Youssoufa Moukoko

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
This feels like classic media rumor mongering to drive clicks in January.

It seems likely that he resigns with BvB but if he leaves it'll almost certainly be in the summer. He has no real incentive to leave next month given that he is starting every match for Dortmund, can play CL, and can also sign a pre-contract in January anyway. And BvB is in a dogfight for CL qualification in the Bundesliga again and he is their best goal scorer. Selling him now would be a huge risk that would be hard to justify based on whatever small fee they would receive. And nobody is going to pay a big fee when they could just sign him on a pre-contract and have him for free five months later.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I'm sure I read a story (possibly on here) that he was waiting until he turned 18 to sign a new deal as an adult and without family intervention.

mav_9me

I'm sure I read a story (possibly on here) that he was waiting until he turned 18 to sign a new deal as an adult and without family intervention.
Yes but he turned 18 a month ago. There maybe minor stuff to sort out, BVB/Bundesliga fans may know better, but it's slowly feeling like he may leave.

mu4c_20le

He isn't going anywhere. At his age he won't be starting at any of the big clubs.

Strootman's Finger

18 year old that wants guaranteed starting time at a top club. Reminds me of someone.... stay away, stay far away.

Abizzz

I don't care about Dortmund but it's depressing that players are now looking to leave proper large clubs as a first step like most of us graduate from high school.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
18 year old that wants guaranteed starting time at a top club. Reminds me of someone.... stay away, stay far away.
Why is it an issue for a player to want to leave to get regular playing time? That's always a good sign of a player. A player willing to just sit on the bench for me is usually not great.

Strootman's Finger

Why is it an issue for a player to want to leave to get regular playing time? That's always a good sign of a player. A player willing to just sit on the bench for me is usually not great.
Expecting playing time is a problem, it needs to be earned. I wouldn't like that attitude from a seasoned professional, and definitely not from a kid.

bosnian_red

Expecting playing time is a problem, it needs to be earned. I wouldn't like that attitude from a seasoned professional, and definitely not from a kid.
It's not expecting playing time, but you also aren't going to sign somewhere where they tell you your role is to be a bench or reserve player. He wants to play. He wants to go somewhere where they plan to give him playing time. From there, it's on the coach to honor his promise, and the player to perform well enough to keep the playing time. Not sure what the problem is in that?

Strootman's Finger

It's not expecting playing time, but you also aren't going to sign somewhere where they tell you your role is to be a bench or reserve player. He wants to play. He wants to go somewhere where they plan to give him playing time. From there, it's on the coach to honor his promise, and the player to perform well enough to keep the playing time. Not sure what the problem is in that?
I guess I am from an era where I still think players sign for clubs because they have a love or admiration for that club. But either way I do think it's wrong for an 18 year old to expect playing time. If he was coming through United's academy it could be a couple years before he sees the first team, but expects to start because he comes from somewhere else. I get that the desire to play is good, it's the expectation that I have a problem with. What if United were to sign him, and guarantee him so much playing time, and then he struggles to adapt, which a lot of players from Germany do, can he not be dropped now? Will he throw his toys out of the pram and sign for Juventus?

Remember the geese

I guess I am from an era where I still think players sign for clubs because they have a love or admiration for that club. But either way I do think it's wrong for an 18 year old to expect playing time. If he was coming through United's academy it could be a couple years before he sees the first team, but expects to start because he comes from somewhere else. I get that the desire to play is good, it's the expectation that I have a problem with. What if United were to sign him, and guarantee him so much playing time, and then he struggles to adapt, which a lot of players from Germany do, can he not be dropped now? Will he throw his toys out of the pram and sign for Juventus?
Pogba was our loss. Not his.

bosnian_red

Of course once a player signs it's on him to play well and deserve it. But nobody will sign for a club as a highly rated player, with the expected playing time being a bench player. You want to play. It's always been the case.

Also, love and admiration for the club is a load of shite tbh. Unless you are a boyhood supporter of the club where some exceptions are made, you move for the good of your career. Where will you play the most. Whose system will suit you best. Where will you develop the most. Where will you be allowed to live your career ambitions (moving clubs after a few years if that's what you want), team success prospects, pay, city you live in etc.

The only reason you think it ever had anything to do with some supposed loyalty was because we are United fans, during a time where United was the best English side and one of the best sides in the world for 20 years, where we won trophies every year and offered the biggest wages. Scholes played his whole career at United because United was always successful. Maybe someone like Neville would have stuck around even through shite form, but Scholes has even said in the past, why would he leave when he was always winning? So once the club goes through a wobble, the players will always look after themselves (as they should).

