Young will play 50 games next season

Andy_Cole

Apologies if there’s a thread. I know Jose didn’t say this today, think it was a few weeks ago. I’ve just come to the reality that this will happen and we will have no new LB. Worse still, we’re starting next season with our starting full backs unchanged.

What are we thinking? It’s so obvious this is the number one area we need to improve. We have so little creativity in those flanks. We’re desperate for an Evra or Rafael in their prime to be giving that.

Jose if you’re reading this, you must buy some attacking full backs or we’re doomed.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...all-news/man-utd-news-mourinho-young-14639518

Last edited:

SER19

Really poorly executed thread even if your concerns are fair enough. Also, nobody will play 50 games for us next season

Canagel

Then we are effectively throwing away the title. We are not winning anything until both Valencia and Young are gone.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Where is the source link(s) stating that? You obviously failed to read the rules on how to open this kind of topics :p

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Apologies if there’s a thread. I know Jose didn’t say this today, think it was a few weeks ago. I’ve just come to the reality that this will happen and we will have no new LB. Worse still, we’re starting next season with our starting full backs unchanged.

What are we thinking? It’s so obvious this is the number one area we need to improve. We have so little creativity in those flanks. We’re desperate for an Evra or Rafael in their prime to be giving that.

Jose if you’re reading this, you must buy some attacking full backs or we’re doomed.
He's got you on ignore so there's no chance.

Marcelinho87

Our right flank is weak but I think our left flank is decent and will come even better with Sanchez getting a pre-season under us.

I also have this feeling Dalot will become a RW for us.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
We are literally doomed. Such lack of ambition from Jose and the club. City will piss over the league again. What the hell is Jose thinking? Am I doing it right?

FujiVice

Well, he didnt play 50 games last season. In fact, he only played 50 games once in his career and that was at Villa in his 20s. I'd say the chances are thin.

Silas

Our right flank is weak but I think our left flank is decent and will come even better with Sanchez getting a pre-season under us.

I also have this feeling Dalot will become a RW for us
Why?

drdoityourself

I can not believe that we will not sign a LB this summer. Young is right footed, so early in the buildup he receives the ball with his right foot facing back to goal. A left footer would let the ball slide across the body and look upwards.
It may seem like a small thing but the lack of intent early in the build up kills this team. On the other flank we have Valencia, who is right footed but is far too hesitant in the build up.
He also needs to check back to his right for crosses, crosses who I feel are quite overrated as a positive for him. He floats them almost every time across the far post, if Fellaini isn't playing they more often than not are harmless.

Varun

Staff
If we could sign just 2 players, I'd have signed a starting RB and LB. That's our biggest weakness for me and one of the main reasons our attack looks so clueless. No idea how trustworthy the news is but its mental if we plan to have Tony V and Ashley Young stinking the place up again next season

El-Manos

Too early to tell obviously but if this statement proves to be right, then it’s difficult to get excited for the new season in all fairness. Targeting a centre back and back up striker when RW & Left back should be a priority, is a diabolical decision. Time will tell, there is hope yet.

LoneStar

Perhaps we should make a thread titled 'For Jose' and leave all our comments and advise in there. Be easy for him too, to read and absorb it all in one place.

Who knows, maybe one or two posters may even get to become assistant managers and take over after Jose in the future.

This process would again continue, till we win not only the treble, but also the Euros and the World Cup too. Mods, please get on this immediately.

Smores

I find it odd some familiar names on here spend months saying the teams amazing Jose should be competing he's doing a shit etc are now the ones that are having the biggest meltdowns over a lack of top class signings.

Its almost...almost as if they just like to moan

Wayne's World

Might aswell cancel next season and sack Jose as soon as possible If he actually believes our full-backs are fine.

We'll finish outside the top four next season unless we significantly improve our back four

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
If we could sign just 2 players, I'd have signed a starting RB and LB. That's our biggest weakness for me and one of the main reasons our attack looks so clueless. No idea how trustworthy the news is but its mental if we plan to have Tony V and Ashley Young stinking the place up again next season
Weakest part of our team is blatantly the right wing, because both lingard and Mata are trash there. But agreed we obviously needed new fullbacks. Dont mind Dalot rotating and giving it a year to take over from Valencia, but it's pretty clear Mourinho is happy with both Valencia and Young. Young to his credit had a good year, but yeah, e obviously need a new left back. Doubt we'll go for anyone though.

AndyJ1985

IF we go in to next season with Valencia and Young as starters again we may as well write the season off.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
To be fair to Jose, He didn't specify which game... maybe He meant to say Young will play 50 fortnite games next season? everyone and their mother play that game so it wouldn't be surprising.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

hobbers

Young can at least cross the ball and take free kicks, so if we're going to have to keep one of the two full backs i'd rather it be him than Valencia.

But the way our 2018 full backs are shaping up is total shit.

Kag

Probably. It's been said before but Mourinho thinks that both Valencia and Young are brilliant and he's in no rush to replace them.

He's willfully bought everywhere else on the park other than full back since he arrived. It isn't because he thinks his full backs are shite.

EyeInTheSky

I find it odd some familiar names on here spend months saying the teams amazing Jose should be competing he's doing a shit etc are now the ones that are having the biggest meltdowns over a lack of top class signings.

Its almost...almost as if they just like to moan
Yep, about 80% team are average to shite with an even worse bench yet we should be winning the Quadruple and beating citys freak record in the league last season.

Varun

Staff
Weakest part of our team is blatantly the right wing, because both lingard and Mata are trash there. But agreed we obviously needed new fullbacks. Dont mind Dalot rotating and giving it a year to take over from Valencia, but it's pretty clear Mourinho is happy with both Valencia and Young. Young to his credit had a good year, but yeah, e obviously need a new left back. Doubt we'll go for anyone though.
Sanchez should play there.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Might aswell cancel next season and sack Jose as soon as possible If he actually believes our full-backs are fine.

We'll finish outside the top four next season unless we significantly improve our back four
Probably not but we'll be absolutely dour to watch again.

Minimalist

Not going to lose my shit as I expect pragmatism from Mourinho but it will be disappointing if we don't sign a left-back to replace Young/Shaw. Both aren't good enough to progress. Young is fine to hang around as a back-up and utility player.

Maru229

Maybe Jose has plans for Young at RW.

Last edited by a moderator:

rampo

Out of curiosity, is there any news that we won't be signing a LB? or is this a case of redcafe being redcafe