Yet another Tactical Masterclass from Ole Gunnar Solskjaer. Whoop whoop!

MalibuKen

That you're wrong.

If you watch the game (rather than an average positions pitch map, which includes the 15 minutes before the change), McTominay is to the right of Fred but in a midfield 2 and Pogba is to the left but wide left of the 3.

If Fred is sitting at the base of a diamond, how is he winning the ball back so high up the pitch for the 3rd goal?
Clueless :wenger:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He's just not good enough. The quality of footballer after two years of coaching just isn't of the needed level. It's more than enough time for a class manager to stamp his authority over the football his team plays

Ludens the Red

Stupid, smug, self satisfying, trolling thread that was always always going to have people come in and react after days like today. The purpose of the thread was to wum.. and all the posts since the end of the game show that it worked.

buckooo1978

terrible today and in order to change that insipid performance his answer was Matic?!?

Cowardly subs later too going like for like with Fernandes/Greenwood coming off

how Pogba played the 90 I've no clue. awful from him today

Solskjaer really poor today

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Why are you posting in a thread about the match vs Leipzig?
Because it wasn’t a tactical masterclass as I pointed out when I stated fans will never learn their lesson. It was just that we had vastly superior players. Rb controlled the game until var helped us and they collapsed. Without those factors and individuals brilliance, we have performance like the Arsenal game.

You are wasting your time if you think you can prove me wrong. No one can do that to Amadaeus. Consistency is a huge problem and that is one factor that I stated Ole need to improve on

MattofManchester

I'm honestly surprised that our football is so very dull and uninteresting, bar an occasional 5 minutes.

Wasn't there a complaint about Mourinho parking the bus, but it's okay for Ole to do it at home?

spiriticon

I give him credit for trying a diamond in the league. I was surprised it worked well in midweek since this performance is exactly what I expected from that game.

Raredaredevil

Good day for you? Rejoicing in a United loss.
No offence but at this point, it seems like you are just supporting Ole just for the sake of it, being an Ole fanatic just like those Ronaldo and Messi fans. Attacking anyone who is against Ole. You are not even being objective anymore but biased. I don't know what you are trying to achieve by doing this. Maybe you're trying to create this image of yourself as an Ole fanatic to make yourself look cool on this forum but honestly, you look silly from the outside. No one here is happy over a United loss, we are upset and want change. I'm depressed about us using at home to Arsenal, our 14 years unbeaten home record against them broken. Ole is clearly out of his depth and the second worst manager in Man Utd's history. The fact that Bluemoon has a "Save Our Ole" thread says it all.

Fooza

Was a very tight game that we lost via a penalty. Not great but it happens.
You mean it happens that Ole gets it wrong. What I find bizarre is that you never critical of Ole, it's just always you dodging comments on Ole when he gets it wrong but praising him when we win. Doesn't make you look bias at all....

MattofManchester

Was a very tight game that we lost via a penalty. Not great but it happens.
Your opinions are not even smart anymore. It wasn't a tight game. It was a shite game with a club full of quality attacking players who parked the bus.

We never looked like winning that. Your opinions are shite. Your manager is shite. You just are too obnoxious to admit you're wrong or just lack ability to see the obvious.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Because it wasn’t a tactical masterclass as I pointed out when I stated fans will never learn their lesson. It was just that we had vastly superior players. Rb controlled the game until var helped us and they collapsed. Without those factors and individuals brilliance, we have performance like the Arsenal game.

You are wasting your time if you think you can prove me wrong. No one can do that to Amadaeus. Consistency is a huge problem and that is one factor that I stated Ole need to improve on
:lol:

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Your opinions are not even smart anymore. It wasn't a tight game. It was a shite game with a club full of quality attacking players who parked the bus.

We never looked like winning that. Your opinions are shite. Your manager is shite. You just are too obnoxious to admit you're wrong or just lack ability to see the obvious.
Seems you also need tissue too?

