Your England Squad for Euro 2020

TheReligion

Abusive
I think as it stands it will be the other way round. As much as I love Mount if the squad was named today there's no way he should be named ahead of Grealish. Whereas I think Hudson Odoi is low-key playing himself into contention lately, especially if Kane's injured and Rashford is played at number 9 (freeing up a winger slot).
I don't think CHO is doing anywhere near enough to get a spot if I'm honest. Can't see him going unless he really has a storming end to the season.

paulscholes18

GK
Pickford
Henderson
Pope

Defence
TAA
AWB
Chilwell
Williams
Maguire
Stones
Gomez
Tomori

Midfield
Rice
Henderson
Madinson
Ox
Alli
Winks
Grealish

Forwards
Sterling
Rashford
Kane
Sancho
Abraham

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
..............Henderson
James Cahill Tomori Chilwell
,.........Mount Rice RLC...........
Sancho......Tammy.........CHO
Was trying to think of what connection Dean Henderson has with Chelsea......is Ross Turnbull still playing anywhere?:D

::sonny::

Assuming Kane and Rashford both make it fully fit, who would be in your 23 if you were picking now? For me I'd go -

Goalkeepers
Henderson
Pope
Pickford

Defenders
Alexander-Arnold
Walker
Chilwell
Rose
Maguire
Gomez
Stones
Smalling

Midfielders
Henderson
Winks
Rice
Maddison
Grealish
Alli

Forwards
Sterling
Rashford
Sancho
Kane
Abraham
Ings

I'd be tempted to give Henderson the captaincy over Kane too.

Right-back is probably the toughest position, with Trippier, Wan-Bissaka & Reece James all being candidates to go over Walker, but I prefer the most experienced player to be the back-up right back, and Walker is still starting at City.
Mings instead of Maguire

manc4red

This might be an unpopular opinion but, I don't think Henderson will perform well without Klopp's tactics. Evidently during the world cup semi final, he was useless.

But sure, should bring him for experience though.
I am on the other train of thought. Henderson is probably nailed on for a starting xi spot for me. With what Liverpool has and is achieving this season, that is crucial for the English team.

Hate to say it but while the guy still runs a bit funny to me he has gas to last the full match, extremely focused and his constant nitpicking on refs will actually be of use in an English shirt.

Schweigaard

Supports
Liverpool
Not playing J. Henderson would be a grave mistake for England, he should be the captain.

I honestly think you should just try to play as similar to us as possible, and use a midfield trio of Lallana (if he's fit)/Hendo/Ox, with Gomez and TAA in the defense as well. Sterling/Sancho/Rashford up top can somewhat replicate our attacking trio with their pace.

Craig Ward

Not playing J. Henderson would be a grave mistake for England, he should be the captain.

I honestly think you should just try to play as similar to us as possible, and use a midfield trio of Lallana (if he's fit)/Hendo/Ox, with Gomez and TAA in the defense as well. Sterling/Sancho/Rashford up top can somewhat replicate our attacking trio with their pace.
Lallana? Seriously?

England play a different way to Liverpool, very arrogant to just throw comments out like "just do what we do"

Bit more complex than that, but the naivety and narrow mindedness of liverpool fans never fail to make me chuckle.

Henderson should play, more to do with the fact there a few better options rather than his brilliance.

England always looked better with a back 3 for me, but if Southgate goes with a 4-3-3 i'd say Henderson will likely start

LVGSdive

I don't think CHO is doing anywhere near enough to get a spot if I'm honest. Can't see him going unless he really has a storming end to the season.
I think CHO and Foden both have to go. Their ceilings are so high, I fully expect them to be 2 of the best players in the world in 3-5 years. In addition to the fact that they both have a winning mentality at international level.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I think CHO and Foden both have to go. Their ceilings are so high, I fully expect them to be 2 of the best players in the world in 3-5 years. In addition to the fact that they both have a winning mentality at international level.
If Foden could get a decent loan (similar to when Wilshere went to Bolton) I reckon he could make a late run into the squad. Dosen't look likely though as seems he's content to stay and get his 5 minute cameos at the minute.