Ekeke

He's been good enough so far in Germany that he could be confident to get lots of starts for us up front. We have that space for him. Not many bigger clubs would be able to offer that immediately

Our top scorer this season has 4 goals, he has 6 at 18. Of course he would play

But in the past a lot of the time clubs are able to convince the player to sign a contract and will then sell them a bit after to break away on better terms. That might be the case here where Dortmund get to keep him till the end of the season, or 1 more season and then sell him

Boavista

It's a valid point, but not really applicable here I think. From the sounds of it the only reason he'd leave Dortmund would be if he feels he won't get enough playing time there and his development stagnates because of it. So if he decides not to renew with Dortmund it makes little sense to move somewhere where his chances to play would be less.

Also despite the early hype, I think he's only started to justify that hype and more minutes fairly recently. I don't think moving to another club now (with even bigger expectations) is the best idea for him. It's not like he's outgrown his current team and demanding playing time from his next club, he's weighing his options against playing time at Dortmund.

cpresc

I guess I am from an era where I still think players sign for clubs because they have a love or admiration for that club.
To be fair, I can't imagine many scenarios where a player isn't good enough but the club keep him because he loves the club.. Phil Jones aside maybe!

cpresc

So this is where Agent Sancho has been... all makes sense now.

Boondog

One of the biggest problems with young players moving to the big clubs is that play time question. So if he's making demands on play time I would view that as a negative. Not the type of negative that would make me pass on him but definitely a concern. Fantastic player. Excellent fit for Hagball. But we don't need another striker sulking on the bench when we just got rid of one who did exactly that.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
One year younger than Sesko who was on the radar and considered quite serious target for the summer.

Erik the Red

One of the biggest problems with young players moving to the big clubs is that play time question. So if he's making demands on play time I would view that as a negative. Not the type of negative that would make me pass on him but definitely a concern. Fantastic player. Excellent fit for Hagball. But we don't need another striker sulking on the bench when we just got rid of one who did exactly that.
Look at Alvarez at City. Thought he had got his big move, and then they sign Haaland. Alvarez is a quality player, but playing a few times a year when Haaland is rested or injured is not going to be very good for his own career.

Erik the Red

One year younger than Sesko who was on the radar and considered quite serious target for the summer.
Sesko and Moukoko would be a great pair to bring in. Of the realistic young strikers that are available (not already at a huge club), these are the two I would go for.

NoPace

He's been good enough so far in Germany that he could be confident to get lots of starts for us up front. We have that space for him. Not many bigger clubs would be able to offer that immediately

Our top scorer this season has 4 goals, he has 6 at 18. Of course he would play

But in the past a lot of the time clubs are able to convince the player to sign a contract and will then sell them a bit after to break away on better terms. That might be the case here where Dortmund get to keep him till the end of the season, or 1 more season and then sell him
Yeah, Dortmund can give him a big raise, give him a release clause for 35M for any club outside the Bundesliga (legal I think?) in the summer of 2025 say, and everyone wins.

croadyman

Sesko and Moukoko would be a great pair to bring in. Of the realistic young strikers that are available (not already at a huge club), these are the two I would go for.
Osimhen & Moukoko,mind you we still have to spend money on RB,midfield and if Maguire goes a CB as well.

bringbackbebe

Starting above Martial & Rashford? How rude of him!

Basically, we are the best bet if that's what he wants. It's impossible to not start for us if you're a striker.

Hughes35

We should be all over this. We desperately need a striker, he'd get loads of game time for us.

Great move for all parties IMO. Stupid if we don't really push for it.

In 2 or 3 years he will be getting linked to clubs for big big money.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Look at Alvarez at City. Thought he had got his big move, and then they sign Haaland. Alvarez is a quality player, but playing a few times a year when Haaland is rested or injured is not going to be very good for his own career.
He's going to go exactly the same way as Jesus. Play second fiddle for a while before he realises he could be the main man at another big club and asks for a transfer. At least Jesus got more playing time as Aguero started to age and be injured more. Haaland is a freak athlete and a couple of months younger than Alvarez.

jesperjaap

Cant remember a more hyped player at a young age since Adu....Eto callign him new Messi for example, so in a way he has been dissapointin gso far for DOrtmund.

Then you have to remember he is just 18. Its weird he looked big and strong in youth clips that were going round and now he looks tiny in the mans game.

I am not sure what to make of him at the moment as of course couldnt live up to the hype and for 18 he is doing really well...but is he a world beater.

It does seem we are crying out in the game for genuine potential superstar young strikers. There is obviously one in Haaland and should hav ebeen one in Greenwood, but beyong that Moukoko, Alvarez, Cesko, Ramos, Adeyemi....not seen much of most of them tbh, but are they genuine world class strikers in the making?

Remember the geese

I think he will start scoring a lot of goals in the near future. Out of all the potential young strikers out there, he is the one I would really want us to sign. I can see him exploding and becoming a superstar.