Your football moment of 2018...

Hanks

Very easy that one.

When Boudabouz of Morocco scored an own goal vs. Iran in Zenit Arena in St. Petersburg in 95th minute.

Just pure chaos, raw emotions, history (only second ever Iran win at a WC) and stadium of over 60,000 erupted...everyone jumping and hugging each other as the mostly classy Moroccans stayed on and congratulated us.

Reactions: Invictus

the_irish123

Was a really shit year. I’ll go with the Maradona shit show in the world cup. Or that dog saving a goal.

GeorgieBoy

England's World Cup run by a distance. In particular the penalty shoot-out win vs. Colombia.

I also enjoyed how wonderfully the CL final turned out.

lsd

The Oracle
Croatia beating England

Jose sacked

Ole returning and Bringing back Utd with him

Real beating Liverpool

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
Karius in the CL final was just nuts. :lol:
That performance will be talked about for decades to come. Absolutely bizarre, I’ve never seen anything like that on such a big stage.

Alexit

Jose getting the sack and fans getting their beloved United back! :devil:

Dante

Average bang
Rashford's dribble for Pogba's goal yesterday.

Unlike the 12 months that preceded it, I honestly think that moment will stay with me for years.

Not only did it announce Ole (one of my childhood heroes) as the man trying to return the club to the Fergie glory days of playing with freedom (a striker on the wing and a midfielder bombing into the box), it also announced Rashford as a potential worldie CF. Until that moment, I never quite believed he could make it as one of the very best. Now I think he might. He demonstrated a bit of everything in that move.

Before anyone says anything, I know I'm being premature. But even if everything goes sour from now on, I'll still remember it like I remember the Macheda goal - a moment of rekindled belief and optimism for the future.

United will always come first and no other United moment gave me so much joy. By contrast, the Jose sacking was relief more than anything.

buckooo1978

Mourinho being sacked put a smile on my face for days

just feeling annoyed now we left it so long

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF
2018 has been a mixed bag at best.

Other than Barça winning the League undefeated (but still losing a match, screwing a historical chance), Madrid won the ChL once again (yuck), another League by Juve (yuck), another League by Bayern (yuck), another League by PSG (yuck), a glorious season by City (yuck)...

Tiber

Waking up, looking at my phone and finding out that Mourinho had be fired was a fantastic surprise

Says a lot that this is a highlight

Last edited:

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Pogba's pass to set up the move he finished against Croatia.

He is so good and it's crazy people dont look past the hair and dancing.

padr81

Supports
Man City
With regards the 3-2 at the Etihad - I remember a time when our occasional wins against our cross city rivals was the highlight of my year so kudos to you guys, its good for you to finally get that feeling.
I'm just messing.. have a good new year guys

Its an obvious one but for me I'm half way to being hammered so I'm not even sorry.

Walters_19_MuFc

Was out of England winning the shootout or United coming back to win at the Etihad.

Have to go with the come back.

Would have been a very painful experience for City to win the title against us. People be talking about it for years.

As it was, we ended up winning in such great fashion and not only did it mean they weren't able to lift the title, it was also their first loss at home that season.

Reddy Rederson

It was our comeback at the Etihad. All the fireworks were ready, party atmosphere at halftime, and the biggest brag fest being prepared. And we spoiled the lot.
Our comeback actually ruined the season for some bluemooners hahahaha Their moaning and criticism of pep was priceless.

Had to add this. Cheesy as feck with the music, but I did enjoy that day!

It was this for me as well. fecking brilliant pissing all over their gloating. I also enjoyed that video, cheesy music and all. Not enough salty blue tears though :lol:

