Youth Reports 05/06 & 06/07 & 07/08 seasons

oskarutd

andersj said:
By developed, do you mean more developed physical, right? Because I remember when Blake were about 16-17, he looked like a heavyweight boxer compared to some of his team-mates.

It is obvious that England rate them different than Man Utd.
Well, England. They didnt give Richardson any youth game until last season, even though they are crying out for wingers in the first team. They didn´t give Eagles chance either. So, I do not put too much in to their opinions. Bardsley haven´t either been caped at any level. David Jones has only less than handful of caps and isn´t regular. Enough said.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
David Jones actually has a match for the U21, but lets not forget that he is competing with Reo-Coker. Eagles are competing with Routledge and Lennon for a place in the U21, but he has played games for U17, U18, U19 and U20s.

BezsMaracas

andersj said:
David Jones actually has a match for the U21, but lets not forget that he is competing with Reo-Coker. Eagles are competing with Routledge and Lennon for a place in the U21, but he has played games for U17, U18, U19 and U20s.
there was a thread in the united forum a few weeks ago about this. im convinced that its generally players who get first team football and are more physically developed, no matter what division, that get the chance of playing in the under 21's etc. i think it should be based on raw talent, not just whether they are tall, built up etc... instead we get shite that plays in the first division getting regular games for the england youth, just because they are good enough for a sub-par team, when there are far better players playing reserve football for premiership clubs. its not an easy thing to judge, but the majority of under 21's never make the grade for the first team, and its not really all that surprising.

An Extremely Boring Man

Retired 39,9999 not out
KaiserSoze666 said:
its not an easy thing to judge, but the majority of under 21's never make the grade for the first team, and its not really all that surprising.
I think everyone bar Rooney from wednesday's line-up have represented England U21. Especially players like Robinson, Carragher, Lampard, Cole and King have quite a few U21 caps.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
TonyPark,

Who is this Bryan kiddo? Any good? I've noticed that he has gotten a few chances in the U18, but I can not find any info on him. Do you know how old he is? 1989?

The info you had on Hewson and Chester were great hope you can continue with posts like that.

Must say I am impressed with all the info you have on the players and I hope you do not mind me asking; how do you know all this? Do you follow every match or do you have a son or something?

BezsMaracas

An Extremely Boring Man said:
I think everyone bar Rooney from wednesday's line-up have represented England U21. Especially players like Robinson, Carragher, Lampard, Cole and King have quite a few U21 caps.
they are ones that were playing from a young age in their respective clubs first teams, plus they probably only got the callup after they'd played a few games. its very rare that a player is picked straight from the reserves and into the under 21's, richardson and jones are the only two i can think of at united now. how many other ex-under 21's don't even make it at a decent level? (ie. close to international)

i think i just get annoyed by some of the rubbish that gets picked from division one clubs when its clear they aren't going to make it. why not take the chance on players who are obviously talented instead? surely the youth teams are about priming players for the future rather than just picking those that happen to be playing first team football. plus, most things to do with england annoy me ;)

Danish Wizard

Anyone know what happenede to Matthew Kendrick.??
He played for the England u-16 last season I think, and he apparently played for Manchester United..

oskarutd

Danish Wizard said:
Anyone know what happenede to Matthew Kendrick.??
He played for the England u-16 last season I think, and he apparently played for Manchester United..
He played for the Welsh u-16 and was released.

oskarutd

andersj said:
One or two matches maybe, but they are not regular squad members. That is my point.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
As far as how I get my info...........I am a Youth historian and statistician...a book will be coming out in February/March of every player who has played in the FA Youth Cup from 1952-2003. So I keep very good records.

Tony,

Sounds great. It is good to have someone to add such profoundness to this forum.

I would really like to buy your book, but I live in Norway, do you think it will be possible for me to order it from any website? Have you decided any title?

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
A player named Danny Rose scored for Englands U16 today. It must be "our" Rose, problem is, he is to old....

Anyone know if Welbeck got a chance?

Dubai_Devil

andersj said:
A player named Danny Rose scored for Englands U16 today. It must be "our" Rose, problem is, he is to old....

Anyone know if Welbeck got a chance?
Its a different Danny Rose.

westlife4ever

Anyone knows our squad for those two u18 games? Wolves 3-2 United (24th Sept.), United 1-3 Everton (15th Oct.).

Thanks a lot if anyone could help.

oskarutd

westlife4ever said:
Anyone knows our squad for those two u18 games? Wolves 3-2 United (24th Sept.), United 1-3 Everton (15th Oct.).

Thanks a lot if anyone could help.
Take a look at the newbie Forum, youth thread, there are the answers!

oskarutd

from manutd.com

Wes makes Reserves comeback
20/10/05 10:15 AM

Brown Returns In Rene's Bow

Wes Brown makes his return to action tonight as United's Reserves take on Middlesbrough in Rene Meulensteen's first game as manager.

The Dutchman can immediately steer United to the top of the FA Premier Reserve League with a three-goal win against the visitors, who currently lie three points ahead of the Reds at the table's summit.

Brown partners Jonny Evans in central defence, while Danny Simpson and Adam Eckersley occupy the full-back berths. Luke Steele replaces Tommy Lee in goal.

