g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Your Top 5 United players

Howzit_Bru

My favorite from my youth
1. Hughes
2. Olsen
3. Robson
4. Sharpe
5. Irwin

JoaquinJoaquin

I know everyone is entitled to their own opinion but how does Ronaldo get twice as many mentions as Rooney, I mean one complained he was treated like a slave here and the other has 250 goals.
Not to derail the thread but I think a lot of it boils down to that we seen Ronaldo effectively reach his peak and potential while at the club whereas with Rooney there is still always a feeling he didn't quite live up to the early potential he showed. That's not to discredit his fantastic career mind.

You also need to add the fact Rooney handed in transfer requests on two occasions which permanently soured him to alot of fans I know. And this thread is about favourite players after all...

PoTMS

I don't think I can choose five.

Kanchelskis
Solskjaer
Keane
Mata
Cantona

Reserve five:

Ronaldo
Beckham
Stam
Hughes
Hernandez

I've forgotten someone....
My third five...

Ruud
RVP
Robbo
Scholes
Irwin
:nono: cheating...

To be fair, it really is hard whittling it down to 5. I bet if most of were asked us on any other given day we'd choose slightly different each time. Goes to show how many good players we've had.

manunited1919

Tevez (Even though I hated when he left)
Evra
Ronaldo
RVN
One Sweden player (can't decide between Larsson and Ibra)