Youth Reports 05/06 & 06/07 & 07/08 seasons

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
andersj said:
Did David Beckham play for England at youth level (U16, U17, U18 etc.)? Tony?
Becks didn't win any schoolboy or youth honours........

In answer to some of the other questions...........

Line-up v Barnsley in the U/18 match was Crockett, Gray, Lea, Chester, Shawcross, Rose, Barnes, Hewson, Burns, Dunn, Moran Subs: Cathcart, Zieler, Gibson, Campbell and Mullan. Burns scored both goals and Mullan replaced Moran at half-time.

Dunn is on trial until the end of the season......he has not signed forms.....

We play Oldham at Boundary Park on Monday 24th of April in the MSC Final. The following night we play City at Platt Lane in the rearranged Under 18 fixture at 7.00pm.

Next Saturday United under 18's play Sheffield Wednesday at Carrington while the Reserves play Aston Villa at Tamworth in what will probably be the championship decider. Should United win the league we will play Spurs at home in the Reserve League national play-off. Last season's game at Charlton was in London so if we win the game will be at Hyde but most probabaly at OT.

We lost in the Dallas Cup semi-finals against Santos Laguna 3-2 last night. We will now play CF Monterrey in the 3rd place play-off today.

More info to follow.......

oskarutd

TonyPark said:
Becks didn't win any schoolboy or youth honours........

In answer to some of the other questions...........

Line-up v Barnsley in the U/18 match was Crockett, Gray, Lea, Chester, Shawcross, Rose, Barnes, Hewson, Burns, Dunn, Moran Subs: Cathcart, Zieler, Gibson, Campbell and Mullan. Burns scored both goals and Mullan replaced Moran at half-time.

Dunn is on trial until the end of the season......he has not signed forms.....

We play Oldham at Boundary Park on Monday 24th of April in the MSC Final. The following night we play City at Platt Lane in the rearranged Under 18 fixture at 7.00pm.

Next Saturday United under 18's play Sheffield Wednesday at Carrington while the Reserves play Aston Villa at Tamworth in what will probably be the championship decider. Should United win the league we will play Spurs at home in the Reserve League national play-off. Last season's game at Charlton was in London so if we win the game will be at Hyde but most probabaly at OT.

We lost in the Dallas Cup semi-finals against Santos Laguna 3-2 last night. We will now play CF Monterrey in the 3rd place play-off today.

More info to follow.......
Thanks Tony!

Rossi scored the second goal from the penalty spot in the last sec of the game.

oskarutd

We won against Sheff. Wed. 2-0 in todays u-18s game. Burns and Fagan were the goalscores. Does anyone have info on the squad? The starting eleven, the subs, anyone?Team against sheff wed in the U-18's

We lost 1-2 against City this week.
Burns scored.
No more info yet.

oskarutd

Marveld

Team info for the Dutch tournement in Mai:
Staff;

Mr Mark Dempsey, Mr Brian McClair, Mr Danny Keough,
Ms Amanda Johnson

Players

Nicholas Ajose, Reece Brown, Niki-Lee Bulmer, Brad Byrne,
Jake Ellis-Rowland, Matthew James, Jason Lampkin, Ryan Longworth,
Jay Lynch
, Gary McMaster, Oliver Norwood , Michael Potts, Tomos Roberts, Elliot Slingsby, Cameron Stewart, Ryan Tunnicliffe

Tomos Roberts must be the Welsh u-14 player.
Those underlined are new to me.

Jacuzzi

Aston Villa reserves won Liverpool 3-0 yesterday, so practically we still have to get at least a point away against Liverpool on Sunday to secure back-to-back title. That is, if The Villans get all three points on Thursday against Leeds.

westlife4ever

oskarutd said:
Tomos Roberts must be the Welsh u-14 player.
actually Tomos Roberts took part in a Wales U15 friendly game against Slovakia last Friday.

any detail info about him?

oskarutd

oskarutd said:
We won against Sheff. Wed. 2-0 in todays u-18s game. Burns and Fagan were the goalscores. Does anyone have info on the squad? The starting eleven, the subs, anyone?Team against sheff wed in the U-18's

We lost 1-2 against City this week.
Burns scored.
No more info yet.
Crockett, Gray, Michael Lee, Chester, Cathcart, Hewson, Burns (Mitchell Bryant), Cleverley (Danny Welbeck), Brandy, Fagan, Barnes (Cameron Stewart)

Unused subs: Gary Woods, David Williams.