Don't really see the fuss about Hudson Odoi although he is getting back from a serious injury which halted his progress when he was getting a regular game this time last year.

Schweigaard

Supports
Liverpool
Lallana? Seriously?

England play a different way to Liverpool, very arrogant to just throw comments out like "just do what we do"

Bit more complex than that, but the naivety and narrow mindedness of liverpool fans never fail to make me chuckle.

Henderson should play, more to do with the fact there a few better options rather than his brilliance.

England always looked better with a back 3 for me, but if Southgate goes with a 4-3-3 i'd say Henderson will likely start
England doesn't even have an established style though? They rarely have training sessions together. Having 5 Liverpool players play, who thoroughly know a succesful system, and can help their teammates adapt to it, probably isn't the worst idea. Lallana is the "weakness" of this plan, but if he's matchfit he's a very good player.

riis

Supports
Liverpool
If everyone's available;

Goalkeepers
Pickford
Henderson
Pope

Defenders
Alexander-Arnold
Walker
Chilwell
Rose
Maguire
Gomez
Stones
Mings

Midfielders
Henderson
Rice
Winks
Alli
Maddison
Oxlade-Chamberlain

Forwards
Kane
Rashford
Sterling
Sancho
Vardy
Abraham

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Goalkeepers
Henderson
Pope
Pickford

Defenders
Alexander-Arnold
Walker
Chilwell
Young (if somehow this guy set himself as regular player with Inter, I can see him getting pick, Rose barely even play for Spurs nowadays).
Maguire
Mings
Gomez
Stones

Midfielders
Henderson
Winks
Rice
Mount
Maddison
Grealish
Alli

Forwards
Sterling
Rashford
Sancho
Kane
Abraham

ForeverRed1

I was just thinking about this england squad, it’s never been better, surely we will be one of the better teams going into the tournament? On paper anyway.

Mcking

Not sure England's squad is as good as many make it out to be. They have got some good players, but they all play in the same positions.

Dozer

Pope
Henderson
Pickford

James
TAA

Maguire
Stones
Coady
Holding

Chilwell
Shaw

Rice
Henderson
Ward-Prowse
Mount

Grealish
Foden
Sterling
Sancho
Rashford
Saka

Kane
Calvert-Lewin

Trequarista10

1. Pope
2. Pickford
3. Henderson?

4. Alexander-Arnold
5. Walker/James

6. Chilwell
7. Shaw

8. Maguire
9. Gomez
10. Stones
11. Mings/Coady/Dier

12. Rice
13. Henderson
14. Phillips?

15. Mount
16. Foden

17. Sterling
18. Rashford
19. Sancho
20. Grealish
21. Saka

22. Kane
23. Abraham/Calvert-Lewin/Greenwood

Good attacking depth and multiple options at RB. Question marks over CBs and CMs - probably lack at least one more proper CM, all of Maddison/Grealish/Foden better higher up the pitch or out wide, Mount more versatile perhaps but not particularly exciting option.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Not sure England's squad is as good as many make it out to be. They have got some good players, but they all play in the same positions.
That is a huge improvement though compared to 5-10 years ago. Instead of struggling to think of who could replace Kane there would be a host of strikers to replace him like DCL, Ings, Greenwood, Abraham, Wilson etc.

Before if the main striker got injured he would be replaced by shite like Rickie Lambert. The same can be said for the fullback, AM and winger positions. Absolutely stacked for choice which is only a good thing and an improvement.

