g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Xherdan Shaqiri | Stoke player signs for Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
He will either go to Liverpool or West Ham to play with Arnautović again.

Edit
West Ham can add quality to the squad by adding Wilshere and Shaqiri in the team for as little as 12m. It is a no brainer.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
I reckon that he'll sign for Liverpool, do really well under Klopp and we'll have people complaining about the fact that we didn't sign him. Not that I necessarily want us too.

Cliche Guevara

He always seems to be a good tournament player. For £12m I’d certainly consider him for a squad place.

Nothing to lose in my view.

Robbie Boy

Didn’t he want to leave Bayern to become a first team regular elsewhere? Why would he go to fecking Liverpool to sit on the bench? I hope he does, mind as I think he’ll be a flop.

Fer

Didn’t he want to leave Bayern to become a first team regular elsewhere? Why would he go to fecking Liverpool to sit on the bench? I hope he does, mind as I think he’ll be a flop.
For 12m I think it worth the risk.

He can rotate with their attacking players (Mane-Firmino-Salah)... And he could play behind the striker versus easy teams.

I am surprised that he is only 26, I thought he was older.

I'm not worried if they sign him. What I'm worried about is about our RW and LB position, I hope we sign quality players there.

Robbie Boy

For 12m I think it worth the risk.

He can rotate with their attacking players (Mane-Firmino-Salah)... And he could play behind the striker versus easy teams.

I am surprised that he is only 26, I thought he was older.

I'm not worried if they sign him. What I'm worried about is about our RW and LB position, I hope we sign quality players there.
I just don’t think he’ll be happy being rotated. He might at first but I reckon he’ll leave after a few seasons if he doesn’t get significant game time.

StonedhamsterZA

Get the feeling it’ll be another Adam or Allen if he goes to Liverpool. He’s a really useful player, but Stoke players at Liverpool are like BVB players at United. Generalization, I know, but it seems to be a trend.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Think he'd offer more than Mata does these days TBH, but there's just something I don't like about him.

Toad

Do not want, works hard up top but when it comes to defensive duties he is one of the laziest you will see. Thanks, but no thanks.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
I just don’t think he’ll be happy being rotated. He might at first but I reckon he’ll leave after a few seasons if he doesn’t get significant game time.
That is more than fine if that is how it works out

SpyLuke10

I'd like him at United. But then again I'd take any actual right winger for a fair price who's decent enough.

Mr Bridger

I'd like him at United. But then again I'd take any actual right winger for a fair price who's decent enough.
Not for me.
Why are people so hung up on a fair price? Try to sign the best and overpay if needs be, who cares it's not my money.

Loon

:lol:
The only thing squarer than him is that running Channel Four logo. He was created in 8-Bit.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
How many squad players do we want? I keep seeing "I'll take him as a squad player". Lingard is already not really good enough to be starting regularly, people also want Chong to get some games. We need quality.

Javi

Shaqiri is probably thinking that he's got a real chance to break into the front three at Liverpool, that's how thick the guy is.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
How many squad players do we want? I keep seeing "I'll take him as a squad player". Lingard is already not really good enough to be starting regularly, people also want Chong to get some games. We need quality.
Agree. We don't need more decent squad players.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
he'd be a good signing for liverpool, they are ridiculously short of attacking options and don't have the biggest budget. So would be be a decent squad player signing for them

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I don't like him very much, but I have to admire him. You look at him and think how the hell could he be a good footballer. Man's probably never won a header in his life. But he comes up clutch for Switzerland many times. His World Cup portfolio is developing nicely for his grandkids.

starman

For only 12m I would take him. 26, left footed and on his day is a huge attacking threat.

He does play like Stoke is below him, but whenever he plays for Switzerland he turns up. Perhaps if he joined a bigger club it might be the same..

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
He's nowhere near United quality even as a squad addition and people think he's worth it? I swear this place is weird...

Sigma

Great signing at 13 million. I would have liked him at United.

simplyared

Didn't realize there was a thread on the player. Hence my thread being binned/locked. Now when it's looking like Liverpool will land him for 13m seems like a steal imo. Think his commitment will sort any risk of him getting out of shape. Just thinking Klopp usually does well on the transfer market. Could be one that slipped through our fingers.

Jev

Don't feel like we're missing out but definitely a good deal for Liverpool at that price. They need more depth in attack and Shaqiri will at worst be a very useful impact sub. At best, he could realize his potential and challenge for a starting spot.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
If Klopp manages to transform Shaqiri’s mentality into something more in line with what a team player should have, he’ll do well there. His defensive ‘efforts’ for Switzerland at the World Cup were a disgrace but he’s an otherwise-decent footballer.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
Considering our desperate need of depth, getting Shaqiri for 13m is brilliant business. I have great trust in Klopp on the transfer market, particularly attacking wise. That said, I hope he isn’t our only addition to the forward line.

Status
Not open for further replies.