Perhaps it was an own goal rather than a Fagan goal.

Much better commentry this time on MUTV.

Danish Wizard

I've never heard of David Williams and Mitchell Bryant. They must be u-16 players.?
Cameron Stewart must be very young (14-15 years old.).?? He is also included in the Marveld tournament squad..
Anyone know how Danny Welbeck has played this season.? I've heard that he is a big talent.

oskarutd

Danish Wizard said:
I've never heard of David Williams and Mitchell Bryant. They must be u-16 players.?
Cameron Stewart must be very young (14-15 years old.).?? He is also included in the Marveld tournament squad..
Anyone know how Danny Welbeck has played this season.? I've heard that he is a big talent.
From socom3 on the newbie:
Mitchell Bryant joined United in January from Southampton after he was approached by scouts from both Chelsea and United and he decided to choose United because he is a United's fan.He is a right winger

That is all I have heard about him, but his name rings a bell, not sure why.
Williams I haven´t heard of.
Stewart is most likely fifteen this year.

M160RA

oskarutd said:
From socom3 on the newbie:
<snip>
Someone should promote him.

By the way, does any have any confirmation on whether Daniel Galbraith will be joining us in the summer? Also, I heard rumours about this Hungarian kid called Krisztian Nemeth somewhere...not sure where.

oskarutd

We won the game against Crewe this morning 1-0. Our last game this season.
Does anyone have more info?

Daniel Galbraith has signed and will play with us next season, it was confirmed on Hearts website.
Krisztian Nemeth I haven´t heared of.

oskarutd

The team against Crewe:
Crockett
Derbyshire????? Carthcart Chester Lea
Bryan ????? ?????? Burns
Fagan Brandy
There were involved u-16s, u-15s and u-14s players.
I saw one sub used nr. 16.
No more info yet.

Kristian Platt has been called up to the Marveld tournement in stead of James.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
U14s? Tony Park, do you have their names? Would really appreciate it, if anyone could find them...

oskarutd

andersj said:
U14s? Tony Park, do you have their names? Would really appreciate it, if anyone could find them...
Where is Tony?
Long time since he posted.
Looking forward to hear from you again.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Do understand if he left. We got a bit demanding, and it must have took up a lot of time.

oskarutd

Blue Stars/FIFA youth cup

Takes place 24th-25th. of may:
Team:
Michael Lea, James Chester, Richard Eckersley, Craig Cathcart, Jonathan Evans, Ron-Robert Zieler, Ryan Shawcross, Darron Gibson, David Gray, Aaron Burns, Kieran Lee
Tom Cleverley, Sean Evans, Jamie Mullan, Fraizer Campbell, Danny Rose, Sam Hewson, Febian Brandy, Chris Fagan
http://www.youthcup.ch/index.html

oskarutd

oskarutd said:
The team against Crewe:
Crockett
Derbyshire????? Carthcart Chester Lea
Bryan ????? ?????? Burns
Fagan Brandy
There were involved u-16s, u-15s and u-14s players.
I saw one sub used nr. 16.
No more info yet.

Kristian Platt has been called up to the Marveld tournement in stead of James.
Crockett
Derbyshire(Michael Potts) Carthcart Chester Lee
Bryan(Ajose) Cleverley Norwood(Eckersley) Burns
Fagan Brandy

Not used: Woods and Welbeck

oskarutd

andersj said:
Is anyone of these U14s? U15s? U16s? Who?
Bryan has played with u-15 and u-16 this season.
Norwood is either u-15 or u-16, as is Ajose.
Potts is most likely u-14.
Derbyshire is u-16 and also Lee.

westlife4ever

oskarutd said:
We won the game against Crewe this morning 1-0. Our last game this season.
Who scored the goal? :wenger:

and do you have the squad info of the Shitty game(April 25), mate? thanks!

