Your preference for the next Manager?

Who is your choice to replace Ferguson as manager?

• Mourinho

Votes: 211 44.8%
  • Moyes

Votes: 59 12.5%
  • Klopp

Votes: 133 28.2%
  • Ole

Votes: 26 5.5%
  • Cantona

Votes: 5 1.1%
  • Benitez

Votes: 10 2.1%
  • Wenger

Votes: 5 1.1%
  • Laudrup

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Pep

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • Carlos Q

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Someone else

Votes: 11 2.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Have been saying this for so long. With Pep/Ancelotti/Mourinho/Klopp unavailable he is the best choice right there. I am not saying that he will guarantee success, but he is a terrific coach and we would be playing very well.
I'd go for van Gaal, if you want to change the style of the club. He's mad enough, won't stay too long, but I think he's better at changing the basic structure of the club towards a modern approach. Bielsa is certainly more entertaining as a character and even more extreme in his views on the game, but I don't think that could ever work at the top level in club football. And van Gaal actually wants to manage a club in England, is available after the summer and played a part in Barca's and Bayern's development towards their treble winning teams.

Comsmit

I'd go for van Gaal, if you want to change the style of the club. He's mad enough, won't stay too long, but I think he's better at changing the basic structure of the club towards a modern approach. Bielsa is certainly more entertaining as a character and even more extreme in his views on the game, but I don't think that could ever work at the top level in club football. And van Gaal actually wants to manage a club in England, is available after the summer and played a part in Barca's and Bayern's development towards their treble winning teams.
Good shout, underrated manager in my view. Didn't Van Gaal bring 4-2-3-1 to Bayern?

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Good shout, underrated manager in my view. Didn't Van Gaal bring 4-2-3-1 to Bayern?
Yes, but more importantly he teached all our players individual and tactical basics, that were clearly missing before. We all of a sudden started to move without the ball, tried to form triangles and pass forward and basically all players improved significantly on the ball as well. Van Gaal is still a massive idiot though, you need to find the next manager within 2 or 3 years, but it might be worth it longterm, if the club really wants that kind of change. He's definitely brilliant in building a foundation you can further improve on later and at Bayern he added a CL final in his first season after years of being average in Europe.

Comsmit

I felt all along that United needed someone with fresh ideas and an ability to bring a different approach to how we play football. In essence allow the players to improve technically and tactically in order to evolve with the modern game, whilst also retaining the ability to mix it up when the situation requires. Players and teams need to have variety in their play and approach.....something United just don't possess right now.

Perhaps a reassessment is required. If Van Gaal (hypothetically) came in and gave us 3 years in which he freshens up the club and tweaks the approach, perhaps it lays the groundwork for progression in the future. It worked and is working for Bayern obviously, but United have to want that first.

Bojan11

I said Van Gaal or Hitzfeld.

We need a manager who are capable of changing our style of play. Implement a new system and overhaul the squad. As we need to get rid of a lot of average. Van Gaal also is a manager who also looks to youth.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
I said Van Gaal or Hitzfeld.

We need a manager who are capable of changing our style of play. Implement a new system and overhaul the squad. As we need to get rid of a lot of average. Van Gaal also is a manager who also looks to youth.
That's not Hitzfeld though. Hitzfeld is a manager who is truely great at using a squad to the best of their abilities, he's not one who really develops anything. The few Swiss football fans I know aren't really happy with him as the manager of the nationalteam though, not sure if he really adapted to the changes in the game in the last years and as far as I know, he never wants to manage a club again anyway, I think he'll retire for good after the worldcup.

Ringo 07

Laudrup...a class up and coming manager that plays the right way.....I Martinez is good enough for a big club now despite being relagated last season than surely Laudrup is ready for a big move soon also

Revan

Assumptionman
Yep. Bielsa is a more retarded, extreme, entertaining version of Van Gaal (and less succesful for the same reasons). Would be happy with any of them. Even if they don't win anything, they'll build a good infrastructure for the next manager to shine.

