7. Miller
8. DeBeek
9. Diouf
10. Antony
11. Bebe

Last edited:

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
What is a duff signing? Just plain bad? But if so, why is Lindelof there instead of Rojo or Bailly?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Your Lindelof hate is bizarre. Sure he lacks in aggression and is clearly not at the level we aspire to but he's always worked hard, never once complained and by all accounts appears to be a lovely bloke.

I really don't understand why you single him out ahead of the many, many players who deserve it more. He's far, far down the list of problems and always has been.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Valdes
Darmian
Rojo
Bailly
Telles

Van De Beek
Schneiderlin
Schweinsteiger

Memphis
Antony
Sancho

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
Taibi

Darmian
Jones
Rojo
Telles

Djemba Djemba
Kleberson
Van de Beek

Bebe
Manucho
Depay

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Your Lindelof hate is bizarre. Sure he lacks in aggression and is clearly not at the level we aspire to but he's always worked hard, never once complained and by all accounts appears to be a lovely bloke.

I really don't understand why you single him out ahead of the many, many players who deserve it more. He's far, far down the list of problems and always has been.
I don’t rate him as a defender, from day 1 I’ve said he’s not good enough and he’s not. I rated rojo and Bailly higher when fit / not banned. It’s a low bar though

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Do you make these threads on purpose to wind me up or is it a happy coincidence?

Anyway...

Valdes

Buttner
Lindelof not really l.o.l
Rojo
Darmian

Van de Beek
Nick Powell
Schweinsteiger

Bebe
Manucho / Bellion / Falcao / Diouf (The One)
Sancho

Last edited:

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
Because I think that they are technically better defenders, or were at least despite being nutters
Hmm... I think Lindelof is OK. Not more, not less. I'd even argue that he is more value for money than Maguire.

But Rojo and Bailly were just bad.

golden_blunder

Staff
Do you make these threads on purpose to wind me up or is it a happy coincidence?

Anyway...

Valdes

Buttner
Lindelof not really l.o.l
Rojo
Darmian

Van de Beek
Nick Powell
Schweinsteiger

Bebe
Manucho / Bellion / Diouf (The One)
Sancho
Ooh buttner good call though was be worse than telles? At least he scored a couple

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Sad that Martial hasn’t featured in a line up yet, because it means we have had so many attackers who have been poor.
Genuinely it’s hard to argue his inclusion over the likes of Antony, Memphis and Sancho. A tragic reflection of how we’ve been run since 2013.

Devil81

Tried to pick players that played a decent amount of games.

Howard - never forgive that dropped ball in Europe

Telles - Looked the part on videos, crap in real life

Darmian - So average

Rojo - Not only a really unlikeable guy but also a really average player

Maguire - for the money spent he's been a disaster, he continues to make unintentional mistakes constantly during every match, he's giving Frank Spencer a run for his money in calamity terms

Schneiderlin - So rubbish, literally insanely out of his depth

Kleberson - What a flop, had real high hopes for him but he was as wet as a lettuce

Sanchez - I'm convinced we got his twin brother, 500k a week and cost us a fortune to pay off

Antony - Embarrassing he's associated with our club

Forlan - Hurts me to say it to be fair, liked him but he was useless for us.

Falcao - Big things expected but we got the one legged version. Couldn't run

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I don’t rate him as a defender, from day 1 I’ve said he’s not good enough and he’s not. I rated rojo and Bailly higher when fit / not banned. It’s a low bar though
That's fine but you specifically go after him more than any other player. You could argue for not rating almost the entire squad at this point. He's pretty inoffensive in terms of the current team and players we've had in the past.

golden_blunder

Staff
That's fine but you specifically go after him more than any other player. You could argue for not rating almost the entire squad at this point. He's pretty inoffensive in terms of the current team and players we've had in the past.
I just think he’s mediocre and we need to start to weed the garden if we want to grow a prizewinning one. Anyway that’s just my opinion, don’t want to turn this into another Lindelof thread. I loved him last weekend btw

poleglass red

Tried to pick players that played a decent amount of games.

