Youth Reports 05/06 & 06/07 & 07/08 seasons

deltakaye

oskarutd said:
True, but so stupid.
Actually Bardsley should be with David Jones (same age and Fox is a year older),
Bardsley's born 1985, a year younger than David Jones

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
Youth Update

FYI

I know I was out with exact years...just trying to make the point about inconsistency with international appearances.....

I referred to Bardo and Jonah as they were in the same youth team..along with Eddie Johnson......it seems that if your face fits then you're in.....

For example........Foxy played at every level...yet clearly he is not in the same class as others....

Interestingly...Gary Neville didn't win any schoolboy or youth caps yet Phil did.

The people at Carrington have specifically told me....."we would rather England leave us alone, they either dont play them, they get injured, or the training tactics confuse them versus those at United...."

Clearly United are not that arsed about youth representation......

The players and parents are chuffed.....but United pay the wages!!!!

Lee Sims told me that he was 'stopped' from trying out at local representattive as it would hamper his career at United....

Club vs Country at 14...........

More info to follow....

deltakaye

Great to see TonyPark finally promoted. It was a pain having to refer the questions on this forum to the answers he provided in the newbie forum.

TonyPark said:
FYI
Interestingly...Gary Neville didn't win any schoolboy or youth caps yet Phil did.
I remember quite specifically Gary Neville playing alongside Chris Casper, Sol Campbell, Robbie Fowler, Nicky Butt, Kevin Gallen for some England Youth team which won - my memory fades here - the European Championship, a team which Spurs' Darren Caskey capped.

That memory sticks because I found it odd that G.Nev was playing right-back for England youth because from what little information I had gleaned back then (1992? 1993?), he had been playing centre-back for United's youth teams.

Gabe

TonyPark do you know if Wayne Rooneys' younger brother joined the academy, that was the rumour a year ago.
Said to be a very good prospect.

Dubai_Devil

And also what about that Daniel Rowe who was supposed to be the next big thing.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
hey, tony. how's that rooney/rowe info-search coming along? also; do you know who replaced/will replace rene mulensteen as coach for the younger kids?

great to see you got your promotion. now i never have to go into the newbie-forum ever again!

Danish Wizard

Elliott said:
hey, tony. how's that rooney/rowe info-search coming along? also; do you know who replaced/will replace rene mulensteen as coach for the younger kids?

great to see you got your promotion. now i never have to go into the newbie-forum ever again!
I thought rene meulensteen would keep the job with the kids, along with the reserve team..

Mr. MUJAC

Rooney/Rowe

FYI

John Rooney never came to United although there was lots of talk at the time...Daniel Rowe came to United a few years ago from Preston North End but has since left the club....

I need to confirm both of these....

Febien Brandy and Aaron Burns are both walking.....in fact Brandy is already working out on a step machine

Michael Lea will be back in a couple of weeks

Lee Martin is up and about but has a massive bruise on his back

Oliver Norwood, Danny Welbeck and Strickland are all on standby

More info to follow......

Mr. MUJAC

Reserves

FYI

United's reserves lost 1-5 to Oldham Athletic at Boundary Park tonight, in the final Manchester Senior Cup tie.

United played their under 18 side and were up against a strong experienced Oldham team that included a number of first team players.

However, it looks as though United will still reach the final towards teh end of the season.

Team: T. Lee, Cathcart, K. Lee, J. Evans, Shawcross, Gibson, Mullan, Hewson, Gray, Campbell, S. Evans Subs: Simpson, Zieler, Marsh, Fagan (J. Evans), C. Evans (Hewson)

Campbell scored United's equaliser in the first half

More info to follow....

The Wizard

Tony,

You're a goldmine of information! I'm delight to see you are finally promoted, welcome aboard!

oskarutd

TonyPark said:
Oliver Norwood, Danny Welbeck and Strickland are all on standby

What are they on standby for? What is Stricklands Christian name and position?
I saw an article for a tournement that in that Manchester United age team were John Rooney and he was the star player.

deltakaye

I'd like to know how old (birthdate year) Norwood, Wellbeck, and Strickland are, and what position do they play.

Would be good also if anybody can help me find out what are the birthdates (at least year of birth) of James Derbyshire and Ben Amos.

oskarutd

Does anyone know more about theese United players (except Norwood): Niki-Lee Bulmer, Reece Brown, Sam Illingworth, Gary McMaster, Keil O'Brien, Brad Byrne, Jason Lampkin, Justin Pickering, Oliver Norwood, Nicholas Ajose, Michael Potts y William Mellor.
source

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
nice to hear brandy is recovering quickly. if he's already on the stair-master, i guess he could be back kicking a ball 'round christmas or thereabout. or am i way off here? anyways; like blake, this'll only make brandy and burns mentally stronger and more appreciative of what they've got. got a feeling they just might end this difficult season lifting the youth cup

Mr. MUJAC

oskarutd said:
What are they on standby for? What is Stricklands Christian name and position?
I saw an article for a tournement that in that Manchester United age team were John Rooney and he was the star player.
Need to check all this out Oskar......the three players are all on standby for England's Schools match against Northern Ireland on Thursday.....

Haven't heard of most of the younger players you have mentioned...let me check things out.....

TP

Mr. MUJAC

deltakaye said:
I'd like to know how old (birthdate year) Norwood, Wellbeck, and Strickland are, and what position do they play.

Would be good also if anybody can help me find out what are the birthdates (at least year of birth) of James Derbyshire and Ben Amos.

