Your football moment of 2018...

onemanarmy

For me, Belgium - Japan on the World Cup. Minutes to go, 2-2 on the scoreboard and then THAT goal. Everything went exactly as it should in 14 seconds. Courtois to De Bruyne who runs with the ball, pass to Meunier, Lukaku who pulls away defenders and makes the perfect run, Chadli with the goal that will be remembered in Belgium for years to come.

We were all ecstatic. Good weather, huge celebrations and everyone was drunk. So beautiful.

They made this incredibly cheesy edit of it :lol: In Japan, they made a documentary about the goal, crazy.

All in all disappointed we didn't win it, but this goal, and the win against Brazil were epic.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool

Let's not talk about the other Real goals :lol: That's probably the best goal I've ever seen, given the occasion/scoreline.

vidic blood & sand

It was our comeback at the Etihad. All the fireworks were ready, party atmosphere at halftime, and the biggest brag fest being prepared. And we spoiled the lot.
Our comeback actually ruined the season for some bluemooners hahahaha Their moaning and criticism of pep was priceless.

Had to add this. Cheesy as feck with the music, but I did enjoy that day!

Last edited:

Classical Mechanic

Personally for me it was England winning that penalty shootout.

At club level Ole coming back and the club actually feeling like ‘United’ for the first time since Fergie left. The comeback at City was great but too bittersweet.

I have enjoyed Greenwood’s year the most out of any of our players.

Josep Dowling

I was in Lisbon on holiday for part of the World Cup. We went to the big screen in the city centre for England v Panama. The weather was perfect, England scored 6 in a World Cup, the beers were flowing, literally everyone was in a good mood and I was with 3 good friends. Don’t think you can ask for much more than that.

JamesB__

Supports
Stoke City
England winning the penalty shootout, followed by Portugal 3 - 3 Spain. Damn I miss the World Cup.

SER19

Turning it round against city. People forget how long that would have been talked about. They had their t shirts, their documentary crew, they were 2-0 up at half time, we were playing awful, then we battered them :lol: it was beautiful. They’d been talking about it for weeks :lol:

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Nothing stands out really. Ole winning his first 3 after sacking that dour twat Mourinho I suppose is funny.

The Bale goal in the CL was nice, but feck Real.

lysglimt

Scout
Im gonna go with Mourinho leaving, and then the glorious following 3 games. We're back baby!
Yeah - Mourinho leaving for me. Best moment I have felt since the Ferguson Days. In fact I was happier when Mourinho left, than I was when we beat Ajax.

red4ever 79

Karius vs Madrid. Croatia versus England, and Mourinho getting the bullet. In any order they were all perfect moments for me.

Ainu

For me, Belgium - Japan on the World Cup. Minutes to go, 2-2 on the scoreboard and then THAT goal. Everything went exactly as it should in 14 seconds. Courtois to De Bruyne who runs with the ball, pass to Meunier, Lukaku who pulls away defenders and makes the perfect run, Chadli with the goal that will be remembered in Belgium for years to come.

We were all ecstatic. Good weather, huge celebrations and everyone was drunk. So beautiful.

They made this incredibly cheesy edit of it :lol: In Japan, they made a documentary about the goal, crazy.

All in all disappointed we didn't win it, but this goal, and the win against Brazil were epic.
I'm going for De Bruyne's goal against Brazil. That was the first moment in my life I actually believe our national team could achieve something. Sadly it wasn't to be, but it was a brilliant moment and I must've watched it again dozens of times since. I probably went a bit more mental for the winner against Japan, and the scenes around me were exceptional to say the least (just loads and loads of people piling on top of each other, booze flying around everywhere, absolute mayhem). But the goal against Brazil was more significant.

lysglimt

Scout
I was in Lisbon on holiday for part of the World Cup. We went to the big screen in the city centre for England v Panama. The weather was perfect, England scored 6 in a World Cup, the beers were flowing, literally everyone was in a good mood and I was with 3 good friends. Don’t think you can ask for much more than that.
Were the friends female and good-looking ? :)

Robbo's Shoulder

Supports
United and Barrow AFC
Mourinho going
England reaching the semi final
Scousers losing the CL final
All stand out but the derby comeback tops the lot for me along with the Arsenal game at the Emirates. Those 2 games brought out the raw emotion that only football can give at times.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Portugal 3-3 Spain for me personally although after the Euros everything NT related feels like it's not really important.

