Youth Reports

skeeta

Yet another rambling idiot
The only way that youth development in England will improve is if clubs invest heavily on scouting the best players, improve the way we train these players and then have managers in charge who have the job security and the confidence to play thses players regardless of results in the early stages.

feck

I'm here, in front of the computer ..... duhhh sto
Pontins vs. Carlisle @ Hyde. Lost 1-4. Neumayr freekick from wide out on United left, tight angle, not sure what their keeper was thinking. 1-0. Equalised before halftime. Carlisle got 3 more in the second period. Their centre forward, Murray, got the first 3. They outplayed us and thoroughly deserved the victory.

United:- T. Lee; Bardsley (capt), Pique, N'Galula, Picken; Neumayr, Hogg, Fox, Martin; Cooper, Marsh

Subs:- Heath (for Marsh), Eagles (for N'Galula), Rossi (for Martin)

Subs not used:- Heaton, R. Jones

Keilyn27

who's the bigger muppet - ostrich or chicken littl
U-13s win inaugural Malveira Int'l Football Tourny (Portugal)

Utd triumphed in the 3-day tourny held by Athletical Malveira, other competing teams included Sporting and Porto.

Results:

Athletical Malveira 0 Utd 6
Sporting 0 Porto 3

Utd 5 Porto 0
Athletical Malveira 0 Sporting 5

Porto 7 Athletical Malveira 0
Sporting 0 Utd 2

More info: http://www.manutdportugal.com/principal.htm It's all in Portuguese so happy translating, seems like the kids were deadly on the counter-attack.

Team photo taken by the Utd support

More shots here http://www.manutdportugal.com/especial7.htm

oskarutd

Manchester United Portugal I International Tournament Childlike Soccer of the Malveira

The Athletic Club of the Malveira organizes for the first time his Tournament International Childlike Soccer and to our equip Sub-13 of the Manchester United, led by the north technician Tommy THE' Neill accepted the invitation for be dislocated to Portugal in the end of the present month. The tournament carries out-itself in the near days 29, 30 April and 1 May in the Malveira, more necessarily in the Stadium of the Seixas, estate of the club organizer. For the tournament already are confirmed the presences of the Manchester United, of the Sporting Club of Portugal, of the Soccer Club of the Port and of the equip of home, the Athletic Club of the Malveira.

Man Utd Sporting CP FC Athletic Port Malveira

As it happened in 2003, when to equip of backups and to equip of sub-17 visited our country for participate in identical tournaments, the Manchester United Portugal is going to help in the organization for provide to better possible stay to the comitiva of the our club. The MUP expects to ally herself to the organization of the tournament in the near days, giving like this continuity to the accompaniment of them you equip of our club whenever they visit the our country.

As usual it happens, the entrances for the games are free and the Manchester United Portugal expects to captivate some associated and fans for will watch to the meetings with the elements of the group of work MUP. In this moment the group of work already began the preparativos of the gigantic streaks and of the flags that will cause to the stadium of the Seixas expecting that the true fans of the club join us for some well past hours.

Inside the near days, this section is going to present the complete schedules of the games as well like, information detailed about the dislocations of the MUP to the Malveira, schedules and localities of meeting. As usual it happens, the MUP disponibiliza always way of him associated and fans will be able to dislocate itself to the games from Lisbon, local where in principle will happen the concentrations. Available cars exist always for transport them associated.

This is an unique opportunity for the true fans of the Manchester United will be able to live together with the stars of tomorrow and with all the staff technical that will travel for Portugal. They are habitual you converse them with the technicians and players of the equip as well like sections of pictures and handwritten. To big star of the equip of Sub-13 of our club is John Rooney, brother more new of the known star of the main step Wayne Rooney.

Than expects for you will join us? It sends an and-mail for the habitual address of the MUP manutd@manutdportugal.com and joint you to the group or asks more information about the event. Also you are able to contactar the President MUP, Ricardo "ManchesterFan" Brave através of the telephones 219943102 or 966650744. We count with you for one of of peculiar and well past with the elements of the Manchester United. Joint you to us and we go everybody support our one Manchester United.

