Your ideal 11 - 2018/19 and outs (being realistic)

YouOnlyLiveTwice

We will probably sign Jorginho and Fred for the midfield. Sandro or Tierney for LB. Sidibe or Meunier for RB.

If we sell Martial, i could see a RW coming in.

CB i’m not sure. We already have 6 options for that position.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
De Gea

Odriozola/Valencia, Bailly, Jones, Alex Sandro

Kovacic/Jorginho, Matic, Pogba

Lingard

Lukaku, Alexis

Subs: Romero, Smalling, Rojo, Lindelof, Valencia/Odriozola, Young, Herrera, McTominay, Mata, Rashford, Martial

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
I'll try to be as realistic as the OP:
1st XI​
De Gea
Carvajal - Boateng - Hummels - Sandro
Kante
KdB - Kroos
Messi - Lewandowski - Ronaldo

2nd XI
Neuer
Kimmich - Varane - Umtiti - Marcelo
Veratti
Isco - Pjanic
Mbappe - Dybala - Neymar
I'd say that's achievable with about 20 million rupis.

Swift Football

Ins: Isco (£120m), Alex Sandro (£45m), Tierney (£20m), Alderwireld (£40m), Meunier (£30m-guess)/Ricardo Pereira (no idea, doubt Porto would ask for more than £35m)
Total spend: £255m
Outs: Jones (£30m), Blind (£25m), Valencia (£5m?), Darmian (£15m), Carrick, Fellaini (£25m), Shaw (£35m) (if we get both Sandro and Tierney)
Total sales: £135m

Net spend: £120m

Not sure what Isco's situation is at Real at the moment (saw City linked to him not too long ago) but if he isn't 100% happy there, he'd be a great signing. PSG may be looking to sell to avoid FFP issues, so that gives me hope with Meunier. Not sure what to do regarding Shaw. If his fitness really is an issue, I'd rather we cut ties. Jones should go because of his injuries and I'd rather we used TFM as a backup than Valencia next season. His age and that knee injury really seem to have affected him lately.

---------------------Martial----Lukaku
----------------------------Sanchez
-------------------Pogba-------------Isco
------------------------------Matic
----Sandro---Alderwireld--Bailly--Meunier
-----------------------------De Gea

This formation probably suits our players best and would save us from having to buy a RW. With top class full-backs we could finally make it work. Would also stop Martial and Rashford from worrying about game time at striker.

That would leave us with a squad like this:

ST: Lukaku, Martial, Rashford, Sanchez
SS: Martial, Rashford, Sanchez
Trequartista: Sanchez, Lingard, Mata
CM: Pogba, Isco, Pereira, Herrera, McTominay
DM: Matic, Herrera, TFM (maybe)
LB: Alex Sandro, Tierney, Young
RB: Meunier/RP, TFM, Young
CB: Alderwireld, Bailly, Smalling, Rojo, Lindelöf
GK: De Gea, Romero, Pereira

Martial and Rashford could rotate (as they did pre-january) in the SS role, with Lingard or Mata coming in for Sanchez behind the strikers when needed. Ideally Lukaku would also rotate every now and then, but it's unlikely right now.
We dont play diamond. Not having any Width has been one of our biggest issues and diamond is not going to solve it.

Fellaini's contract is ending, so we wont get anything for him. Jones - 30M, Blind - 25M, Shaw - 35M, Darmian - 15M never going to happen. In fact, we will not get even half of what you mentioned.
Sandro _ Juve will not sell him for anything less than 55-60M.

Flytan

Do you actually think it's unrealistic for us to sign Bale? Literally makes perfect sense. Right winger with game winning ability. Only downside is staying healthy, which do you honestly think we favor since we've had our fair share of injury prone players?

EDIT:

Outs: Shaw (25M), Blind(15M), Darmian(15M), Romero(Free right?), Martial(50M), Fellaini(Free)

Ins: Sandro (60M), Fabinho (30M), Fred(35M), Umtiti (60M), Bale(50M)

Silas

We dont play diamond. Not having any Width has been one of our biggest issues and diamond is not going to solve it.
That's the whole point in signing full-backs.

