You can now opt out of score predictions

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Quite a few people have a tendency to submit stupid score predictions like:

Stoke 5:0 Man Utd
Stoke 5:5 Man Utd

In an attempt to try and reduce this stupidity, I've added an opt-out option for score predictions.

If you choose this option you will no longer see the prediction form until the next match comes around.

If you are one of the people submitting stupid predictions, stop doing it now, use this opt out feature or I will hunt you down and administer cold hard justice upon thee!

I'm talking to you @Crustanoid @Shane88 @kerano. @Devils_BG @Aussieunited10 @VainCape @Señor @Pentame @Red-Man-Walking (and others)

Shamwow

listens to shit music & watches Mrs Brown's Boys
This is exactly the sort of thing that caused us to lose 4-0 against MK Dons.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Name and shaming :lol::nervous:
You make me sick!!

Does predicting the score right contribute any points to the line up prediction table? Also is there any way to see your past predictions, how accurate you've been, etc.? If not perhaps this would be a nice feature for the future, although @Niall is probably already one step ahead...

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
You make me sick!!

Does predicting the score right contribute any points to the line up prediction table? Also is there any way to see your past predictions, how accurate you've been, etc.? If not perhaps this would be a nice feature for the future, although @Niall is probably already one step ahead...
Yeah that's something I want to add. You can see your previous predictions by going to the thread for each match. Your prediction is marked with a star. A score prediction leaderboard is on the to-do list.

Raptori

Special needs
:lol:

I think the score prediction league idea could definitely help stop people doing this. Been thinking about it a bit, it'd be awesome if points were awarded for getting any one of the following correct: result (win/draw/loss), home team goals, away team goals, goal margin (goal margin would obviously not be awarded if you predicted the wrong result). If you get more than one correct then you get bonus points. That way you'd get something for predicting the right result, but you'd get more for predicting the exact scoreline.

United22

But you could have easily put this thread before the MK Dons game and look what happened there

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
We should just bump every player up a point due to the lame ratings given so far.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
But you could have easily put this thread before the MK Dons game and look what happened there
Who honestly expected us to lose that 4:0? Who honestly expects us to lose 5:0 to Yeovil? Take it seriously or opt out is the rule :)