It programs Tournament Malveira

Day 29-04-2005 Friday

Athletic Malveira x Manchester United, 20:30h Sporting CP x FC Port, 21:30h

Day 30-04-2005 Saturday

Manchester United x FC Port, 17:30h Athletic Malveira x Sporting CP, 18:30h

Day 01-05-2005 Sunday

FC Port x Athletic Malveira, 10:00h Sporting CP x Manchester United, 11:00h

oskarutd

1-05-2005 - Spring: www.manutdportugal.com Young of the Manchester United defeat I Childlike International Tournament
of the Malveira

It stayed this morning confirmed that the youths of the Manchester United defeated the I Childlike International Tournament of the Malveira. After a strong and easy victory in the journey inaugural facing the equip of home for 0-6, our youths fought arduamente for lead of defeated the FC Port in the Monday journey, surpassing to equip of the north of the country for 5-0. For the final journey was guarded the big one Sporting CP x Manchester United that would go defined the winner of the tournament. To the contrary one than had happened us two games past, to equip led by Mark Dempsey and Tony Whelan looked tired and without the necessary physical freshness for defeat to fast equip of the Sporting CP. In the however, after an intial domain of the equip of Lisbon, the Manchester United balanced you count them in the second time marking two golos in counterattack when the Sporting CP more tried the golo. To equip of Lisbon still led a ball to the beam but the Manchester United would end up defeat and conquering him aspired to trophy. The third place of the test was occupied by the FC Port after beat the Athletic one Malveira for 7-0. During the three days of the tournament were diverse them associated, friends and fans of the MUP that were dislocated to the Malveira accompanying to equal and pace everything what was passed in the lawn. Many they were the streaks and flags put, pictures removed, diverse you converse with the technicians and young players and a huge envolvement of our club of fans in the welcome and support to the club during all the tournament. With so much emotion and I lean of our club, the Manchester United promised to come back for the year for defend the trophy conquered this epoch. Right away stayed the connections for the pictures of the tournament as well like the results and final classification.

More Information about the Tournament Malveira Exclusive Pictures about the Tournament Malveira

Day 29-04-2005 Athletic Friday Malveira x Manchester United 0-6 Sporting CP x FC Port 3-0

Day 30-04-2005 Saturday Manchester United x FC Port Athletic 5-0 Malveira x Sporting CP 0-5

Day 01-05-2005 Sunday FC Port x Athletic Malveira 7-0 Sporting CP x Manchester United 0-2

Final classification Manchester United 9 Pts Sporting CP 6 Pts FC Port 3 Pts Athletic Malveira 0 Pts

The Wizard

Can anyonw tell me which of the lads in the picture about is "John Rooney"?

I was told he had signed for out youths soon after Wayne did, but I hear a few Blues mention that he's still there at Everton...

Anyonw know for definate if he's signed for United and if he was infact at the tournament?

wancolos

Diarrhetic homosexual- likes to beat Noggies with
# 2 from the upper right could look a bit like Wayne Rooney...

Dubai_Devil

Number7 said:
pontins reserves won 3-1 today
Scorers: Saha, Fox and D. Jones
Nice one, that was the Pontins cup final against Sheffield Wednesday I take it. Thats three trophies and counting now. Nice to see Saha getting back.

Number7

Ret's Slave
Reserves Win Pontins Cup
http://www.sportnetwork.net/main/s237/st72262.htm?fromrss=1
Manchester United Res 3
Saha 38
Fox 74
D. Jones 83

Sheffield Wednesday Res 1
Spurr 31

Manchester United's Reserves continued their excellent season with a comprehensive 3-1 win over Sheffield Wednesday's second-string to secure the Pontins League Cup.

This accolade caps off United's double League success, an achievement deemed as 'absolutely fantastic' by impressed senior boss Sir Alex Ferguson.

United included Spaniard Ricardo in-between the sticks, Republic of Ireland international Liam Miller in midfield to support a strike-force worth £15 million, David Bellion and Louis Saha.

Despite suffering an early set-back, United's second-half display proved too much for Wednesday.

Owls midfielder Lewis McMahon was brought down on the edge of the box on the half-hour mark and the subsequent free-kick allowed Spurr to head home past Ricardo. Winger Richard Evans' delightful set-piece was well converted by youngster Spurr.

United hit back in minutes as David Fox's surging run released Louis Saha to tap home into an empty net.

After the break, United stepped up the tempo and twice hit the post through David Bellion and Ben Collett.

Evans proved tireless down the left-wing, teeing up recent striking acquisition Corr, who narrowly headed wide.

Wednesday took a major blow on the 74th minute as the Red Devils took the lead. Fox's header proved too much of a challenge for goalkeeper David Lucas.

David Jones delivered the final nail in the coffin by drilling home 7 minutes from time.

Final Score: Manchester United Res 3 - 1 Sheffield Wednesday
Att: 2,953

Manchester United: Ricardo; Ngalula, Bardsley, McShane, Lawrence; Poole (D.Jones 75), Fox, Miller, Collett (Calliste 72); Saha, Bellion.
Substitutes Not Used: Neumayr, Lee, R.Jones.