Fellaini's contract is ending, so we wont get anything for him. Jones - 30M, Blind - 25M, Shaw - 35M, Darmian - 15M never going to happen. In fact, we will not get even half of what you mentioned.
Sandro _ Juve will not sell him for anything less than 55-60M.
Have we already activated the extra year on his contract? If we have, my bad. Have you been keeping up with the market lately? I've seen plenty of average players get sold for decent prices. Hell, we sold Schneiderlin for something like £25m last season without him looking good for us at all and Depay (a flop) was sold for £16m rising up to £22m. Shaw's shown huge potential in the past and is still only 22. I have no doubts we could get a good price for him. Blind too, has proven to be a good, multi-functional player, so £25m sounds about right when Lindelöf is valued at £35m. Darmian would easily go for £15m to a team in Italy like Juve. Keep in mind that he actually looked pretty good back in Italy, so is just better suited to their football. Feck knows how you don't think Jones can go for near £30m. When VVD's going for £75m, that's a fair price, injuries considered.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Out
  • Carrick - £0m
  • Fellaini - £0m
  • Darmian - £10m
  • Blind (though I wouldve used him as a squad member) - £15m
  • Rojo (adds numbers to the squad but not that great and always injured too) - £15m
  • Mata (can have good games but I'd rather sell and replace with more quality) - £15m
  • Shaw - £25m
  • Martial (dont want it to, but probably) - £60m
Total: £140m
In:
  • Tierney
  • Sessegnon
  • Jorginho
  • Kovacic
  • Bailey (if martial leaves)
  • Umtiti
  • Right back???
Lineup:
De Gea
???? Bailly Umtiti Tierney
Jorginho Matic Pogba
Bailey Lukaku Sanchez

Romero
Valencia Smalling Jones Young
Kovacic Herrera
Gomes/Chong Lingard Sessegnon
Rashford
Obviously this many changes is unrealistic, but something along these lines. 2 midfielders a must, better on the ball center back, new full backs and with Martial probably out, new promising wide player who can play on the right.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
I keep seeing people suggesting that they want us to sell Jones and Smalling? I don't get it? These are the type of players that you need. Players who play for the name on the front of the shirt, not the name on the back of it. There's no way that either of them are being sold and I think Jose gets that too. Unfortunately Shaw and Martial will most likely be sold as the first hasn't made the cut, and the second doesn't seem to be in Mourinho's plans, which is a shame as he will turn into a world class player. The others on their way out will most likely be Blind, Darmien, Carrick (retirement), and Pereirra. If it were up to me I would also sell Rojo and Mata (as much as I like Mata) while they still have some value in the market. And if we are looking for a centre half, then my first target would be Tarkowski. He's at a good age and a local lad. He could be here for years to come. I also like the looks of the FB from Celtic. I hate this "fantasy football" that we seem to be playing the past few years where we just try and buy all the best ready made players from all over the world. Let's get back to our roots or blooding in youngsters and only buying ready made players once in a while...

Tony Banta

Last Man Standing champion 2023/24
The op wants to spend £300m and continue to play Valencia at RB?

What’s with these ‘realistic’ line ups playing potential new signings out of position?

I’d say, realistically we can expect up to 4 signings, probably a maximum of 3 straight into the starting XI.

Flytan

The op wants to spend £300m and continue to play Valencia at RB?

What’s with these ‘realistic’ line ups playing potential new signings out of position?

I’d say, realistically we can expect up to 4 signings, probably a maximum of 3 straight into the starting XI.
Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if we're stuck with starting Valencia next season. If Fellaini does leave Jose himself said we'd need two MFs. LB is a far more important need. If Martial wants to leave we of course would need to replace at attacker (pref a RW). I think Jose would be okay with Valencia/TFM going into RB next season with Lindelof etc. being able to cover if necessary.

Tony Banta

Last Man Standing champion 2023/24
Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if we're stuck with starting Valencia next season. If Fellaini does leave Jose himself said we'd need two MFs. LB is a far more important need. If Martial wants to leave we of course would need to replace at attacker (pref a RW). I think Jose would be okay with Valencia/TFM going into RB next season with Lindelof etc. being able to cover if necessary.
It wouldn’t surprise me either, but I’d like to think, this won’t be the case.

I tend to think Scott McTominay has already taken Carricks place in the squad, so only Fellaini would need replacing imo. Leaving us with Pogba,Matic,Herrera,McTominay plus 1. Maybe little short?

Yes if Martial leaves, ideally we’ll bring in RW. Even he doesn’t, the RW situation needs addressing.

SpyLuke10

Out:

- Darmian.
- Blind.
- Shaw.
- Carrick (retiring).
- Jones.
- Andreas Pereira.

In:

- Fabinho.
- Milinkovic-Savic.
- Umtiti.
- Sandro

Starting XI:

De Gea

Valencia Bailly Umtiti Sandro

Matic/Fabinho
Milinkovic-Savic Pogba

Sanchez Martial
Lukaku

- Bring back Fosu-Mensah as backup right back.
- Loan Tuanzebe again.

trafford1980

Some folks here need to brush up on their vocabulary...
Never truer words spoken.

Only onto the second page and we're realistically signing the following.

Alderweireld, Meunier, Sandro, Ruben Neves, Verrati/Kroos, Bale and David Neres..

Carvajal, Varane, Sandro, Savic, L.Cook, Griezmann, Dybala and Zaha..

We'll sign one or two fullbacks, and one or two centre-mids. One or two "franchise" nailed-on starters, one or two projects.

