Youth Reports 05/06 & 06/07 & 07/08 seasons

UnitedIrishman

Any idea how Darren Gibson is shaping up for the future?

There are high hopes over here in Ireland that he can make the breakthrough.

Dubai_Devil

I think Gibson is Northern Irish too but has chosen to play for the Republic.

oskarutd

Any news on Crockett and Sean Evans? Are they injured?
How about R. Eckersley, J. Evans and C. Evans? When will they return from injuries?
Anything being leaked about which of the u-16 have got contracts?
I guees if anyone can answer theese, then it is Tony!

westlife4ever

Dubai_Devil said:
I think Gibson is Northern Irish too but has chosen to play for the Republic.
Exactly. Gibson was born in Derry, NI. But he chose to play for the Republic.

oskarutd

from manutd.com

Campbell signs professional forms
23/3/06 2:45 PM

Fraizer Turns Professional

Youth and Reserves striker Fraizer Campbell has signed professional forms with Manchester United.

The pacy 18-year-old, who has scored five goals in 11 starts for Rene Meulensteen's Reserves this season, is the fifth United scholar to turn pro this season.

David Gray, Darron Gibson, Danny Simpson and Craig Cathcart have all signed professional forms with United this term.

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
oskarutd said:
Any news on Crockett and Sean Evans? Are they injured?
How about R. Eckersley, J. Evans and C. Evans? When will they return from injuries?
Anything being leaked about which of the u-16 have got contracts?
I guees if anyone can answer theese, then it is Tony!
Corry Evans and Richard Eckersley are still suffering from back injuries due to growth spurts. They will be out for the rest of the season. Sean Evans and Lee Crockett have niggling injuries but are in training. Jon Evans has returned to training and should be fit to play for the Reserves at West Brom on Monday night.

No news on contracts as yet......

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Would be interesting to know how many percents of those who sign professional terms that actually become "anything". TonyPark presented something a while ago that was not that far from it...

red thru&thru

TonyPark said:
Corry Evans and Richard Eckersley are still suffering from back injuries due to growth spurts. They will be out for the rest of the season. Sean Evans and Lee Crockett have niggling injuries but are in training. Jon Evans has returned to training and should be fit to play for the Reserves at West Brom on Monday night.

No news on contracts as yet......
cant wait to see corry back, i really rate him.

Mr. MUJAC

andersj said:
Would be interesting to know how many percents of those who sign professional terms that actually become "anything". TonyPark presented something a while ago that was not that far from it...
Anyone interested in a couple of articles relating to Uniteds Youth team please email me and I'll send you a copy

Tony

UnitedIrishman

TonyPark said:
Anyone interested in a couple of articles relating to Uniteds Youth team please email me and I'll send you a copy

Tony
I'm always interested in hearing more about the youth sides and reports. Can't get much of the coverage over here.

My email is: unitedwestand6@hotmail.com

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Excellent reading Tony, very interesting. Particularly the article where you presentet a lot of historical facts about the talents at the club caught my interest.

Mr. MUJAC

Academy

Two Aaron Burns goals helped United to a 2-1 victory over Barnsley at Carrington on Saturday. United lined up with the usual suspects but had a triallist in the number 10 jersey. James Dunn was previously at Everton's Academy but has had a number of trials at numerous clubs since November last year. In fact he played in a behind closed doors friendly for Preston against United in early January. He represented Everton at the Northern Ireland Milk Cup in 2004.

Dunn, a tall competitive physical player, showed some nice touches and could easily have scored a couple of goals himself. He worked well to set up United's winner in the second half.

Dunn had played for PNE's reserve team and was on the bench when Everton visited Carrington earlier this season.

It was a good performance by United overall and we deserved the three points.

Most of the squad travel to the US on Friday to compete in the Dallas Cup.

oskarutd

Rossi 1 pen, Campbell 2.
Gibson also played.

Any neas on the Sunderland game on saturday? Was it played?

RioNkeanofan

First with the news
http://www.manutd.com/news/fullstory.sps?iNewsid=321077&itype=466&icategoryid=119

Young Reds Overturn Spanish Giants

Dallas Cup, SuperGroup A
Pizza Hut Park Stadium, Dallas
Real Madrid 2
Callejon (7), Bueno (70)

Manchester United 3
Campbell (17, 51), Rossi (pen, 59)

United's Reserves made a winning start to their Dallas Cup campaign with a hard-fought victory over Real Madrid.