Adebesi

Let's have a definitive poll on what people want right now first:

1. Moyes out
2. Give him till the summer - CL qualification or out
3. Give him till December regardless of this season
4. Give him 2 full seasons regardless of results
5. Give him 3 full seasons regardless of results
6. Honour the contract

I tend to not like polls like this much because I am an awkward fecker and my response is usually more nuanced (long winded) than any of the given answers. In this case I would be 3.5, or between 3 and 4, depending on circumstances. BUT, I think this poll is needed to be honest, given the intensity of the debate around this it would be good to see the level of support for each camp quantified.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
It matters because the club wont want to get it wrong twice, Moyes was seen as the right man cause SAF knew his management style, background and character well, thats not to say our next manager is gonna be Big Sam or Curbishly..but definetly somebody he knows as oppose to Simeone, Klopp or Garcia
It's irrelevant as far as I'm concern. You meet the man, understand his ideas, judge him thoroughly and hire him. It really shouldn't matter whether he manages in Germany, Spain or England, or what his nationality is.

Otherwise we might just look at the premier league only to strengthen our midfield in which case well always be lagging.

Red Stone

Rags Absolutely Can't Instigate Sacking Moyes is an acronym that they'd love over at Anfield.

rednev

There is non worthy of worship except God
Some bloke on 5Live just suggested Steve Bruce. Christ.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
That's the only way I'd want him at the club.
Why? He's clearly a manager capable of playing entertaining, exciting, title-winning football and playing that way against the very best teams in Europe. Surely that's enough on its own?! Or have I missed some sarcasm? He's the pick of the bunch but probably the most unattainable along with Guardiola and Wenger.

newseasonticket

Would love to get cozy inside Wayne Bridge's pocke
Why? He's clearly a manager capable of playing entertaining, exciting, title-winning football and playing that way against the very best teams in Europe. Surely that's enough on its own?! Or have I missed some sarcasm? He's the pick of the bunch but probably the most unattainable along with Guardiola and Wenger.
Sorry, should have added white text.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Whoever mentioned Van Gaal, not a bad shout.. won't last but he'll definitely provide some good foundations.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
Jamie Redknapp, it was written in the stars and we didn't do it. Now look at us. Still, it's not too late.

mic.m

likes to be nude when popping out baked brownies
Of the managers who might be available in the summer Vaan Gaal seems the best option for me. Has won titles in Holland, Spain and Germany with the biggest clubs. I also like him because one of our biggest issues is our outdated style of play. With his Ajax background he might be the man to modernise our approach on the field and revamp our academy. Also he's likely to fill his staff with quality coaches not rookies like Phil Neville. In the shortterm for 2-3 years he seems the best option.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
I wonder if we can turn back time and see what is happening now, would Fergie and the club still be choosing Moyes as the new United manager?
Fergie would still be manager

(Dunno why Im 4 pages behind)

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Of the managers who might be available in the summer Vaan Gaal seems the best option for me. Has won titles in Holland, Spain and Germany with the biggest clubs. I also like him because one of our biggest issues is our outdated style of play. With his Ajax background he might be the man to modernise our approach on the field and revamp our academy. Also he's likely to fill his staff with quality coaches not rookies like Phil Neville. In the shortterm for 2-3 years he seems the best option.
Speaking of Ajax, maybe we could even go for De Boer? He has them playing fantastic football and they promote youth as much as anyone. Not sure if he'll come mind you, or if he's set for Barca maybe, but I'd take him in a second.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Van Gaal. He has nuts the size of canteloupes. Tactical master wizard.

Guaranteed to fall out with a few of our players though.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I always felt the main pre-requisite of anyone wanting to manage Manchester United after Fergie is having won plenty of meaningful trophies - or at the very least one or two. I stand by that.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Klopp or Wenger would be my wet dream. Others feels like a major step-down from SAF.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Pep you can forget about. I voted for Klopp and still think he's the best solution. I have the feeling he would be able to bring us where we want to be and play the football we should be playing