You walk in tomorrow…what do you do?

Pughnichi

I agree!

The conundrum for EtH is do you ask the defence to play higher, knowing full well Maguire/Varane/Lindelof will struggle?

If you accept the defence cannot play as you wish..

Then you either bring the attack deeper...back to square one of being a counter-attacking team.

Play a pressing game (with half a team) and hope the younger forwards can cover the gaps in midfield. Which is what's happening now, and failing miserably.

Or you force the defence to play higher and accept the risks. This option hasn't been tried yet.

Then to throw it back at the owners, during the summer it was pretty clear EtH wanted a CB to replace Maguire. Add Martinez getting injured all season and a genuine factor for what we have been seeing all season.
We push the defence up and let Onana sweep more aggressively than he has been. He’s nowhere near as eager to leave his box since we signed him. It’s the best short term fix before squad overhauls and new signings

Paul778

We push the defence up and let Onana sweep more aggressively than he has been. He’s nowhere near as eager to leave his box since we signed him. It’s the best short term fix before squad overhauls and new signings
Do you remember when Dalot misplaced and easy sideways pass on the half way line and the ball got lobbed into an empty net? Your approach relies on the fact we can make simple routine passes, which we cannot.

Remember the geese

I'd send for a selection of players to come into my office (Onana, Dalot, Martinez, Mainoo, Mount, Amad, Garnacho and Højlund). I'd let them know that they are in my plans and that we'll get this club back on track. I would then say "Give us 10 mins lads, I just want to have a chat with the others". My chat would be brief. I'd tell them that as of this moment, they are all available for transfer.

Sylar

Make sure we never ever buy a player from Chelsea, Madrid, Dortmund or munich

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
I'd send for a selection of players to come into my office (Onana, Dalot, Martinez, Mainoo, Mount, Amad, Garnacho and Højlund). I'd let them know that they are in my plans and that we'll get this club back on track. I would then say "Give us 10 mins lads, I just want to have a chat with the others". My chat would be brief. I'd tell them that as of this moment, they are all available for transfer.
I can't fault the players you've picked. Unless Shaw can get to the meeting.

klayton88

I'd stick my keys in my hand and start windmilling anything that moves, even Kath if she tried to be a hero.

Skills

Snitch
I'd start by a campaign to disenfranchise a large portion of our fanbase. Our clubs held back by a fanbase out of touch with football. We need to start fresh, and until we get a fanbase that actually understands modern football we'll always be a mess.

Fer

I would change the system up all together.

No point in playing 4-3-3/4-2-3-1, we can't play it. Tried it enough this season and under previous managers and failed in the end.

I would start implementing 3 at back and wing back system. 2 upfront. Make it hard for any team for rest of season.

Holjlund/Garnacho upfront from now on both dont stop running and work hard for team can both score.

Bruno as advanced midfielder, with Manoo and Casemiro at holding the midfield. AND Mean Holding. Stop the current gaps in midfield with 2 holding midfielders. Keep compact in there.

Wing backs that can play high and wide. Dalot and AWB currently but no harm in trying Antony as a advanced wing back in certain games.

3 CB.

If successful till end of season then start planning for recruitment of players that can improve the system/set up.
For the remaining of the season, I would like to try a formation with 3 defenders. But most of them are injured, and we don't have attacking full-backs /wingbacks. So, I would try with more midfielders to attempt to have better control of the game.

-----------------Onana----------------
Dalot - Maguire - Varane - AWB
Mainoo - Casemiro - Mount
---------------- Bruno ------------------
------- Hojlund - Garnacho ------

redmanx

If I could do what ever I wanted Id first get rid of the Glazers then tell Rashford, Maguire, Lindelof, Shaw, Varane, Wan Bissaka, Van de Beek, Sancho, Martial, Eriksen and Onana to pack their bags and go. We need to clear the dead wood, from the top down.

mu4c_20le

Watch training for a bit and when it comes to passing drills

Lentwood

First thing I'd do is tell Rashford to clear out his locker....there's no way I could make calm and rationale decisions about anything whilst having to look at him jogging around picking his arse

Brophs

The One and Only
Begin a loving yet intensely sexual relationship with the physio’s wife.