Howard - never forgive that dropped ball in Europe

Telles - Looked the part on videos, crap in real life

Darmian - So average

Rojo - Not only a really unlikeable guy but also a really average player

Maguire - for the money spent he's been a disaster, he continues to make unintentional mistakes constantly during every match, he's giving Frank Spencer a run for his money in calamity terms

Schneiderlin - So rubbish, literally insanely out of his depth

Kleberson - What a flop, had real high hopes for him but he was as wet as a lettuce

Sanchez - I'm convinced we got his twin brother, 500k a week and cost us a fortune to pay off

Antony - Embarrassing he's associated with our club

Forlan - Hurts me to say it to be fair, liked him but he was useless for us.

Falcao - Big things expected but we got the one legged version. Couldn't run
I'd say a big part of his failure with us was he we played him. We played him as the furthest forward, playing on the last defender. His best football came after he left us, where he played behind the main striker. Pity about him as he could have and really should have been a better player for us.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I'm taking into account money spent and what they were bought for - more weight given to people that were big money signings/meant to be first teamers.

Barthez - Definitely been worse keepers but he was a big money signing meant to replace Big Pete... it did not work out.

Darmian - A man so unspectacular, I imagine the colour scheme at his wedding was beige.

Rojo - Mad, and shit, and mad.... I remember once he was on the bench and we all had just witnessed Baily somehow avoid getting sent off for a two footed lunge, so this idiot then came off the bench and the first thing he did was two foot someone, speaking of which...

Bailly - An excellent defender on his day to be fair, however those days were few and far between. Also an absolute lunatic.

Telles - Buttner was worse, but this lad was meant to challenge Shaw for a first team place... and didn't.

Schniederlin - I thought he was going to be great, I was very, very (very) wrong

Van de Beek - When we signed him there were jokes we signed the bloke from Dawson's Creek... turns out signing the bloke from Dawson's Creek would have been as impactful.

Sanchez - Cost about a billion pounds, played the piano.

Anthony - The worst winger to ever play 50 games for us

Sancho - The other worst winger to ever play 50 games for us

Martial - Obviously Falcao was really fecking shit, but he was a loan - this lad has been here for about a decade and his greatest contribution was a goal on his feckin' debut.

Simbo

Valdes

Telles
Maguire
Jones
Rojo

Schweinsteiger
Di Maria
Sancho
Veron

Sanchez
Falcao
Depay

World beating 11 here on its day, just awful signings for us.

Bwuk

Valdes - feels a bit harsh. Barely played.
Bailly - in 6 seasons at the club he only managed to play 70 league games. Had moments of brilliance followed by moments of sheer lunacy.
Maguire - most expensive defender in the world when we signed him. He's had spells where he's done well, but he's far too much of a liability for the money we spent.
Rojo - the iceman? Really?
Buttner - Why? Was never remotely good enough.
Schneiderlin - Beyond forgettable.
Van de Beek - The invisible man
Sancho - Complete waste of money.
Sanchez - See above.
Antony - See above
Falcao - Came with a world class rep. Looked like he couldn't kick a ball.

Valdes
Bailly - Maguire - Rojo - Buttner
Schneiderlin - Van de Beek
Antony - Sancho - Sanchez
Falcao​

poleglass red

Valdes - feels a bit harsh. Barely played.
Bailly - in 6 seasons at the club he only managed to play 70 league games. Had moments of brilliance followed by moments of sheer lunacy.
Maguire - most expensive defender in the world when we signed him. He's had spells where he's done well, but he's far too much of a liability for the money we spent.
Rojo - the iceman? Really?
Buttner - Why? Was never remotely good enough.
Schneiderlin - Beyond forgettable.
Van de Beek - The invisible man
Sancho - Complete waste of money.
Sanchez - See above.
Antony - See above
Falcao - Came with a world class rep. Looked like he couldn't kick a ball.

Valdes
Bailly - Maguire - Rojo - Buttner
Schneiderlin - Van de Beek
Antony - Sancho - Sanchez
Falcao​
Wasn't Lindelof the Iceman?

Stadjer

Martial - Obviously Falcao was really fecking shit, but he was a loan - this lad has been here for about a decade and his greatest contribution was a goal on his feckin' debut.
And a 23 goals and 12 assists all competitions season. 17 goals and 7 assists in just the Premier League that year.