MongeySpangle

Supports
Manchester City
Goalkeepers
Nick Pope
Jordan Pickford
Dean Henderson

Defenders
Trent Alexander-Arnold
Kyle Walker
John Stones
Harry Maguire
Joe Gomez
Tyrone Mings
Luke Shaw
Ben Chilwell

Midfielders
Jordan Henderson
Declan Rice
James Ward-Prowse
Phil Foden
James Maddison
Jack Grealish

Forwards
Raheem Sterling
Jadon Sancho
Marcus Rashford
Harry Kane
Dominic Calvert-Lewin
Danny Ings

AgentSmith

Goalkeepers:

Pickford
Henderson
Pope

Defenders:

TAA
Trippier
Stones
Maguire
Coady
Mings
Shaw
Saka

Midfielders:

Rice
Henderson
Ward-Prowse
Grealish
Foden
Mount

Forwards:

Kane
Sterling
Sancho
Rashford
Calvert-Lewin
Ings

Pickford

TAA Stones Maguire Shaw

Henderson Rice

Sterling Foden Grealish

Kane

Bearded One

Starting 11 for me:

Pope
Alexander-Arnold Stones Maguire Shaw
Henderson
Maddison Grealish
Saka/Sancho Kane Sterling

Bearded One

Goalkeepers:

Pickford
Henderson
Pope

Defenders:

TAA
Trippier
Stones
Maguire
Coady
Mings
Shaw
Saka

Midfielders:

Rice
Henderson
Ward-Prowse
Grealish
Foden
Mount

Forwards:

Kane
Sterling
Sancho
Rashford
Calvert-Lewin
Ings

Pickford

TAA Stones Maguire Shaw

Henderson Rice

Sterling Foden Grealish

Kane
I think I prefer this one to mine

saivet

1. Pope
2. Pickford
3. Henderson?

4. Alexander-Arnold
5. Walker/James

6. Chilwell
7. Shaw

8. Maguire
9. Gomez
10. Stones
11. Mings/Coady/Dier

12. Rice
13. Henderson
14. Phillips?

15. Mount
16. Foden

17. Sterling
18. Rashford
19. Sancho
20. Grealish
21. Saka

22. Kane
23. Abraham/Calvert-Lewin/Greenwood

Good attacking depth and multiple options at RB. Question marks over CBs and CMs - probably lack at least one more proper CM, all of Maddison/Grealish/Foden better higher up the pitch or out wide, Mount more versatile perhaps but not particularly exciting option.
This is pretty much the squad I'd go with. I imagine DCL is comfortably leading the way for back up strikers. If Southgate is still playing 3 at the back I think he'll possibly pick another CB or make sure Walker and/or Shaw are in the squad as they can cover at RCB and LCB respectively.

AgentSmith

I think I prefer this one to mine
Only slot I’m unsure on is Ings given there’s only 3 options for the CM position while I have Kane, DCL and Ings and only one CF position.

Someone like Phillips might be a more sensible choice for better depth.

Bearded One

Only slot I’m unsure on is Ings given there’s only 3 options for the CM position while I have Kane, DCL and Ings and only one CF position.

Someone like Phillips might be a more sensible choice for better depth.
Bottom line is you guys have so much attacking talent, I hope it counts for you this time around.

Adamsk7

Glad people are finally putting Shaw in. Best Lb in the league for me this season.

AgentSmith

Bottom line is you guys have so much attacking talent, I hope it counts for you this time around.
It’s why the 3 at the back formation frustrates a lot of people.

Going with a system that limits the number of attackers we can play, when they’re our overwhelming strength, in favour of more defenders is a depressing choice.

There’s some logic to it given the weaknesses at CB but I’d rather just go for it.

Heardy

Surprised so few people are including Greenwood in their squad.

Edit - there’s is a lot of talent going forward though. Slimmer pickings at the back.

saivet

UEFA have confirmed an increase from 23 to 26 man squads. Assuming everyone is fit I'd go with the following squad, though there are quite a few positions I'm not sure one. The extra three players means that Southgate shouldn't be forced to drop out any significant names.

