Yann Sommer | January transfer to Bayern on the cards

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Is he good with his feet?

Good from crosses?

Good coming off his line?

If yes to all three he's a vast improvement on DDG who is sadly not up to it anymore.

Oranges038

Would be a very solid number 2, but only for about 2/3 years... he's 34 in December.
VDS was 35? He could easily have 4 or 5 good years left in him. Not against this at all, he's been very under rated for a long time.

Love this save.

avgp_1

Classic Caf
He is the ideal keeper to play a high line with. Sweeps up a lot, great in build up, manages pressures very well. Shot Stopping is a strength of his, Gladbach concede quite a few shots. Wont come off his line enough for crosses though, thats the only downside I can think of him, though De Gea isnt brilliant at it either

aeh1991

He has been Gladbach's best player in the last 8 years, as well as arguably the no.2 GK in the Bundesliga* behind Neuer (who is from another planet). Brutal saves and good build up play, despite also having some weak phases and a rather small height. But overall, I would say he is a clear upgrade to de Gea. If he is available for less than 20m, it would be a no-brainer to get him and let him be the new no.1 for the next 3-4 years until we sign a young promising GK.

*I would put him slightly above Gulacsi and Kobel is too young to be up there yet.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
We could do a lot worse with a number 2 pick than Sommer, won't solve our number 1 problem though.
Him as number 1 for the rest of the season would help with changing the style of play, though. Then I guess you’d look to improve on him. It makes sense to do it that way.

HookedOnAPhelan

He is the ideal keeper to play a high line with. Sweeps up a lot, great in build up, manages pressures very well. Shot Stopping is a strength of his, Gladbach concede quite a few shots. Wont come off his line enough for crosses though, thats the only downside I can think of him, though De Gea isnt brilliant at it either
That's an understatement :lol:

If he's good with his feet, a good sweeper and a good shot stopper he should be a very big upgrade on De Gea. Provided he can handle the pressure at United.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Don't understand why we would go and pay for him when Romero was available for free less than 2 weeks ago.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I’d take anyone more all rounded at this point.

Glad that this is turning in to an emergency in our managers/clubs eyes.

Chairman Steve

I remember him being outstanding for Switzerland in one of the recent international tournaments.

Mainoldo

Can he pass. Does he command his area. These should be simple requirements.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Just as an aside: David de Gea is the bottom 1 percentile for touches per 90 minutes of all goalkeepers in Europe’s top 5 leagues. Lolzy

GreatDane

He has been Gladbach's best player in the last 8 years, as well as arguably the no.2 GK in the Bundesliga* behind Neuer (who is from another planet). Brutal saves and good build up play, despite also having some weak phases and a rather small height. But overall, I would say he is a clear upgrade to de Gea. If he is available for less than 20m, it would be a no-brainer to get him and let him be the new no.1 for the next 3-4 years until we sign a young promising GK.

*I would put him slightly above Gulacsi and Kobel is too young to be up there yet.
Yes please.

Kag

Even if he’s small and shite in the air, I’d still take a keeper who is good on the ball and actually does a bit of sweeping. 2/3 is better than 0/3, which is where we’re at with De Gea. Beggars can’t be choosers.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Wage increase and the promise of a fair chance to be #1, he would probably fancy the money and the chance to play in England.
Operative part: "fair chance to be #1". He wouldn't come here just for the money to become de Gea's understudy. De Gea is about to sit out his final year on the bench.

therealtboy

Supports
Feyenoord
Complaining about height? it’s not as if De Gea does anything useful with his height. Sommer is an upgrade at this point.

GreatDane

Operative part: "fair chance to be #1". He wouldn't come here just for the money to become de Gea's understudy. De Gea is about to sit out his final year on the bench.
I hope so. We need a hard reset, including at GK.

CM

Don't understand why we would go and pay for him when Romero was available for free less than 2 weeks ago.
Sommer is a sweeper keeper who is good with his feet. If we want to back ten Hag in the way he wants to play, he's far more suitable than Romero would be.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I reckon he'd take Dave's spot straight away. The only reason we're saying he's being signed as a #2 is to keep Dave happy in case we don't get him. He's a way better GK.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
He had GOAT performances in him at times. Like Friedel against Fergie era United.

Seems good with his feet. He’d probably replace DDG.

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
He would be a fine addition to Man United's roster

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Thought he was brilliant many years ago. Haven't paid much attention to him for about a decade-ish, but he was a great younger keeper.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Hope this is a real link