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
You mean it happens that Ole gets it wrong. What I find bizarre is that you never critical of Ole, it's just always you dodging comments on Ole when he gets it wrong but praising him when we win. Doesn't make you look bias at all....
So our players bear no responsibility?

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
He’s a cup team manager. Can’t manage in the long term, the league form is shocking.

covid saved is arse. Not a hope were we finishing top 4 otherwise.

Badly setup and horrendous subs. He hasn’t a breeze sadly.

Josep Dowling

Ole always gets a result to save his job. People see 5-0 and assume we must have destroyed them but for 70 minutes they were by far the better team. The only good performance this season was the PSG game.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
The mentality within the squad and management is just completely off.

We're bright and intelligent in the CL but we seem to take the PL for granted.

Nori-

Kept Pogba on after a AWFUL game. Bought Matic on when we were chasing a goal. Took Greenwood off who was one of our few threats.

Let's not wait until Xmas this year to get rid of the manager (which is inevitable) when we will be too far off the top to do anything good this year. Sack now and bring in Poch. Sick of the endless excuses for this team and manager.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I like that the title of this thread can read as both genuinely joyous and bitterly sarcastic.

I'm much less keen on how quickly we switch between those moods.

Fooza

They were shocking as was Ole decisiveness and choice of subs.

What does Ole need to do to get any criticism from you? I'm interested to know why he is totally exempt from any criticism.

Raredaredevil

So when we win, Ole gets the credit but when we lose, it's on the players? Please stop embarrassing yourself and the real Ole supporters. Next time we win, I'll quote you on this, it will be because of the players.

Roboc7

Ole’s not a master of anything, just making it up as he goes along, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn’t. When things aren’t going well he looks utterly clueless and may as well not even be there, today was great example.

hungrywing

I think it's pretty clear he learned his lesson regarding Pogba-Matic.

Maybe this (Arsenal) was him learning it regarding Pogba starting in a diamond.

cptkeane1993

3 wins, 1 draw and 1 defeat since that 1-6 defeat is decent but we need to finish it with 5 wins.

Bad day at the office for Ole and staff. Took a gamble with fitting Pogba in but didn’t work. Hope he concludes Pogba is best off the bench. Arsenal frustrate and prevent opposition teams from playing football and it worked again. Mike Dean’s clear bias didn’t help but perhaps more importantly the team enjoyed that 5-0 too much and lost focus on this game.

Nagelsmann lost 0-5 but that doesn’t immediately make him a tactical imbecile. We’ll come back.

passing-wind

Ole always gets a result to save his job. People see 5-0 and assume we must have destroyed them but for 70 minutes they were by far the better team. The only good performance this season was the PSG game.
Context is the biggest indicator of a meaningful assessment. I applaud Solskjaer for the formation we displayed but the trajectory of the majority of the game always favoured Leipzig. We punished them for mistakes hence why we won the fixture. But as displayed when the requirement is for us to thrive on the front foot we often meet failure.

When you consider the pragmatism of Solskjaer he's almost no better than a past prime Mourinho. We are not an attacking team in the slightest but Ole has this very fortunate equaliser of having attacking players who excel in moments of individual brilliance to force the issue. One big indicator is that Ole should be growing with the occasion but we still have the same questions before he was even given the opportunity, What's the system ? What's the philosophy ? What direction is the team going in ? Can we be consistent ? The longer his managerial career ensues the more unanswered questions.

Judas

Open to offers
Look Ole knows how to win certain games against certain teams. I'd back us to do well in the CL still. But what about all the other games, you know the majority of games we play. Yeah we know the answer.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
I think it's pretty clear he learned his lesson regarding Pogba-Matic.

Maybe this (Arsenal) was him learning it regarding Pogba starting in a diamond.
He's in charge for 100 games already, if he still hasn't realised Pogba can't be trusted by now, he's beyond hopeless.

Lee565

He is no tactical master, ole is suppose to be great against the big side but has only picked up 1 point against 3 of the top 6 sides so far and all were home matches as well, I'm sure the same would happen in europe soon as well.