Attacker will come in if Martial leaves.

Five in tops, and that's if all of Blind, Darmian, Fellaini, Martial, & Shaw leave + Jose doesn't recall Fosu Mensah, Pereira or Tuanzebe.

automaticflare

First team:
De Gea
Carvajal - Umtiti - Alderweireld - Sandro
Matic
Verratti - Pogba
Asensio - Dybala - Alexis​

Second team:
Romero
Valencia - Jones - Bailly - Sessegnon
Herrera
Isco - Saul
Lingard - Lukaku - Martial​

Reserves: J.Pereira, Rojo, McTominay, Pereira, Rashford

I reckon this is all we need to challenge for the double next season.

Get rid: Smalling (£30m), Lindelof (£20m), Shaw (£20m), Blind (£10m), Darmian (£10m), Mata (£15m), Young (£15m), Fellaini (a Wrigley's Extra 3-pack).

I’ll have whatever you are smoking mate

SpyLuke10

Anyone who thinks they are "being realistic" and has more than 6 outs and more than 4 ins (excluding returning loaned players), is not "being realistic".

Definitely leaving: Carrick (retirement), Blind, Darmian, Shaw.

Maybe leaving: Fellaini, Jones.

Please stay!!! - Martial.

automaticflare

I think we sign 4 players, 5 if martial goes

I don’t think we will sign a right back

1 left back, who I think will Be tierney from celtic
1 center back who I think will be Alderweireld
2 midfielders. Neves I think will be one and as yet unsure who else. Honestly profile of player we are trying to replace in carrick leads me to have a suspicion on Pjanic from Juve

On the way out I think we will see

Romero
Darmian
Blind
Shaw
Rojo
Fellaini
carrick
Pereria

So that leaves us with something along the lines of

—————————DDG—————————
———————— (pereria)———————-
Valencia — bailly — Alderweireld - tierney
Lindelof— Smalling - Jones———— young
———————— matic—————————-
———————— herrera————————-
—————pjanic—————pogba————-
————— Neves——-mctominy————-
Lingard———————————-—-Sanchez
Mata————————-—————-rashford
—————————lukaku————————
—————————martial————————

Younger players like
Gomes TFM filling some squad spaces

I think this is the way we will go, not that I agree with it. Still think right side can improve but Jose loves the work rate from Jesse and Valencia they are his type of player

#CR7

Out

Carrick
Fellaini
Darmian
Blind
Rojo
Shaw
Pereira
Mata
Martial

In

Alderweirld
Meunier
Tierney
Doucoure
Eriksen
Willian

——————-De gea———————
Meunier Bailly Alderweirld Tierney
—————-—-Matic———————
——-Eriksen ——-—-Pogba———
Lingard—--—Lukaku——--Sanchez

Subs
Romero
Smalling
Young
Herrera
Doucoure
Willian
Rashford

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
True. But one thing we do know for certain is that we are in the market to sign a replacement for Carrick and also Fellaini if he leaves. Everything else at this point like you said is hypothetical. The positions we need to strengthen are very clear but I suspect it'll be the usual 3 options for each position and Ed will try to get the first option from the list Mourinho will give him.
Yeah completely agree. We need two midfielders regardless because we lack quality and depth even if Fellaini stays which he probably won’t.

Love muppet season but I’ve given up trying to wish targets on us, will just take it as they come then get on board from there.

redIndianDevil

Ins: Fred, Rose and Fabinho(for RB)
Outs: Darmian, Blind, Rojo, Shaw, Martial, Carrick, Fellaini.

SER19

De gea

Valencia
Bailly
Alderweirld
Tierney

Kroos
Matic
Pogba

Sanchez
Lukaku
Martial

I don't think we need huge overhaul. We should do all we can to get the players we need not just the best available. In an ideal world martial will step up and he and Sanchez can make it work but if not I expect martial will leave and we would need some genuine width ideally one who can play left and right

Parry Gallister

The squad with some fringe players gone, new fullbacks challenging the old boys, a new midfielder or two to replace Carrick good enough to challenge the existing lads and a proper wide-right player. Don't all have to be bought in, some can be promotions or reassignments but that's what we need, fullbacks first.

diarm

De Gea, Romero, Pereira
Meunier, Valencia
Sessegnon, Young, Mitchell
Bailly, Jones, Fosu-Mensah
Alderweireld, Smalling, Lindelof
Matic, Herrera
Neves, McTominay
Pogba, Pereira
Sanchez, Rashford, Chong
Willian, Lingard, Gomes
Lukaku, Martial

In: Meunier, Sessegnon, Alderweireld, Neves, Willian
Out: Darmian, Shaw, Blind, Rojo, Carrick, Fellaini, Mata

