team with very little creativity and Crouch up top...

Jose says we aren't going for a RW so I imagine we'll not be seeing any bids for big names. Stoke won't be able to keep him, he'll be available for peanuts and we can probably send someone on loan there as a sweetener. If nothing else, we would become much more dangerous from set pieces.

haram

I genuinely think he could do well here - I'm not saying he'll come and make a Salah-like impact (although who saw that coming) but our RW is completely up for grabs. Stoke are awful and he's got 8 goals & 6 assists this season which is almost identical to Martial (9&5), exactly the same as Lingard (8&5) and better than Mata (3&4) and Rashford (6&5). All whilst playing in a mess of a football team with very little creativity and Crouch up top...

Jose says we aren't going for a RW so I imagine we'll not be seeing any bids for big names. Stoke won't be able to keep him, he'll be available for peanuts and we can probably send someone on loan there as a sweetener. If nothing else, we would become much more dangerous from set pieces.
Please.... lets not do this...

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
He's pants and thinks he's better than he is. He's got a tonk on him, so scores the odd screamer and has a funky name - which makes you remember him more. He'll end up at back at Basel or in Turkey is my bet.

Smores

As a 5th option if we fail to get anyone else maybe.

Always interesting in these cases to go back and look at old player threads. Quite a typical trajectory in that he was hyped, people moaned we didn't get him and always miss out on youth (who knew it wasn't just Jose eh) then up until Stoke signed him and then the penny dropped.

Klean

Strikes me as the type of player who needs the be the biggest fish in the pond so to speak. Has a ton of talent and ability but the mentality is questionable. What was he like at Bayern when he was there?

Mindhunter

I see that we are in full FM mode. Search for relegated clubs and try to get their best players.

pascell

Wouldn't go anywhere near him. If we're lowering our standards to thinking he'd 'do a job' on our RW, then we might as well give up on the league next season also, he's simply not good enough for a top 6 team.

fcbforever

Supports
FC Bayern München
Strikes me as the type of player who needs the be the biggest fish in the pond so to speak. Has a ton of talent and ability but the mentality is questionable. What was he like at Bayern when he was there?
A waste. You could see he had the abilities, but he never showed them when called upon and was complaining about him not being trusted enough all the time. When in fact, due to the nature of how often our wingers are injured, got tons of gametime.

Josep Dowling

Out of the Stoke players available I would take Butland purely because Liverpool will sign him.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Decent player with occasional glimpses of genius (bicycle kick vs Poland and few other instances). Unfortunately too many years in average club like Stoke culled his chances in reaching level people thought he would get when he transferred from Basel to Bayern. His adventure with Inter was quiet and bit pointless.

If Wenger was still with Arsenal he would scoop that deal for peanuts.

Bwuk

If he was any good he wouldn't be at Stoke. He'd of made it at Inter or Bayern.

golden_blunder

Staff
If he was any good he wouldn't be at Stoke. He'd of made it at Inter or Bayern.
You mean like mark Hughes made it at Barca or Bayern Munich before he came back to united?

It’s fair enough saying you don’t rate him but saying a player is no good because he didn’t make it at a certain club or clubs is absurd

Status
Not open for further replies.