g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Xherdan Shaqiri | Stoke player signs for Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.

meamth

Once he is drilled to Klopp's tactics he could be some player. He could also fail to follow it and have a bad season.

If anything, it's a win win situation for Shaqiri.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Shaq is decent but I don't think he'll get Old Trafford excited in terms of a title race. His asking price is a big occasion unlike his disability to provide consistency throughout whole season.

It's definitely good news if United is really looking for a big time player on that position.
He has been bought as a squad player so suits Liverpool better as he will be first reserve behind Salah.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
I really, really dislike him. We were linked to him earlier in the window and I remember praying that we wouldn't sign him, and that's really bad because at this point I'd be glad if we signed literally anybody. I dunno if my dislike of him is just entirely irrational because 8 goals 7 assists for a crap (like, really crap) Stoke side isn't bad at all. And I have to regular watch Erik Lamela look like he's purposely trying to lull the opposition in to thinking he's completely non threatening, so it's not like we have world class depth out wide.

I think it's the way he waddles about the field, often in to blind alleys. His style of play just frustrates me, every ten games he'll score a worldie and people will go on about how he's a 'real talent' but if you watch him regularly you see that he tries it all the time. For a team like Stoke that odd moment of magic is worthwhile, but we've seen how poor he can be when he isn't getting regular game-time where he can come up with the odd bit of brilliance. I wouldn't be surprised to see him do decently at Liverpool because Klopp annoyingly seems to have the golden touch with signings, but it still doesn't worry me too much. I expect he will mostly just annoy their fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.