oskarutd

westlife4ever said:
Who scored the goal? :wenger:

and do you have the squad info of the Shitty game(April 25), mate? thanks!
Burns scored.
In both games.
I have no more information on that game, beside the result.
So if anyone knows, please share the info !

oskarutd

U18 lineup, Man City
as requested

26.apr:
Zieler,Gray,Lea,Cathcart,Shawcross,Cleverley,Barne s,Hewson,Brandy,Fagan , Burns

subs:
Ajose (Cleverley), Crockett, Chester, Derbyshire,Welbeck
From mr. laurie in the newbies forum. Thanks alot!

oskarutd

United sign brazilian twins

08/05/2006 - Manutd has agreement with lateral twins of the Flu Possible successors of Cafu and Roberto Carlos in the Selection, the lateral twins Rafael and Fábio, 15 years, of the of Rio de Janeiro one and of the Brazilian Selection Sub-15, go to act for the Manchester United, of the England, in 2008, like this that will complete 18 years. The ability of Rafael what is lateral, and Fábio, lateral-left, identical twins, began it attract attention of the English club in the beginning of 2005, when the childlike team of the of Rio de Janeiro one defeated the Paris Saint-Germain in the final one of the Manchester United Premier Cup (1 to 0), in Hong Kong.

To competition is a sort of World of the childlike category. Rafael was considered the best second player of the tournament, that had in the preliminary one a friendly one between the main team of the Manchester and a local selection.

In the occasion, the technician of the main team of the Manchester, Alex Ferguson, watched to the party and invited the boys for a period of training in the England. The English club then set in motion his representative in Brazil, whose first name is John (preferred do not give the surname).

He already led the players twice (in May of 2005 and February of 2006) to Manchester for a period of acclimatization to the future club.

In order to seduce the twins - contacted also by the Arsenal -, the Manchester used to the Portuguese star Cristiano Ronaldo, title of the main team and of the Portuguese selection, that telephoned for Rafael and Fábio in order to encourage-them to be transfered for the English club.

"He linked us and said for we will go for there, that would be good for us. Also we find in Manchester and he come back to give advice", the lateral one said Rafael, that, beside the brother, disputed and defeated recently the Tournament of Barcelona with the Brazilian Selection Sub-15.

Because of the recent determination of the Fifa of that alone players more than 18 years are apt for international transferences, Rafael and Fábio, that complete 16 years in July and have right to the Portuguese citizenship, will go for the Europe alone in the second semester of 2008.

"There, we are going to participate of the South American and of the World one Sub-17 (Ecuador and South Korea, respectively) with the Brazilian Selection. After the World one, is possible that the people stayed a year in the professional of the of Rio de Janeiro one", said Fábio.

The Manchester, in the intention of guarantee the contracting of the two promises of the Brazilian soccer, did a sort of pre with the players, which is maintained in secrecy.

"As the member of staff of the club, I am not authorized it give statements", the olheiro said John.

"To another one way of the Manchester get around the legislation of the Fifa and lead the boys with less of 18 years would be obtain job for the parents of the boys in the England. Of that form, the transference, theoretically, would not have straight connection with the soccer, therefore the boys would have changed from country for accompany the parents", a Brazilian businessman said that asked anonymity.

Foreign to the bureaucratic channels, the boys dream about the specification of the transference for the English soccer.

"We are a lot motivated. It is a big chance of we will give a better life for our family", said Fábio.

The players are going to lead with himself for the British adventure the parents, José Maria and Laurinda, and the oldest brother Luis Henrique, an ex-player of 22 years.

"We fear nothing because everything is being deed with care, certain", observed Rafael, increasing that, as the native of the mountain city of Petrópolis, in the state of the Rio de Janeiro, prefers the coldness to the heat.

The talent of the twins stood out by everybody in Xerém, in the State of Rio, where the of Rio de Janeiro one mantém their center of training for the categories of base, and also by the White ex-player, that at present is coordinator of the lower categories of the Brazilian Selection.

"They are many good, play too, are prepared, go to explode", said White, that, however, does not see with good eyes the premature exit of the players.

"Healthy a lot new, would be able to play professionally in Brazil by some years", thought.

Already the of Rio de Janeiro one thinks of taking advantage of to imminent exit of his two promises for try to close a partnership with the Manchester, in the intention of hire experienced players that are not being taken advantage of by the English team.