Delta, Derbyshire and Amos are 1990 but let me double check......The other lads are all under 15's and trying to get info is tougher...........

deltakaye

oskarutd said:
Does anyone know more about theese United players (except Norwood): Niki-Lee Bulmer, Reece Brown, Sam Illingworth, Gary McMaster, Keil O'Brien, Brad Byrne, Jason Lampkin, Justin Pickering, Oliver Norwood, Nicholas Ajose, Michael Potts y William Mellor.
source
I got the same line-up from a Malaga website [source ]. I think that Reece Brown is Wesley Brown's brother [source ]. If that Manchester Online article is correct, he should be born 1991 or 1992. A bit worrying though that Reece is quoted saying "After Wes, my favourite player is Dennis Bergkamp of Arsenal, who are my favourite team.'' :nono:

Mr. MUJAC

Youth Players

FYI

This is what I have found out.......

Nicholas Ojose - comes from the Haslingden area
Gary McMaster - played for Langworthy Juniors in the Salford Junior League
Keil O'Brien - played for Reddish Vulcans in the Stockport Junior League
Sam Illingworth - comes from the Ormskirk area
Brad Byrne - not sure but may have played for Heathway Youth in the Central Warwickshire Youth League....need to double check!

Richter

Hairy big footed Swede
Reece Brown about his brother Wes Brown

"''He's good, but he scores too many own goals,'' :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jacuzzi

The Wizard said:
Tony,

You're a goldmine of information! I'm delight to see you are finally promoted, welcome aboard!
Seconded - you've set this "thread" on fire! Much appreciated, as is everyone's output here.

oskarutd

William Mellor, might he be Thomas Mellors brother? He was on the u-15 Nike Manchester United Premier Cup team.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
oskarutd said:
William Mellor, might he be Thomas Mellors brother? He was on the u-15 Nike Manchester United Premier Cup team.
as long as they've got nuffin to do with neil i'll be happy

oskarutd

Elliott said:
as long as they've got nuffin to do with neil i'll be happy
A very reliable source told me that they are both cloned from him, other than that they have nothing to do with him. So you´ll be happy.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
Tony (or anyone else for that matter) how is david grey coming along? I am always interested as one of my ex's lived not far from him.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
He hasn't had an album out for a while, and in any case he's a cockbiscuit.

You're welcome.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
sincher said:
He hasn't had an album out for a while, and in any case he's a cockbiscuit.

You're welcome.
:lol: really should pay more attention to what i am typing.

thanks mate.

Mr. MUJAC

SmashedHombre said:
Tony (or anyone else for that matter) how is david grey coming along? I am always interested as one of my ex's lived not far from him.

He is playing regularly for the under 18 side and has captained then recently.....usually plays at centre-forward but had also turned out at right back.....he should be in our FA Youth Cup side this season.....strong on the ball and very direct....needs to score more goals however.....

Hope this helps.....

Mr. MUJAC

United's Reserves

FYI

United reserves defeated Wigan Athletic 2-1 at Hyde United this evening. Two Sylvan Ebanks-Blake goals either side of a Wigan equaliser sealed the points for United. United now go top of the Barclays Reserve League with a game in hand.

After a tough first half which saw United dominate but not test the keeper...the teams went into the break at 0-0. In the second half United were still on top and a fine run by Danny Simpson set up Blake for the first goal. Both sides managed to play good football in very difficult conditions. And it was the wet blustery weather that allowed the Wigan keeper to score direct from a kick, which bounced over Tim Howards head and into the net. However, United soon got back on top and a superb through ball by Markus Neumayr set up Blake for his second which he slipped passed the keeper. It was a fine team performance.....but special mention must be given to Jon Evans, Adam Eckersley and Danny Simpson who were brilliant in defence. In midfield, Richie Jones had a blinder and the two forwards worked hard.

A very, very, good game........joy to watch!

Team: Howard, Simpson, Eckersley, J. Evans, Pique, Fox, Neumayr, R. Jones, Ebanks-Blake, Rossi, Martin Subs: Cooper (9), Steele, Gibson (5), Marsh (7)

Interestingly....the teamsheet had Liam Miller down to play...but he has joined Leeds United on loan today.

Mr. MUJAC

Youth Update

More news.....

Corry Evans scored the winner for Northern Ireland in the last minute of the Victory Shield international against England at Chester. His winner helped Northern Ireland to their first ever victory on English soil at this level.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Great Tony, said it before (at least thought it) say it again; finally someone with insight!

Though my english are not that great and I am wondering about this sentence:

"In midfield, Richie Jones had a blinder and the two forwards worked hard."

Blinder, hm, now that is and expression I've never heard before. Positive or negative? Can imagine that it meant that he were a bit selfish?

Mr. MUJAC

andersj said:
Great Tony, said it before (at least thought it) say it again; finally someone with insight!

Though my english are not that great and I am wondering about this sentence:

"In midfield, Richie Jones had a blinder and the two forwards worked hard."

Blinder, hm, now that is and expression I've never heard before. Positive or negative? Can imagine that it meant that he were a bit selfish?
Sorry Anders........'blinder' in English jargon means he had a great game....'played out of his skin'......he is definitely not selfish....hard tackling ball winner, can mix it, but likes to play the simple ball....

I went to Zurich to watch him in the Blue Stars Tournament in Zurich in May and he was excellent for someone so young.....

Has a big future..