YaYa to leave City?

Barca84

Supports
Doesn't support Barca
Balotelli left because he wasn't good enough for us and is now playing in a struggling Milan side. Tevez left after losing up to £10m for his troubles. Tevez wanted to leave, he stayed. We sold him when it was convenient for us. I expect the same will happen with Yaya.
You hope the same will happen with Yaya.

louvega

He certainly isn't going to get any better with age so I wouldnt be forking out megabucks on him if I were a club with £50 million to spend.
I agree. I don't how much he would be worth in the market right now, it's kinda tricky. Excellent player, best season, yet 31 already and with a special character/manager, very high wage, and maybe an injury away from ending his career. I wouldn't pay anything close 50m, maybe not even 25m even though the player is clearly worth a lot more.

RedRover

Balotelli left because he wasn't good enough for us and is now playing in a struggling Milan side. Tevez left after losing up to £10m for his troubles. Tevez wanted to leave, he stayed. We sold him when it was convenient for us. I expect the same will happen with Yaya.
But the Tevez saga in particular undermined the manager - he said he would never play for the club again, but he did. For me, unhappy players are bad for a club. The player potentially puts less effort in and then you get questins why he is getting picked. If he doesnt get picked then he's twisting on the bench, being difficult in training or getting into other players.

He may just want a pay rise and might get it. Or this could be just being blown out of proportion. If its serious then it looks to me like he's looking for an excuse to move on and thats obviously a worst case scenario for City.

But you hear this "the club will decide" stuff from a lot of fans when a player is liked with a move away, but in the end, if he wants to go to a specific club and they want the deal as well, 9 times out of 10 it happens.

If Barca want him then it sounds like he wants to go back - having never actually wanting to leave in the first place and heading to city for the money. That's not a criticism by the way, simply an opinion.

ScarleyUtd

I agree. I don't how much he would be worth in the market right now, it's kinda tricky. Excellent player, best season, yet 31 already and with a special character/manager, very high wage, and maybe an injury away from ending his career. I wouldn't pay anything close 50m, maybe not even 25m even though the player is clearly worth a lot more.
Hence why it's tricky for them. Sell for 25m and who would they get to replace him? Probably would need 50m for someone as good. Then they've 'only' got 25 mill to play with for the any other signings they need.

How much do we reckon Pogba would go for?

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
But the Tevez saga in particular undermined the manager - he said he would never play for the club again, but he did. For me, unhappy players are bad for a club. The player potentially puts less effort in and then you get questins why he is getting picked. If he doesnt get picked then he's twisting on the bench, being difficult in training or getting into other players.

He may just want a pay rise and might get it. Or this could be just being blown out of proportion. If its serious then it looks to me like he's looking for an excuse to move on and thats obviously a worst case scenario for City.

But you hear this "the club will decide" stuff from a lot of fans when a player is liked with a move away, but in the end, if he wants to go to a specific club and they want the deal as well, 9 times out of 10 it happens.

If Barca want him then it sounds like he wants to go back - having never actually wanting to leave in the first place and heading to city for the money. That's not a criticism by the way, simply an opinion.
Mancini said Tevez would never play in an interview immediately after the game when emotions were high. Afterwards, he didn't rule a return out. Tevez only returned with Mancini's blessing. Tevez lost out on £10m in total and the club won a league title with his help.

I really doubt Yaya wants a pay-rise. If he wanted a pay-rise he would just claim he wants to leave the club and provide the usual bollocks such as a new challenge etc.

Like you said, if the club want the deal as well then it will happen. But if City stubbornly say he is staying, that is the end of it. I agree money was a big factor in Toure's move but it is probably a bit harsh to state that was solely why. His brother was at the club and it was clear we were on the rise. He had the chance to make history and become a legend at a club rather than just another face soon to be forgotten in an already successful team.