1. Pickford
2. Henderson
3. Pope

4. Walker
5. TAA
6. James

7. Maguire
8. Stones
9. Mings/Coady/Dier/Tomori/Keane?
10. Mings/Coady/Dier/Tomori/Keane?

11. Shaw
12. Chilwell

13. Henderson
14. Rice
15. Bellingham
16. JWP/Phillips?

17. Mount
18. Foden

19. Sterling
20. Sancho
21. Rashford
22. Grealish
23. Lingard/Saka?

24. Kane
25. DCL
26. Ings?

Classical Mechanic

Ollie Watkins might get in. Defence will be Dier and Mings. JWP/Philips/Bellingham is an interesting one. With injuries there could be some interesting selections in an expanded squad though.

lysglimt

Scout
I was just thinking about this england squad, it’s never been better, surely we will be one of the better teams going into the tournament? On paper anyway.
Con;
1. Keepers not good enough
2. Paper thin central defence
3. Central midfielders not good enough

Pro:
1. Full-backs
2. Attacking midfielders
3. Strikers

And yes the team you had around 2004 was on paper much better.

lysglimt

Scout
Ollie Watkins might get in. Defence will be Dier and Mings. JWP/Philips/Bellingham is an interesting one. With injuries there could be some interesting selections in an expanded squad though.
So many good attacking players and so many awful central defenders

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Goalkeepers
Henderson
Pope
Pickford

Defenders
Alexander-Arnold
Walker
Chilwell
Shaw
Maguire
Coady
Stones
Tomori
+Saka

Midfielders
Henderson
Phillips
Rice
Foden
Grealish
Lingard
Mount
+Bellingham

Forwards
Sterling
Rashford
Sancho
Kane
Calvert-Lewin
+Greenwood

MUFC OK

Southgate teamsheet red lines:

1. Majestic Mount
2. Ben 'Chilly' Chilwell
3. Declan Egg Fried Rice
4. Reece's Set Pieces James (why? why not?)
5. As many other Chelt-sea boys as possible
6. Players born south of the M25 unless absolutely unavoidable.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I have 22 as definites

GK: Pickford / Pope / Henderson (3)

LB: Shaw / Chilwell (2)

CB: Maguire / Stones / Cody / Mings (4)

RB: James / Walker (2)

CM: Rice / Phillips / Henderson (3)

AM: Mount / Grealish (2)

RW/LW: Sterling / Rashford / Foden / Sancho (4)

CF: Kane / DCL (2)

And I think the remaining four will be... Dier, Bellingham, Lingard and... Trippier?

So Saka, JWP and TAA miss out... I think... I don't know.

Remember the geese

Pickford
Henderson
Pope

Shaw
Chilwell
Walker
Wan Bissaka
Alexander-Arnold
Maguire
Stones
Konsa
Keane

Henderson
Rice
Phillips
Bellingham
Foden
Grealish
Mount

Kane
Watkins
Greenwood
Rashford
Sterling
Sancho
Saka

Really torn between James and Alexander-Arnold. Wouldn't argue either way. Trippier, Lingard and Calvert-Lewin can consider themselves unfortunate.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Think the extra three may see Greenwood sneak through the back door. Will also make a Maddison/Grealish decision easier, and will likely confirm Bellingham’s place in the squad.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Pickford
Henderson
Pope

Shaw
Chilwell
Walker
Wan Bissaka
Alexander-Arnold
Maguire
Stones
Konsa
Keane

Henderson
Rice
Phillips
Bellingham
Foden
Grealish
Mount

Kane
Watkins
Greenwood
Rashford
Sterling
Sancho
Saka

Really torn between James and Alexander-Arnold. Wouldn't argue either way. Trippier, Lingard and Calvert-Lewin can consider themselves unfortunate.
Assume this is what your squad would be and not what Gareth will likely pick?

saivet

Con;
1. Keepers not good enough
2. Paper thin central defence
3. Central midfielders not good enough

Pro:
1. Full-backs
2. Attacking midfielders
3. Strikers

And yes the team you had around 2004 was on paper much better.
Incredibly thin, longer term their is Gomez at least. Genuinely at a point where if Maguire or Stones get injured I'd have no issue moving to a back 3 and throwing one of, or both Walker and Shaw in at CB. The idea that we are one injury/suspension away from Mings, Coady or Dier starting is pretty worrying.