"The Kleberson (champion of the world with the Selection in 2002), by example, be not being taken advantage of and finished going for the Turkey. It would be a good name for come back the Brazil", the director of soccer said Paulo Bhering.

Beyond that, of Rio de Janeiro is going to sign a contract with the twins like this that they will complete 16 years, in July (before of that is prohibited), in the intention of the club earn something in the transference of their revelations for the English soccer in 2008.

"The Manchester had the decency of us find. We will see what will be able to be deed", increased Bhering.

http://www.manutdbr.com/noticias_ver.php?id_noticia=234

December_16

oskarutd said:
In the occasion, the technician of the main team of the Manchester, Alex Ferguson, watched to the party and invited the boys for a period of training in the England. The English club then set in motion his representative in Brazil, whose first name is John (preferred do not give the surname).
oh my gosh, that's Shittu!

Mr. MUJAC

Youth stuff

News just in from Kieran Lee's mum.......

Kieran and Shawcross have signed pro contracts.....Aaron Burns, Sean Evans, Jamies Mullan and Danny Rose have signed a one year contract extension and Michael Barnes has been offered a two year deal.....

More precise info to follow......

I have most line up's from the Academy games this season if anyone wants any info......

Been away working lately and unable to log in regularly.....

oskarutd

TonyPark said:
News just in from Kieran Lee's mum.......

Kieran and Shawcross have signed pro contracts.....Aaron Burns, Sean Evans, Jamies Mullan and Danny Rose have signed a one year contract extension and Michael Barnes has been offered a two year deal.....

More precise info to follow......

I have most line up's from the Academy games this season if anyone wants any info......

Been away working lately and unable to log in regularly.....
Welcome back.

I guees this means that Crockett and Lea are on their way out.....

Any news on the u-16s who will get contracts?

Mr. MUJAC

oskarutd said:
Welcome back.

I guees this means that Crockett and Lea are on their way out.....

Any news on the u-16s who will get contracts?

I think Crockett will definitely be going............not sure about Lea as he has been injured most of this season and Fergie may well give him another chance....time will tell

oskarutd

TonyPark said:
I think Crockett will definitely be going............not sure about Lea as he has been injured most of this season and Fergie may well give him another chance....time will tell
There has reported that a certain Michael Lee has been playing as a left back in the last u-18 games. Is that really Michael Lea or an u-16 player?

oskarutd

Evans offered United deal

http://www.southshropshirejournal.com/sport/publish/article_12318.php

Ludlow footballer Sean Evans is keeping his feet firmly on the ground despite being offered a 12-month professional contract with Premiership giants Manchester United.

The 18-year-old left winger, nearing the end of a two-year scholarship at Old Trafford, was handed the news by Reds boss Sir Alex Ferguson. It’s a chance of a lifetime at one of the world’s glamour clubs but the former Shrewsbury Town youth teamer is refusing to get too carried away until he gets the contract in his hand.

“Until I get the contract, and see what it says, I don’t really want to say too much,” he said. “I went to see the gaffer, and I was only in there a minute.

“He said I’ve made a lot of progress, I still have a lot to do, but he added that I’ve got potential and he was happy to offer me a contract.”

Evans made his mark with nine goals for the United youth team and one for the reserves against Newcastle, before frustratingly missing the last few months of the season through injury.

But the teenager was philosophical as he awaited his fate with the Premiership runners-up.

“I set myself a target of 10 goals, and once I got there I set myself a new target of 15 but I then got injured a couple of games after that.

“Although I missed the end of the season, I was happy with the way things had gone up to then.

“There was nothing else I could do, and I felt what would be would be.”

Evans has been at Old Trafford for two years on a scholarship after being taken on following a six-week trial period. He divides his time between his Ludlow home and digs in Manchester.

Before joining the Reds, he had been at Shrewsbury Town’s School of Excellence for seven years.

The teenager now hopes to be firing on all cylinders for next season, but continues to rest after damaging cartilage in his hip.

While sidelined, Evans also took the chance to undergo a hernia operation.

He plans to return to light training three weeks early this summer as he steps up his push for full fitness. Hopefully by then, the hip problem will be resolved – if not he may require an operation which could keep him out until September.