ScarleyUtd

Mancini said Tevez would never play in an interview immediately after the game when emotions were high. Afterwards, he didn't rule a return out. Tevez only returned with Mancini's blessing. Tevez lost out on £10m in total and the club won a league title with his help.

I really doubt Yaya wants a pay-rise. If he wanted a pay-rise he would just claim he wants to leave the club and provide the usual bollocks such as a new challenge etc.

Like you said, if the club want the deal as well then it will happen. But if City stubbornly say he is staying, that is the end of it. I agree money was a big factor in Toure's move but it is probably a bit harsh to state that was solely why. His brother was at the club and it was clear we were on the rise. He had the chance to make history and become a legend at a club rather than just another face soon to be forgotten in an already successful team.
There are some players at City who are playing for the club and are focused on the bigger picture (Zabaleta, Aguero) and some that are there for the wrong reasons and whose attitudes and motives are very questionable (Nasri, Toure and before them Tevez).

I think you should jettison the ones with the dodgy attitudes no matter how good they are. That is in the long term interests of the club. You're already regarded as a moneybags club – and situations like this just reinforce that. What sort of players do you want to attract in future? More mercenaries?

With Ferguson we had a big advantage in that he usually sniffed out the money grabbers (many examples like Robben, Hazard and of course Tevez) and ensured the players stayed, more or less, grounded. Though even he was finding it harder and harder (Rooney for example).

RedRover

He is a great player, and a match winner. I suspect he wants to go back to Barca or somewhere else and realises he isnt neccessarily going to get a lot of chances to do that in the future.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I'd rather he didn't go, he earned me stacks of points on FF this season.
Pretty much every team in most leagues pick him so the amount of points he gets doesn't really affect a league much unless you have him as captain...

louvega

He is a great player, and a match winner. I suspect he wants to go back to Barca or somewhere else and realises he isnt neccessarily going to get a lot of chances to do that in the future.
If he wants to go to Barça it's now or never. The transfer ban will go in effect next summer, so he will be 33 by the time they can sign new players again.

RedRover

Obviously if City say he's not moving - then obviously he won't be going anywhere. He has a contract.

The question is whether city will want another Tevez situation? Nobody came out of that looking good. The club backed down the manager was undermined and it rumbled on and on in the press casting a shadow over the club.

Unhappy players are trouble and City's options, if he is determined to go are to stick him in the reserves and pay his mega wages or let him go. The latter is, in my opinion far more likely.

These situations get messy quickly. The fans are already starting to turn on him by the sounds of it and his value is only likely to drop the longer he is out if favour.

I admire your optimism. Perhaps all if this will be resolved, but if not then I'd be surprised if he's there next year.

OutOfTowner

JCL Daytripping WUM
Of all the reasons a player has given for wanting out of a club, this has got to be the most baffling and, simultaneously, most hilarious reason. The poor schnuckums has nobody to celebrate his brithday with. Not even a lousy cake. In the interests of fairness, I reckon the Caf should make him a United birthday cake with his name on it and send it to him.

manutddjw

It still amuses me that agents who are supposed to be the brains of the operation are the ones that come out with some of the stupidest excuses for seeking more money for their client. From "angry and confused" to "they forgot my birthday" it does nothing but make their client look terrible and nobody believes the excuses anyway. I for one would be more forgiving of players if at least they admitted they were just looking for money.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Obviously if City say he's not moving - then obviously he won't be going anywhere. He has a contract.

The question is whether city will want another Tevez situation? Nobody came out of that looking good. The club backed down the manager was undermined and it rumbled on and on in the press casting a shadow over the club.

Unhappy players are trouble and City's options, if he is determined to go are to stick him in the reserves and pay his mega wages or let him go. The latter is, in my opinion far more likely.

These situations get messy quickly. The fans are already starting to turn on him by the sounds of it and his value is only likely to drop the longer he is out if favour.

