Your preference for the next Manager?

Who is your choice to replace Ferguson as manager?

• Mourinho

Votes: 211 44.8%
  • Moyes

Votes: 59 12.5%
  • Klopp

Votes: 133 28.2%
  • Ole

Votes: 26 5.5%
  • Cantona

Votes: 5 1.1%
  • Benitez

Votes: 10 2.1%
  • Wenger

Votes: 5 1.1%
  • Laudrup

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Pep

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • Carlos Q

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Someone else

Votes: 11 2.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
I don’t like him, I know he will cause some shite, I don’t see any longterm future with him at the helm.

But now that this is real, I am doing a full 360 and saying Jose is my 1st choice. HE is the only fecker with a big enough ego to take this on.

Moyes will not have the support all the fans and Klopp I am not sure he is the right man for the job.

I will sell my soul and welcome Jose. (The cnut)

Annahnomoss

I'd like nothing more than to see Mourinho with Ole Solskjaer as his Assistant.

What say you Redcafe?
I think that is a great idea actually, one assistant manager who is loyal and an "up and comer" and one exceptional. I would at the same time like to see someone like Gary Neville/Paul Scholes get time in positions where they could learn from the "exceptional manager".

Then we would have built something for the future with Neville and Scholes and at the same time Solskjaer. So even if we were forced to sack Solskjaer later, the Fergie agenda would live with Scholes/Neville inside the staff.

lysglimt

Scout
I like Mourinho as a manager but his ability to end up fighting with players/managers in almost every club he has been in - nah!

Klopp would be interesting

And I honestly think Moyes could do a good job at United

But I can't see anyone outside these 3

Brightonian

Jose is probably the 'safe' option in terms of maintaining success over the short term. Moyes' is, if you like, the 'Fergie' option. British, established in the PL, excels particularly in the off-the-pitch aspects of English management, not the 'football manager fan' choice.

But for me, Klopp is the right one. It's sad (and a bit terrifying!) that Fergie's going. But it also has the potential to be really exciting, and Klopp is certainly the most exciting name being mentioned at the moment - young, fresh, charismatic, advocates a wonderful brand of football.

lysglimt

Scout
No need to laugh...even if he is a despicable person - his results speak for themselves. But no way he would end up at United - he made himself too unpopular for that

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I like Mourinho as a manager but his ability to end up fighting with players/managers in almost every club he has been in - nah!

Klopp would be interesting

And I honestly think Moyes could do a good job at United

But I can't see anyone outside these 3
I think United is a much more stable club than any other he has been at and he'll have two people he has massive respect for in Ferguson and Charlton watching over him.

He's not an idiot, he knows what an opportunity this job is and how he would need to behave with it.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Ben Smith ‏@BenSmithBBC
Now if the next part of this story pans out as I was told yesterday, English football might just implode.

:nervous:
That would be Jose Mourinho and Cristiano Ronaldo coming to United this summer.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
I don’t like him, I know he will cause some shite, I don’t see any longterm future with him at the helm.

But now that this is real, I am doing a full 360 and saying Jose is my 1st choice. HE is the only fecker with a big enough ego to take this on.

Moyes will not have the support all the fans and Klopp I am not sure he is the right man for the job.

That's a 180. A 360 would just leave you facing the same way.

The Neviller

I hate this thread. I've nothing against it or the thread starter, I just hate that the situation has arisen that this thread even exists.

feck this cnuting thread, in the face.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins

I think people saying he is a 3 year manager are looking backwards and not forwards too. He has managed in every league he is ever likely to, and has obviously decided that England is the place for himself and his family to commit.

What would be left for him after United? A big international job perhaps, but thats for later on. I believe that if he goes to United or Chelsea then he will be looking at a decade long project (if all goes well of course).

Trigg

aka Trippin_Stoned
Wasn't the rumor this morning that they was a Press Conference/Release at 2.30pm? Is that still happening or is this SHOCKING news that, but early?

rednev

There is non worthy of worship except God
According to Mark Kleinman (reliable financial/City correspondent) on Sky News, an announcement will be made over the next few days on the successor, once he has resigned from his current club.

Roon101

What does this even mean? :eek:
Mourinho bringing Ronaldo with him!

Come to think of it, wasn't there a comment in the Ronaldo thread earlier this year that someone had heard from Harry Redknapp that Mourinho and Ronaldo would be at United next season??

Jacob

As much as I don't want Mourinho, I'm sure he'd do things the 'United way' to some extent, even adjust his attitude and arrogance.

Dante

Average bang
I want someone shit who'll need replacing at Christmas, forcing Fergie down from his role and back into the hotseat so he can win the treble again.

rednev

There is non worthy of worship except God
Ben Smith ‏@BenSmithBBC
Now if the next part of this story pans out as I was told yesterday, English football might just implode.

:nervous:
It's Kevin Keegan!

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I knew there was a reason Phil Jones was being touted as our best ever player. He'll do a Glen Hoddle, on the bench in a shirt and tie, with a football kit on underneath, ready for when where's just not Jonesing enough.

anver

Shart stop
There's a 20m buyout clause in Mourinho's contract with Real.

And the delay in Roman signing him is because Chelsea has baulked at the idea of paying that.

kps88

Wasn't the rumor this morning that they was a Press Conference/Release at 2.30pm? Is that still happening or is this SHOCKING news that, but early?
This surely isn't the shocking news?