Father Mark, chairman of Ludlow Town FC, believes his son’s success can give hope to other local youngsters.

“Not many kids get the opportunity of being a professional footballer for Manchester United,” he said

“But it just shows that if you work hard then anything is possible. Despite missing the last two months of the season, I think Sean was still second top scorer for the youth team.”

He added: “It’s a great chance, it’s now up to him to work hard. He’s now got 12 months to prove himself. We’re thrilled to bits for him.”

oskarutd

Football: Quartet impress Manchester United
12 May 2006
Arnaz M. Khairul

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FOUR of Malaysia’s Under-20 players have caught the eye of Manchester United youth manager Brian McClair, and if the latter follows up on his praises, the four will receive trials with the English giants.

The Malaysians surprised United’s Academy team on Wednesday, handing them a 4-1 thrashing at the club’s Carrington training facility, in a match that had McClair heaping praises on K. Rajagopal’s charges.

A perfect record of three wins out of three, with a total of nine goals scored and just one conceded means confidence is oozing in Rajagopal’s team.

The squad ended a 20-day training cum playing stint in Manchester with a perfect record of three wins.

The stint is part of the squad’s preparations for the Asian Youth Championship in India in October.

According to FAM secretary Datuk Seri Dr Ibrahim Saad, McClair stated that he was particularly impressed with twins Aidil Zafuan and Zaquan Adha Abdul Razak, Khairil Muhymeen Zambri and Amar Rohaida and he even said he would consider giving the four a trial.

In fact, Khairil was voted Man-of-the-Match by the coaches in the team’s 3-0 victory over Salford Academy last Wednesday. The squad’s other match, against the Stoke City Academy last Saturday, ended 2-0 in Malaysia’s favour.

Ibrahim also said the fact that United’s youth squad featured five of their first team players, served to add to the positive impact at the conclusion of the squad’s tour.

Stoke City, whose academy side were beaten 2-0 by the under-20 team on Saturday, had also expressed their interest in Aidil and Zaquan.

"I think it should be made clear that the boys weren’t up against just any squad - Manchester United fielded virtually their strongest youth squad, and they were utterly surprised by our boys," said Ibrahim.

The Manchester United squad featured first team players Marcos Neumyr, Sam Hewison, Kieran Lee, Frasier Campbell and James Chester. In fact, Neumayr and Campbell played for their first team side in the testimonial match for former club captain Roy Keane at Old Trafford on Tuesday.

"McClair wasn’t just impressed, he told us he was embarrassed by the result as well as they’d expected to steamroll us. He was particularly impressed with our speed, technical ability and fitness," added Ibrahim.

Rajagopal, on the other hand, chose to play down the results, sticking to his aim, which is the AFC Asian Youth Championships.

"The purpose is still to get the boys as much exposure as possible and build their confidence against bigger, more physical players. Let’s not get too excited and give the boys unnecessary pressure," said Rajagopal.

"Give them room, let’s have some patience and you’ll see the real results in three or four years.

"Right now, the results are secondary. As I’ve always said the aim is the Asian Youth Championships, and that is still our first objective."

The squad heads for Slovakia for a three-match series tomorrow, where they will face two club sides, before taking on the Slovakian under-20 side on May 18.
Current Rank:4.5 ( 5-High 1-Low )

http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/nst/Friday/Sport/20060512084011/Article/index_html

HKRed

The team come out for the Hong Kong FC 7's tournament tomorrow and there are a few names I don't know anything about. The team list is:

Richie Jones
Markus Neumayr (now cancelled)
Philip Marsh
Lee Martin
Danny Simpson
Ebanks-Blake
Tom Heaton
Charlton Davies
Mark Bradley
David McDermott

Any information on who the last three are would be appreciated.

oskarutd

red thru&thru said:
apperently they are going to release Markus Neumayr, tony park any news on that?
Where from is this info? Is there any website for Hong Kong FC 7´s????

red thru&thru

oskarutd said:
Where from is this info? Is there any website for Hong Kong FC 7´s????
wasn't from website i think i read it in the paper.

he is a good technical player but does lack a bit of bite.

but will be very suprising if they did release him