Valencia Shin Crosses

I'd drop Bruno instantly, go with Mount/Mainoo/Amrabat in midfield. Would have Amad as first off the bench in almost every match and start bedding him into an attacking half space 8. I'd stop this dogshit high press gimmick and play more out of a mid block. Prioritize more control in our build up. Would prepare to clear out Bruno/Maguire/Rashford/McT/Lindelof/Casemiro/Antony along with other obvious outgoings (a la Greenwood). Prioritize transforming the spine of our team into athletic beasts with technicality. 2 CB's and 2 athletic CM's being brought in at a minimum. Fire Ten Hag. Look to get younger throughout the squad and get back to the roots of the club with PnP throughout (while raising our techincal levels slowly). Get rid of the older head culture of losing and reset from ground zero with a young hungry squad to go with our new hungry management team.

Our biggest problem right now is that we don't have a set identity or anything that we thrive at. We aren't very quick anywhere apart from the front 3, we lose countless duels all over the pitch, we don't take care of the ball or have enough good technicians in tight spaces, and we don't have any sort of set patterns that are repeatable to fall back on. The easiest part of this to fix is the PnP and duel winning (it's what Newcastle did as well to jump into the T4 post takeover), and it's where I'd start while a new manager imprints his tactical vision onto the side.

OverratedOpinion

I would play the following

Onana
Wan Bissaka
Best 2 centre backs available in the order of Martinez, Varane, Evans, Maguire, Lindelof
Dalot

Casemiro
Mainoo
Mount

Antony
Hojlund
Garnacho

Stress pressing as a unit, positional discipline and setting the standard of dropping anyone who did not offer 100% effort.

I would be on the phone with Dan Ashworth constantly with 3 priorities.

1. Finding the best possible centre back that we could realistically obtain.
2. Finding 2 midfielders with the right attributes (positionally intelligent, good on the ball and extremely intelligent passes)
3. Discussing the idea of selling Rashford and potentially Bruno as well as certain other players like McTominay and Maguire.

I love Bruno but I want to see if we can have more control in midfield without him and probably rate Mount higher than most.

Wheato

I would immediately put Rashford, Greenwood, Sancho, Maguire, McTominay, Casemiro, Erikson, AWB and Varane on the transfer list.

There's about 300 million back into the transfer Kitty.

Get Berada started on signing Todibo (mates rates) Branthwaite, Frimpong, Onana (Everton) Joao Palhinha and Ivan Toney.

big_jeffstar

Play a low block until the end of the season to stop the constant amount shots we have to deal with and play on the counter, we may as well.. we don’t have the players for anything else fit now anyway.
Then build from the back, we need new centre backs that don’t have a history of breaking every 5 minutes and that goes for LB too

BlackBen

Sack ETH and his whole team, sell Rashford, Bruno, Martial, Maguire, Lindelof, Mctominay, Casemiro, Varane, Shaw, AWB, sack the whole medical team, sack the whole recruitment team then walk out.

padzilla

Hipster
I would install a juke box in my office and make sure there's a fridge there with a constant supply of cold beer.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
We need more leaders and more solid, consistent players. Focus on getting good people. How the feck has a stroppy, strange, lazy and frankly shite player like Antony managed to get a 90m transfer here, for example?

Of course we need world beaters, and we’ll always look to get them - we have some already! But we’re severely lacking proper players, decent level headed players and aggressive strong players. Arsenal have had the same crisis over the years and they’ve bought extremely well in this regard, look at em now

E-mal

1) confirm whether we as a club believe Ten Hag's desired style/tactic (which is similar to how his 2019 Ajax setup) is potentially a title winning tactic. If we don't think that it is we should get another manager.