I admire your optimism. Perhaps all if this will be resolved, but if not then I'd be surprised if he's there next year.
Still disagree with your interpretation of the Tevez incident. Tevez lost a lot of money. He came back when it was convenient for us and helped win us the league. The manager wasn't undermined as the club backed his decision and it was only with Mancini's blessing that he was put back into the team. The only loser in the situation was Tevez.

RedRover

Still disagree with your interpretation of the Tevez incident. Tevez lost a lot of money. He came back when it was convenient for us and helped win us the league. The manager wasn't undermined as the club backed his decision and it was only with Mancini's blessing that he was put back into the team. The only loser in the situation was Tevez.
Fair enough regarding the player losing out - but you can't tell me that this wasn't a distraction for the club. The press love this sort of stuff and that in itself can place undue pressure on the players and manager putting them under the microscope.

If Toure was languishing in the reserves everything City lost a game it had a poor performance the question would be "should Yaya be back in". It's a distraction no club needs and runs on and on week after week.

The Tevez incident seemed to work out ok because of the league title win. That could have gone the other way but for a single goal and that would put a whole different spin in it. The questions would be asked - should they have brought Tevez back? How did it effect the teams morale?

Of course it's a moot point in that case because you did win the title.

I still think if a player really has his heart set on going then the club will struggle to keep him. It usually ends with them going at some stage - often after a load of back and forth. It puts the buying club in a stronger position as well.

He's too big a player to bench - they need to resolve this or sell.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Fair enough regarding the player losing out - but you can't tell me that this wasn't a distraction for the club. The press love this sort of stuff and that in itself can place undue pressure on the players and manager putting them under the microscope.

If Toure was languishing in the reserves everything City lost a game it had a poor performance the question would be "should Yaya be back in". It's a distraction no club needs and runs on and on week after week.

The Tevez incident seemed to work out ok because of the league title win. That could have gone the other way but for a single goal and that would put a whole different spin in it. The questions would be asked - should they have brought Tevez back? How did it effect the teams morale?

Of course it's a moot point in that case because you did win the title.

I still think if a player really has his heart set on going then the club will struggle to keep him. It usually ends with them going at some stage - often after a load of back and forth. It puts the buying club in a stronger position as well.

He's too big a player to bench - they need to resolve this or sell.
But it would never come down to Yaya rotting in the reserves. He would either be sold or stay for another season and play like he has in previous years.

SolidState

You don't even know how ITK he is
So if that is true it's beyond any reasonable doubt that he wants out. He can't get his story straight, one min there's no love in the club he wants a cake, now he wants to be a coach?!

RedRover

No such thing
There is these days.

Tevez went missing for weeks - turned up (only because he didn't get his way) said he was sorry and was back in the first team almost immediately. Despite taking the piss.

Our City pal can say it was on Mancini's terms but I suspect the thought of paying a bloke £150k and not picking him wouldn't have been high on the owners agenda.

RedRover

But it would never come down to Yaya rotting in the reserves. He would either be sold or stay for another season and play like he has in previous years.
Big assumption to make that he'd give 100% if he wasn't happy. He might do but it isn't a given - plenty don't.

I'd suggest a grown man and multimillionaire crying because nobody bought him a birthday cake may not be the most likely candidate to give it his all if he doesn't get his way.

Last edited:

Manchester Dan

Supports
Man City
He's now deleted his tweet saying his agent speaks the truth, both Toure and his team have had a shocker over the last few days.

Melvyn

prostate examiner
I absolutely refuse to believe this. There is no way that this isn't a pisstake.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
Toure is good, but City have endless streams of cash, and if he attitude is this bad, fire him out the door.

CantonaGiggs1

They should make him director of football and give him some equity in the club and be done with it. I think that is the least they can do after the suffering he has had to endure.

Last edited:

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
They should make him director of football and give him a some equity in the club and be done with it. I think that is the least they can do after the suffering he has had to endure.
Hid birthday should also be celebrated every week.