Web of Bissaka

Best moment to less best moments.
  1. :devil:Return of United's Football, sexy football, finally! It's back! after oh so many painful years and years. 3 games so far, likely to continue.
  2. 2Olegend is back! as the manager to boot, bringing along Phelan, the bench feels like United again.
  3. Pogba's double and Smalling's winning goal -- :devil:Comeback winning 3 vs 2 M$hitty, spoiling their shit no class party, at Emptihad to boot, bwahaha.
  4. Rashford>TAA, McT>AOC, Young pocketing Salah, Valencia>Mane, and Bailly>Firmino, :devil:Dominating win 2 vs 1 overrated Liverpool. We even scored for them one goal by Bailly, and Darmian is perfect and flawless in this game.
  5. Tales of the Legendary Karius.
  6. McTominic dominating midfield, while Lukaku and Lingard sinking goals, Comeback winning 2 vs 1 Chelsea.
  7. Shaw and Lindelof finally picking up their good forms this season.
  8. Dalot the promising RB signed, and Andreas Pereira finally joined the squad properly.
  9. End of Jose the boring-annoying version of Mourinho, he stayed for far too long.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Not so much my favourite moments but more kinda memorable ones...

Club football

- Man City getting 100 points and setting other records. We'll probably never see those records broken.
- Ronaldo's goal v Juventus.
- Bale's goal v Liverpool.
- Modric breaking the Ronaldo-Messi monopoly by winning the Ballon D'or.
- Bye Bye Wenger.

International football

- England's run to the semi-finals. I'd never thought I would see them reaching a semi-final let alone win a penalty shootout.
- France 4-3 Argentina
- Belgium 3-2 Japan
- Spain 3-3 Portugal

St Red

KRAP
1. England thinking they might win the World Cup.
2. England realising they weren't going to win the World Cup.
3. United thinking "they're back"

:D

Kharhaz

Supports
Liverpool
Karius vs Real Madrid
I agree with this. It pointed out in the most obvious way to Klopp where we desperately needed to improve, had we won that final, that could have turned out to be one of the worst things to happen to us. Karius would still be here, Alisson wouldnt even be on the radar, and our defence would have leaked 30+ goals setting us for an even longer wait to challenge for the league.

Not only that, I think the way it happened after the match ended, when the madrid players consoled him and the liverpool players didnt, spoke volumes to how pissed they were.

Guoan

Supports
Beijing Guoan
Says a lot that for many England losing to Croatia was one of their favourite football moments of the year. England are of course hated and adored but never ignored.

Real Madras

Supports
Real Oviedo
It was our comeback at the Etihad. All the fireworks were ready, party atmosphere at halftime, and the biggest brag fest being prepared. And we spoiled the lot.
Our comeback actually ruined the season for some bluemooners hahahaha Their moaning and criticism of pep was priceless.

Had to add this. Cheesy as feck with the music, but I did enjoy that day!

I absolutely loved this!!!

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Mbappé turning argentina into salt

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln
Germany getting knocked out in group stages for the first time in WC history. Not a good moment though.

Overall a really depressing year.

Kag

World Cup run.

England was a genuinely happier place for a few weeks. Drinking in the big square on a Sunday (with work the next day) watching England smash six past Panama while getting the worst sun burn imaginable was a particular highlight. Buying a pint just to launch it over somebody’s head and absolutely justifying the expenditure.

Then the shootout (and more beers). On a work night, which I never do. In the midst of the sorry shit we’ve had to endure at club level, the World Cup reminded me that I actually quite liked football.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Seeing Germany for the first time I can remember being knocked out at the group stages of the WC is something I didn’t predicted at all .

Scarlet_Emperor

Supports
CR Flamengo
I got flabbergasted how many people insist on highlighting some forgettable Manchester United's moments (poor year for this team, let's face it) instead of bringing up something more relevant for the football in general. Although it happened out of field, I'd say Maradona's reaction during that thrilling Argentina x Nigeria match was probably the most remarkable moment related to football that year. It was epic to witness the personification of Argentinian football quivering in delirium surrounded by his loyal fans. It sticks to my mind the moment when a beam of sunlight shone him when he looked like praying to the heaven because of Argentina's ressurection in the group stage.

Cristiano Ronaldo's amazing bicycle kick against Juventus and being applauded by Juventus's supporters also deserves a honourable mention here.

robinamicrowave

Wanted to be bran, ended up being littlefinger
Supports
Man City
1. The Jesus winner vs. Southampton to get 100 points
2. Kompany's goal in the League Cup final vs. Arsenal
3. Jay Rodriguez's goal against United to give us the title