Darron Gibson misses out, leaving a midfield quartet of Markus Neumayr, David Fox, Richard Jones and Lee Martin. Giuseppe Rossi and Sylvan Ebanks-Blake continue together upfront.

United: Steele, Simpson, Eckersley, J Evans, Brown, Fox, Neumayr, R Jones, Ebanks-Blake, Rossi, Martin.
Substitutes: Lee, Cooper, Marsh, Gray, Shawcross.

Report by Steve Bartram.

By the way, Fifa has split the mikel case in three, the problem between Hauge and Lyn goes to Norwegian FA. The problem between us, Chelsea and the agentfirms goes to the English FA. Rest is delt with by FIFA. Hauge and N FA are best buddies. It´s in the Norwegian papers.

Gabe

Anyone know if Wayne Rooneys' younger brother actually joined United, there were some rumours about that last September- John Rooney, should be about 14 now.

Also I read that Danny Welbeck is playing for the England U16s, he's only 14.

Danish Wizard

Line-up against Blackburn.

Amos, Gray, Lee, Cathcart, Shawcross, C. Evans (Fagan), Mullan, Hewson, Marsh, Campbell, S. Evans. Unused subs: Moran, Norwood

Who is Norwood.?? Haven't heard about him before..

oskarutd

Danish Wizard said:
Who is Norwood.?? Haven't heard about him before..
Oliver, he is a schoolboy. TonyParks had answered your question before you asked.

deltakaye

FFS, why aren't the moderators promoting Tony Park???

Has there ever been a newbie forum dweller that has had so many members clamouring for his promotion?

oskarutd

deltakaye said:
FFS, why aren't the moderators promoting Tony Park???

Has there ever been a newbie forum dweller that has had so many members clamouring for his promotion?
Maybe they don´t like being told what to do?

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
TonyPark,
do you know when Michael Nardiello is born? Kopite claim that he is born in 1986, this can not be right, now can it?

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Thank you, do not understad why you havent been promoted yet.....

Must say I am curious about this incident. What makes Man Utd kick out one of the most talented kids at the club?

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Dave U claims to have contacted a close friend of Nardiello who agains claims that Nardiello has never been in any fight at Man Utd. Though I find this hard to believe if TonyPark says otherwise?

Dubai_Devil

andersj said:
Dave U claims to have contacted a close friend of Nardiello who agains claims that Nardiello has never been in any fight at Man Utd. Though I find this hard to believe if TonyPark says otherwise?
I also heard that he punched one of the other United players.

miah

Thanks GeorgeIrwell and TonyPark for the infos on the 3 Eckersleys and info on Phil Picken.

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
Nardiello

FYI

Just to confirm, I always thought that Nardiello left because Liverpool offered him a much better deal than United. That is, a first year scholarship. The fighting incident was reported on this forum some threads back and I was referring to it.

He has loads of potential anyway.........let's hope its not a case of the one who got away!

oskarutd

TonyPark said:
FYI

Just to confirm, I always thought that Nardiello left because Liverpool offered him a much better deal than United. That is, a first year scholarship. The fighting incident was reported on this forum some threads back and I was referring to it.

He has loads of potential anyway.........let's hope its not a case of the one who got away!
Welcome!

oskarutd

The FA !

Ben Amos is playing with the u-17s in a tournement. There is no United representive in the new u-16, u-18 and u-19. So, they think our youth system isn´t good enough? What is wrong with theese guys?

Mr. MUJAC

The FA

As I have mentioned before....its a lot to do with politics....there a a number of United players who have gone through the system recently....Fox and Johnson (but no David Jones!!!!), Richie Jones and Tom Heaton (no Adam Eckersley, Phil Bardsley) Fraser Campbell and Jamie Mullan (but no Kieran Lee, Danny Simpson, Micheal Lea and so on)

The FA will only give United players so many places........

Mr. MUJAC

Youth Update

FYI

United under 18 defeated a Canadian Youth X1 2-0 at the Cliff this morning.

Line up: Zieler, Cathcart, Lee, J. Evans (c), Shawcross, Gibson, Mullan, Hewson, Gray, Campbell, S. Evans Subs: Simpson (3), Marsh (10), C. Evans (9), Fagan (8)

Kieran Lee came back on for S. Evans in the 67th minute

Scorers in the second half were J. Evans and Marsh

More info to follow....

oskarutd

TonyPark said:
As I have mentioned before....its a lot to do with politics....there a a number of United players who have gone through the system recently....Fox and Johnson (but no David Jones!!!!), Richie Jones and Tom Heaton (no Adam Eckersley, Phil Bardsley) Fraser Campbell and Jamie Mullan (but no Kieran Lee, Danny Simpson, Micheal Lea and so on)

The FA will only give United players so many places........
True, but so stupid.
Actually Bardsley should be with David Jones (same age and Fox is a year older), although Jones played some schoolboy games for Wales if I remember correctly. Sims, Lawrence and Poole of the same agegroup also got matches for England.
Adam Eckersley played some schoolboy games for England. Also Asley Parillon who was promising. What became of him?