Ronaldo's and Bale's bycicle kicks overall, doesn't get more iconic than that. Two stars, big stages and at huge moments of the game. That's two goals that in 100 years time every football fan will know about.

onemanarmy

I'm going for De Bruyne's goal against Brazil. That was the first moment in my life I actually believe our national team could achieve something. Sadly it wasn't to be, but it was a brilliant moment and I must've watched it again dozens of times since. I probably went a bit more mental for the winner against Japan, and the scenes around me were exceptional to say the least (just loads and loads of people piling on top of each other, booze flying around everywhere, absolute mayhem). But the goal against Brazil was more significant.
Ah yes, brilliant work by Lukaku too. He went past 2-3 Brazilians like they weren't there.. Japan and Brazil, I was really sick to the stomach during those games. It was a now or never feeling. It didn't work out, but at least we had those few games to remember.

The win against City is another one :lol:

Chipper

Adulterer.
The tail end of South Korea v Germany even though I've no vested interest in either team. The joy of the South Korea players winning that game even though they were already out was infectious and beautiful, man.

Tony Banta

Last Man Standing champion 2023/24
My football moment of 2018, was watching my 6 year old boy, play his first ever football match, for his local team.

For United, In a dull season, the comeback at City, briefly stopping the inevitable and beating Spurs in FA cup semi, were both, sweet moments.

Reactions: SteveJ

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
For teams I support

1. England penalty shootout win
2. Jose sacking
3. 3-2 vs City

For other football:

1. Spain 3 - 3 Portugal
2. The end of South Korea vs. Germany
3. Bale's goal in the CL final

Eric Dier penalty in the WC shootout, Harry Maguire in the WC and Jose getting sacked!

All three were sensational moments.

Guoan

Supports
Beijing Guoan
1. England winning that shootout and then the match against Sweden. The absolute scenes across England were amazing.
2. Destroying Spain in the first half in Spain.
3. United spoiling the Etihad party.
4. Beijing Guoan winning the Chinese FA Cup and qualifying for the Asian Champions League. Looking forward to the away trips!

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Etihad for me. The newspapers were already writing our obituaries.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
It was our comeback at the Etihad. All the fireworks were ready, party atmosphere at halftime, and the biggest brag fest being prepared. And we spoiled the lot.
Our comeback actually ruined the season for some bluemooners hahahaha Their moaning and criticism of pep was priceless.

Had to add this. Cheesy as feck with the music, but I did enjoy that day!

The state of Ricky Hatton.

DavidDeSchmikes

Man City 2-3 Man United!! This game was set up for the newspapers and media with the perfect narrative. Manchester City, beacons of good and fair play, mes que un club, great youth academy managed by Humble kind Pep versus Crisis Club Manchester United, with their billion pound team (Pogba=£89million+100million addons) and Alexis Sanchez (earning £1 million every 10 minutes), with poor Marcus Rashford having his career ruined, managed by literally footballing evil David Moyes Jose Mourinho. And here was the chance for City to win the league against their local rivals in front of their adoring fan(s). The narrative was set, the scene was set, Sky 'The Brand' Sports was set, soundbites was prepared, the party atmosphere was set, journalists readied to be bapitised in the glory of this title win.....
City should have had the game sown up by halftime, they were 2-0 up, should of had more, and we were second best. Then out of nowhere we get 3 goals in 16 minutes turn the game around. The title party is ruined, the narrative spoiled, soundbites wasted, 'Brand' Sky don't get their story, City fans crying, and Henry praising Pogba (only to be shouted at be an angry Souness)
:devil:

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Man City 2-3 Man United!! This game was set up for the newspapers and media with the perfect narrative. Manchester City, beacons of good and fair play, mes que un club, great youth academy managed by Humble kind Pep versus Crisis Club Manchester United, with their billion pound team (Pogba=£89million+100million addons) and Alexis Sanchez (earning £1 million every 10 minutes), with poor Marcus Rashford having his career ruined, managed by literally footballing evil David Moyes Jose Mourinho. And here was the chance for City to win the league against their local rivals in front of their adoring fan(s). The narrative was set, the scene was set, Sky 'The Brand' Sports was set, soundbites was prepared, the party atmosphere was set, journalists readied to be bapitised in the glory of this title win.....
City should have had the game sown up by halftime, they were 2-0 up, should of had more, and we were second best. Then out of nowhere we get 3 goals in 16 minutes turn the game around. The title party is ruined, the narrative spoiled, soundbites wasted, 'Brand' Sky don't get their story, City fans crying, and Henry praising Pogba (only to be shouted at be an angry Souness)
:devil:
When you put it that way...

IAmAWinner

1) Win against Man City
2) Mourinho gone
3) Although it hasn't worked out so far, the signing of Sanchez. I was extremely happy when he signed, so hopefully he enjoys a rejuvenation under Ole.