Martial did not live up to expectation and his first season hype but he did more than just a goal on his debut. He was a good and usefull player at certain times during his (too long) Manchester United period. Martial did better than Memphis Depay for example.

Annihilate Now!

Scout
And a 23 goals and 12 assists all competitions season. 17 goals and 7 assists in just the Premier League that year.

Martial did not live up to expectation and his first season hype but he did more than just a goal on his debut. He was a good and usefull player at certain times during his (too long) Manchester United period. Martial did better than Memphis Depay for example.
We signed him fo £50m with the idea that he would be our main striker for years to come.

I think he was our main striker for - what? - a season and a half? And yeah, he has mostly been crap, and we'll not make a single penny off him when he leaves.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Valdes
Darmian
Rojo
Bailly
Telles

Van De Beek
Schneiderlin
Schweinsteiger

Memphis
Antony
Sancho
I think this is quite fair when you consider things like price and expectations.

Todd

---------------------------Valdes----------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------Bailly------------Rojo-------------------
Darmian--------------------------------------------Telles
----------------------Schweinsteiger--------------------
--------------van de Beek-----Schneiderlin--------
Antony----------------------------------------Memphis
-------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------Weghorst---------------------------

This team would be lucky to avoid relegation

OL29

I'm taking into account money spent and what they were bought for - more weight given to people that were big money signings/meant to be first teamers.

Barthez - Definitely been worse keepers but he was a big money signing meant to replace Big Pete... it did not work out.

Darmian - A man so unspectacular, I imagine the colour scheme at his wedding was beige.

Rojo - Mad, and shit, and mad.... I remember once he was on the bench and we all had just witnessed Baily somehow avoid getting sent off for a two footed lunge, so this idiot then came off the bench and the first thing he did was two foot someone, speaking of which...

Bailly - An excellent defender on his day to be fair, however those days were few and far between. Also an absolute lunatic.

Telles - Buttner was worse, but this lad was meant to challenge Shaw for a first team place... and didn't.

Schniederlin - I thought he was going to be great, I was very, very (very) wrong

Van de Beek - When we signed him there were jokes we signed the bloke from Dawson's Creek... turns out signing the bloke from Dawson's Creek would have been as impactful.

Sanchez - Cost about a billion pounds, played the piano.

Anthony - The worst winger to ever play 50 games for us

Sancho - The other worst winger to ever play 50 games for us

No it wasn’t. In his first season alone he scored vital goals in a successful cup run, including a last minute winner to get us into the final. He’s scored nearly 100 goals for us even, with many coming from the wing. He’s been rubbish for a few years now but what’s with the hyperbole?

Annihilate Now!

Scout
No it wasn’t. In his first season alone he scored vital goals in a successful cup run, including a last minute winner to get us into the final. He’s scored nearly 100 goals for us even, with many coming from the wing. He’s been rubbish for a few years now but what’s with the hyperbole?
Jesus, can't even exaggerate on here these days... Whilst we're fact checking, I also said he's been here a decade when in fact, he's only been here 8 years.

Though to be fair, ask an average United fan to close there eyes and remember a Martial goal, whats the first one you think most will think of?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Jesus, can't even exaggerate on here these days... Whilst we're fact checking, I also said he's been here a decade when in fact, he's only been here 8 years.

Though to be fair, ask an average United fan to close there eyes and remember a Martial goal, whats the first one you think most will think of?
Everton in the FA Cup semi for me.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
1. Taibi
2. Darmien
3. Telles
4. Donaghy
5. Lindelof
6. Djemba Djemba
7. Miller
8. DeBeek
9. Diouf
10. Antony
11. Bebe
Fair few here not worth including as expectations weren't that high. I'd argue:

Taibi

Darmian
Rojo
Bailly
Telles

Schneiderlin
Van de Beek

Memphis
Sanchez
Sancho

Falcao

Trequarista10

Diouf was a cheap signing as a youngster from a low profile league, barely played but was alright when he did, and ended up having a decent career. His name doesn't belong in this thread at all.

OL29

The winner against Everton in the fa cup semi final, the goal against Watford with the dragback and flick over the keeper against Watford, the brace at Stamford bridge, a couple of screamers against Stoke, the goal against Fulham when he ran from his own half. He’s scored loads of good goals and important goals but revisionism is rife for certain players on this forum.