You can now view warnings on your account

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
A long running issue with people's accounts is that they can't see their warnings and how many warning points they have. This can cause confusion when people are temporarily banned for receiving several warnings. It often comes as a surprise since people have no visibility of their warnings.

So now you can see what warnings are on your account and how many active warning points you have. On your profile page there is a new warnings tab (if you have no warnings you won't see one).

Your total active warning points are also visible on your profile page.

Warning points typically expire a year after the warning is received.

We tried this previously but that change allowed everyone to see each other's warnings which is not cool. Now only you (and the modmins) can see your warnings.

As a reminder of how warnings work, the modmins give them out for rules violations and also as quality control reminders (e.g. if you're formatting your posts poorly or regularly making crap posts we'll tell you).

Sometimes we won't give warnings at all and instead send you a PM with a friendly reminder. We're nice like that :)

If you receive multiple warnings you will likely be temporarily banned. If you continue to get warnings you will eventually be perma-banned.

Here are the warning point thresholds:
  • 5 points = 2 day temporary ban
  • 10 points = 1 week temporary ban
  • 15 points = permanent ban
Don't worry, this isn't an announcement heralding a new reign of terror from the modmins. It's just a tweak and a reminder to how things work.

Now go forth and obeyeth the law! ;)

---------------

Edit: And of course if you're a complete plonker we reserve the right to ban yo' ass without warning!

If you have no warnings the tab will not be there?

Needham

My warnings tab is nearly as long as my postings tab.

Big Andy

Bloke
Mine are:

Inappropriate Content - For a picture of that bloke with a massive cock (even though it was bandaged up, and had been in the papers)

Adult / Sexual imagery - Can't remember what that was for

Inappropriate joke - Madeleine McCann Joke

Excessive bad language - feck off

Creating a duplicate account - Don't remember that one

Don't bypass the swear filter. Also please change your location to something more suitable. - Again, feck off

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Good that we can see this without bugging mods, I asked this few days ago in other thread.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
I still can't see which post got warned. Can you just add a link to the post next to warnings?
Sometimes warnings aren't given on a particular post, like that one you're referring to. It's just a general warning.

If you look at your other warning there is a link to the post.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Sometimes warnings aren't given on a particular post, like that one you're referring to. It's just a general warning.

He can't see that one though as the post was deleted due to how bad it was. If he wants to know the contents he's free to pm a mod though.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
He can't see that one though as the post was deleted due to how bad it was. If he wants to know the contents he's free to pm a mod though.
Ah right, good point!

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.

Damien

Staff
It was probably for bad taste though. So removing the warning is actually hurting him more than helping.
Still listed on his account though and I think Randall knows he's on a fairly short leash with the number of points he's been given over the space of a three-year timespan. He's been fine since last year. If he had been warned since that post, it definitely wouldn't have been expired.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Still listed on his account though and I think Randall knows he's on a fairly short leash with the number of points he's been given over the space of a three-year timespan. He's been fine since last year. If he had been warned since that post, it definitely wouldn't have been expired.
Yet he's always quick to moan about mods being heavy handed.

Damien

Staff
I absolutely did not try to create a new account in 2014.
@Dpooltiz was the account. He said he was a Nigerian residing in the US.

My favourite pooltiz thread:

Why does the Media insist on calling every other win a "comeback"
Its like we lose a match, then we win one then the media proclaims: comebackcomebackcomback then we lose another one. WHAT COMEBACK ARE THEY SEEING??
No replies though.

Last edited:

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
The post was deleted. Mods can see it though so if you want to know the specific post feel free to PM if you don't want it making public to everyone on the caf.

Thanks!

Damien

Staff
Hmmm can’t remember what the pedo joke I made was tbh.
Was an exchange with Jippy about Rotherham.

Sadly by looking at this page I now realise not only do I have Zero warnings, I also have Zero likes :(.
You joined before the newbie system came into place in 2003 so wasn't any need to like your posts. A few years ago we disabled likes to promoted posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.