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
In: Sandro, Sessegnon, Alderweireld, Neves, Jorginho

Out: Darmian, Jones, Rojo, Blind, Shaw, Carrick, Fellaini,

Promoted: Fosu Mensah, Tuanzebe, Pereira, Chong, Gomes,

A team:
de gea - Fosu Mensah Alderwereld Bailly Sandro - Neves Matic Pogba - Alexis Lukaku Martial

B Team:
Romero - Valencia/Tuanzebe Smalling Lindeloff Ssesegnon/Young- Herrera Jorginho Pereira/Mc Tominay - Mata/Chong Rashford Lingard/Gomes

Last edited:

Danish Wizard

Realistic: We will start the season with this
De Gea
Valencia - Lindelöf - Smalling - Young
Herrera - McTominay - Mata
Lingard - Lukaku - Alexis

And we will have Rojo, Jones, Kroos, Bale, Sandro, Willian, Umtiti, Neves, Müller, Tuanzebe out with injuries ;)

Gopher Brown

fecking hell, this thread. Using the word ‘realistic’ then suggesting we sell 12 players and then buying 5!

Hating Lukaku!? The man has scored 27 goals this season!

Why is it in threads like this people always want to sell half the squad and not replace them? Think about how we’re going to challenge for 4 trophies with a squad of 18!

automaticflare

fecking hell, this thread. Using the word ‘realistic’ then suggesting we sell 12 players and then buying 5!

Hating Lukaku!? The man has scored 27 goals this season!

Why is it in threads like this people always want to sell half the squad and not replace them? Think about how we’re going to challenge for 4 trophies with a squad of 18!
People are idiots

NotATroll

I can't wait till I get full membership so I can make threads like this.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Gk: ddg, romero

Rb: meunier, valencia
Lb: tierney, shaw, young
Cb: bailly, jones, smalling, lindelof,koulibaly

Dm: matic, dier
B2b: herrera, neves
Mc: pogba, mctominay, periera

Rw: dembele/thuavin, lingard
LW: sanchez, martial

Stk: lukaku, rashford

Last edited:

aelharras

As realistic as it gets

RB

Out: Darmian. In: Meunier

CB
Out: Rojo. In: none (Maybe Alderweireld)

LB
Out: Blind, Shaw(?). In: Tierney(?)

CM
Out: Fellaini, Carrick. In: Sergej Milinkovic-Savic

Wing
Out: Martial(?), Mata(?). In: probably none

Gopher Brown

Oh lads, prepare yourselves for some disappointment this summer.

I think we’ll sign 2 fullbacks and 2 midfielders and that’s it. Who they are, no idea.

Water Melon

I believe we will sign 2 full-backs, 1 CB and 1 midfielder. Blind will leave, Fellaini too, brilliant Carrick retire. Andreas Pereira will come back imo. IF we sign not attackers, Martial will stay. Jose already hinted at the fact that transfers will depend on the "evolution of young players" that he has at his disposal.

Ephrem

Personally I believe we will sign two players or three players maximum depends on who all will leave.

Out For Sure : Carrick (retiring), Darmian,Blind,Fellaini,Rojo.
Players that might leave: Shaw,Martial,Mata,Romero

Ideally I want us to bring a LB and a CM as top priority. Then depending on who is going to leave we might sign one more player.

My Picks will be: Sandro/Tierney for LB position
Kovacic/Neves for CM Position
If Martial or Mata leave then I think we will get an attacker or else no one !
De Gea
Valencia Bailly Jones Sandro
Neves Matic Pogba
Sanchez
Lukaku Lingard/Martial

Sub: J.Pereira,A.Pereira,Herrera,Young,Rashford,Martial,Mata

Young will be the backup to RB and LB Positions especially if we decide to send TFM on loan again OR TFM will be the backup to RB as well as 5th choice CB.
Ander Herrera,Pereira and Mctominay will be CM backup options
Lingard,Martial,Mata and Rashford will be rotated for the attacking options

Decomposing In Paris

We currently have a squad, that despite suffering quite a few injuries, has beaten everyone in the league this season & finished 2nd to a team that's probably going to finish with the record number of points. We don't need to gut this squad, they've been inconsistent at times, but I've seen a lot of fight.

Outs:
Carrick - retiring
Fellaini - should go
Darmien - never fulfilled his potential
Blind - deserves to play more, but won't here

Ins:
Pereira - back with experience
Tierney - he's got the character of a leader & a winner.
Jorginho - classy midfielder
Chong - promoted
Munier - experienced fullback

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
He played there for a few games at the start of the season but is a waste to play him there as he's very much a left winger and has been for most of this year.
Oh yeah, I know, my mates a Fulham season ticket holder, so was there earlier in the season. It was very obvious how suspect defensively he was, but amazing going forward. Most fans were telling me how he wasn't a LB, early in the season.