You can now ignore threads and forums

kps88

I'd personally find this most useful on the "Forums" page to be honest. That's where you can only see one latest thread per forum, so it makes it impossible to ignore. When a thread is listed among several, it's easy to ignore.

prateik

New Post first? Is it for mobile? I would like it last on the desktop. Much easier to click down the middle of the page.

Will probably get used to it in a few years :(

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Nice. Ignoring all the "We can't win league with.." threads.

jackofalltrades

Tried to ignore IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENTS thread.Either I've done something wrong or it's not working.

Martial

Would be great if you could add an option to not hide threads made by an ignored member, as you can potentially miss a lot of chat just because of who the thread starter is.

Not sure how possible it is.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
I've been ignoring most of the football forums without any help for about a decade now.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
A decade? Liverpool or arsenal supporter?
Huh?

The football forums have been a silly place since. Erm? Well? Forever.

Although the night that Raoul and I banned over 100 scourers after they played up in the football forums was a highlight.

Ian Reus

Ended 14 years of Grand National sweepstakes
Huh?

The football forums have been a silly place since. Erm? Well? Forever.

Although the night that Raoul and I banned over 100 scourers after they played up in the football forums was a highlight.
10 years ago was glorious for us though.
I was a lurker on here back then.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
The “New Posts” link not being visible on mobile is definitely a pain. I’ll see if I can sort that out.
+1

This new feature needs to *get out of the cocking way*.

Adebesi

The only thing I don't really like is that you don't see the 'new posts' link in the black bar. Instead now you see 'FAQ', 'threads you ignore' and 'forums you ignore' on the black bar when you are in a thread. So you always have to do an extra click to get to the 'new posts' function. At least on mobile, haven't seen the interface on a pc yet.

Surely the 'new posts' is used more by everyone than the ones just added?

Edit - Apparently on landscape mode it's still the same as it used to be, it's just portrait mode that doesn't show the 'new posts' function.
Came in to say this. Those three options, when you use your phone, are the only options you see without having to go to a drop down menu. None of those 3 options are tabs I would ever use so it is a really inefficient use of real estate. I would use watched threads or new posts which were both there before. Quite inconvenient.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
I keep hitting ignore forums instead of new posts. Thus wasting 2 seconds of scrolling time. Simply not good enough, and I blame Damien

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
This is great. Thankfully I only make threads nobody cares about.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Ok I've moved the "Threads you ignore" and "Forums you ignore" links to the account drop down menu.

The New Posts link is now visible again on mobile.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
reply to loads of people and see what happens
That's not foolproof though, i've got all my notifications switched on, and i'm not that sad i'd ever ignore anybody, but yet I still stumble upon posts sometimes weeks later where posters have replied to one of my posts but I haven't been notified, and it looks as though i've ignored them.

Shit he's not going to reply. lol

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
mate honestly i wasn't being 100% serious. i don't ignore people either i just hatewank when i see their posts

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Ok I've moved the "Threads you ignore" and "Forums you ignore" links to the account drop down menu.

The New Posts link is now visible again on mobile.

Thank you!!

thejtrain

Awesome, I wanted this feature so much! Would be more useful if it worked on the thread listings on the homepage too.

SirAF

Ageist
Life is infinitely better.. although, threads from the ignored forums are still showing up in the main feed.