2) If we do think his tactics could work with the right players then decide how feasible it is to get those players. e.g. if only De Jong can play in that deep midfield role and we have no chance of getting him or if the players we need we can't afford then maybe look at another manager.

3) If we think we can get the right players in to support his tactics and we believe with those right players we can potentially challange for top honours then keep him another year and proceed with a clear out of players who are not suitable to his tactics.
This point is shite and devoid of everything we have seen and ETH has said. We press high and have one of the lowest defensive line all the same time making it easy to cut through us like a hot knife through butter and leaving space in midfield as big as the great canyon. No big team plays like that or has ever played like that. ETH himself has said he is not here to play like way he plays in Ajax, so this make your point nulled.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

Walk in as manager?

I would go in with a strong vision of what I want and how we should play but also look at each player as unbiased as possible and try to find out who might be able to fit in. After I have got a clear picture walk to the board / director and give him a list with the players I will not be using and another list what kind of players I will need.
The whole problem of contracts, wages, financials influence in the dressing room etc. is something that should not influence the judgement of the manager. This should be solved by the people above.

wolvored

Stop playing a low block high press with nothing in the middle structure. Drop Rashford and try Amad along with Garnacho and Hojlund. Drop Bruno for a game and play a more rigid structure wher the players play their position, not play a free role ala Bruno, with Mount taking Brunos place, Mainoo and Ericksen/Casemiro/McTom play one of them first half and sub for another in the second. The defence is whoever is fit. See how that workd

simplyared

I'd take the "young" holy trinity (Mainoo; Höjlund; Garnacho) to one side. Load up clips on widescreen of Robson; Van Nistelroy and Best and tell them thats where the bar is.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
The question would he do you have a big enough pair of balls to bang the table and put the R and B to the transfer list? Do you have what it takes to play the kids and lose matches? Before the pundits Starts crucifying you for not playing R? Do you have the board trust to raze the team and build from scratch? Do you have the guts to tell them in the interview that you'll want to sell their poster boy? And do you care enough to risk it all for United? Or would you rather play along take the fat check and hope things click

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
Change the setup to stop playing suicide football. I’d probably play a 4-3-3 similar to what Liverpool do, with my midfielders all playing close to each other to close up any midfield spaces. As soon as we get the ball, we try to find the front three quickly.

I’d also just play the kids mostly - Garnacho, Hoijlund, Mainoo, Amad, Kambwala. Drop Rashford.

Oscar Bonavena

I’d….

Instruct McT, Rashford and their agents to find a new club. They wouldn’t get another minute. I’d refuse to play them and force a move.

Drop Bruno…if he doesn’t like it and pushes to leave, so be it

start Garnacho Mount and Amad behind Hojlund and give them a good run of games. It’s your time to shine and cement your place

Give Martinez club captaincy and advise it’s a constant. No picking and choosing his games. Not that he would

Reinstate Harry as vice - who over the course of the season has shown he has more minerals than most around him
I like it.

Luffy

Gomu Gomu
I sell the club to Jassim, and funnel the money into hiring 3 directors for 3 Hollywood projects. a) James Cameron to remake Jurassic Park b) Inarritu to adapt the book Kolymsky Heights with a Canadian Indian as the lead, with the caveat that he has to lose his Quebec accent, and learn Russian, Korean and Japanese c) a crowd to hit J. J. Abrams with tomatoes till he recants.

Von Mistelroum

Inform Rashford & McTom that they need to find a new club. Laziness, apathy, entitled players, and hiding in games isn't acceptable when you play for United.

Put Case up for sale to the highest Saudi bidder but thank him for his effort when he still had something to give.

I would want to give Martinez the captaincy too, but he would need to stay fit for a few minutes first. On that note, I'd have to ship Varane off as he's clearly broken and I don't imagine he'll play more than a handful of games next season.

Other than that, I'd probably just ask the owners to hire some decent scouts as I wouldn't have a clue how to coach the actual team so couldn't offer a lot more