A record DC attendance of 17,105 filled the Pizza Hut Park Stadium as Fraizer Campbell's brace and a penalty from Giuseppe Rossi gave the Reds the spoils.

United started slowly in the first of their three group matches, and fell behind to Juanmi Callejon's far-post strike after just seven minutes.

Rene Meulensteen's side drew level just 10 minutes later, however, and it was through in-form striker Campbell, fresh from his four-goal haul against Manchester City.

The increasingly lively partnership of Campbell and Rossi tore the Spaniards to shreds, with Rossi laying the equaliser on a plate for his cohort.

After a patchy first-half, United moved ahead six minutes into the second period through Campbell's second of the evening.

Captain Darron Gibson struck a trademark long-range volley towards goal, and Campbell managed to divert the ball's course into the back of the net.

The pacy striker was denied his hat-trick when he was upended by Madrid keeper Enrique Reguero, but Rossi duly converted the penalty to seal United's win.

Alberto Bueno's fine strike halved the arrears, but United were never unduly troubled and held on to take all three points.

Meulensteen's side are back in action again on Monday against Mexican side Monterrey.

Report by Steve Bartram.

oskarutd

Any info on when we will play City in the u-18s?
Are we out of Manchester Senior cup?
Wasn´t we supposed to play Oldham again?

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Does anyone know more about Frazier Campbell? Seems to be a fantastic talent and a great goalscorer

Dubai_Devil

Michel04 said:
Does anyone know more about Frazier Campbell? Seems to be a fantastic talent and a great goalscorer
Promising talent.

Made the step up from u19s to reserve team this year. Has lightning pace and is a good finisher. Has played a couple of times for England youth teams.

oskarutd

The team against Sunderland:
1.Amos
2.Moffett 4.Chester 5.Carthcart 3.Cleverley
7.Dunn 6.Derbyshire 8.Norwood 11.Brandy
9.Fagan 10.Welack

Subs: 14.Evans (8), 15.Collins (7), 17.??(10?)

Fagan and Collins scored.
In the newbies socom3 says:
We have lost Sunderland 2-3 last Saturday with two goals from Christopher Fagan and under 16 talent Nicholas Ajose.

The commentry on MUTV was embarising. Joe Evans didn´t know the Christian names of the u-16s and they didn´t say who nr. 17 was or the unused subs. The names of Moffett, Welack and Collins are new to me.
So does anyone know these players?

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
3rd group match kicks off in about 2 hours. U19s played FC Delco Crunch (top youth club from Philadelphia area; annually ranked in the top 10 youth programs in the US).

Current standings
Club________W-D-L__PT_GF_GA_GD

United_______1-1-0__4__4__3___1
Monterrey____1-1-0__4__3__2___1
Real_________1-0-1__3__5__3___2
FC Delco_____0-0-2__0__1__5___-4

Mr. MUJAC

MrMarcello said:
3rd group match kicks off in about 2 hours. U19s played FC Delco Crunch (top youth club from Philadelphia area; annually ranked in the top 10 youth programs in the US).

Current standings

United's line up against Real Madrid was Zieler, Gray, Lee, Shawcross, J. Evans, R. Jones, Marsh, Gibson, Campbell, Rossi, Rose

Dont yet know the subs.......

Mr. MUJAC

oskarutd said:
1.Amos
9.Fagan 10.Welack

Fagan and Collins scored.
In the newbies socom3 says:
We have lost Sunderland 2-3 last Saturday with two goals from Christopher Fagan and under 16 talent Nicholas Ajose.

The commentry on MUTV was embarising. Joe Evans didn´t know the Christian names of the u-16s and they didn´t say who nr. 17 was or the unused subs. The names of Moffett, Welack and Collins are new to me.

So does anyone know these players?
Welack I think is a mistake. I reckon it is Danny Welbeck......England Schoolboy international.........MUTV said that Collins scored the second goal.....

M160RA

oskarutd said:
1.Amos
9.Fagan 10.Welack

So James Dunn is still on trial with us? Or have we offered him a deal?

oskarutd

TonyPark said:
Welack I think is a mistake. I reckon it is Danny Welbeck......England Schoolboy international.........MUTV said that Collins scored the second goal.....
He played as striker and then changed position with Brandy. I thought it might be a freudian slip by the MUTV team. It said alot about their commentary.
So Moffett might be wrong to. Maybe Ajose was number 17. Nr. 15 scored and during the subsition he was introduced as Collins. Anyone heard of him?

oskarutd

MrMarcello said:

Current standings

We won 2-0