Sheffield Wednesday: Lucas; Broadbent, McArdle, Spurr, Greenwood; Reet, McMahon, Needham (Ellis 87), McAllister (Thorpe 68), Evans; Corr. Substitutes Not Used: Brackenridge, Kirby, Fores-Chambers.

RedPhil1957

Number7 said:
Reserves Win Pontins Cup
http://www.sportnetwork.net/main/s237/st72262.htm?fromrss=1
Manchester United Res 3
Saha 38
Fox 74
D. Jones 83

Sheffield Wednesday Res 1
Spurr 31

Manchester United's Reserves continued their excellent season with a comprehensive 3-1 win over Sheffield Wednesday's second-string to secure the Pontins League Cup.

This accolade caps off United's double League success, an achievement deemed as 'absolutely fantastic' by impressed senior boss Sir Alex Ferguson.

United included Spaniard Ricardo in-between the sticks, Republic of Ireland international Liam Miller in midfield to support a strike-force worth £15 million, David Bellion and Louis Saha.

Despite suffering an early set-back, United's second-half display proved too much for Wednesday.

Owls midfielder Lewis McMahon was brought down on the edge of the box on the half-hour mark and the subsequent free-kick allowed Spurr to head home past Ricardo. Winger Richard Evans' delightful set-piece was well converted by youngster Spurr.

United hit back in minutes as David Fox's surging run released Louis Saha to tap home into an empty net.

After the break, United stepped up the tempo and twice hit the post through David Bellion and Ben Collett.

Evans proved tireless down the left-wing, teeing up recent striking acquisition Corr, who narrowly headed wide.

Wednesday took a major blow on the 74th minute as the Red Devils took the lead. Fox's header proved too much of a challenge for goalkeeper David Lucas.

David Jones delivered the final nail in the coffin by drilling home 7 minutes from time.

Final Score: Manchester United Res 3 - 1 Sheffield Wednesday
Att: 2,953

Manchester United: Ricardo; Ngalula, Bardsley, McShane, Lawrence; Poole (D.Jones 75), Fox, Miller, Collett (Calliste 72); Saha, Bellion.
Substitutes Not Used: Neumayr, Lee, R.Jones.

Sheffield Wednesday: Lucas; Broadbent, McArdle, Spurr, Greenwood; Reet, McMahon, Needham (Ellis 87), McAllister (Thorpe 68), Evans; Corr. Substitutes Not Used: Brackenridge, Kirby, Fores-Chambers.

The Wednesday kids ran themselves into the ground and did really well, mom was Fox ----- Bellion, Ngalula, Lawrence and Bardsley all did well.The only disapointment to me was Miller who while quite good on the ball got caught in possession on a number of occasions by the hard working Wednesday players. Ricardo was as usual very confident in goal and he could teach both Howard and Carrol a bit about distribution.
Jones came on for last 15 minutes and again looked class with a great goal.

The Wizard

wancolos said:
# 2 from the upper right could look a bit like Wayne Rooney...
Cheers for the effort Wancolos...

Anyone know for sure if John Rooney is playing for our Academy?

deltakaye

A gem of a post in the newbie forum - very revealing about the way Dong is being handled in Antwerp. Posted, appropriately enough by "antwerp1880":

Dong on tour
What a pity I can't reply on one of the threads in the 'big forum'. According to what I have read about Dong Fanghzou at Antwerp and about Dong going on tour to Asia together with the first Manchester team, Dong is just a commercial product to sell more Manchester-shirts in China.
I don't agree. I know he never will be a player in the first team, that's obvious. But if this guy should have been properly coached and guided, he could have been a valuable player for a team in the second division, not more, not less.
But he was dropped in Antwerp, didn't speak a word of English, Dutch or French. And according to my information, it is still so. There have been attempts to integrate him, together with all the other 30.000 different nationalities at Antwerp FC, but it still remains a mess.
Lucky for Dong, the is a China Town in Antwerp city, so he can communicate a little bit with other Chinese citizens but not with the other players, staff and fans.
Just a small example of his debut at Antwerp ; he entered his first game as a substitute and came on the grounds with the wrong shirt (only after 2 minutes, it was seen by the ref and the Antwerp-staff - I have to admit it says a lot about Belgian football... but Dong couldn.t even read it's own name).
A few weeks ago, he was substituted and while leaving the football-grounds, he was saluting the opposite-fans, thinking they were his fans, because he believed they were cheering, not understanding that they were shouting some bad things...
I only want to say, that Dong has some capacities but it's a big mistake to get those guys from all over the world to Europe without setting up an integration programm. I think Manchester should invest in that, not Antwerp, because we don't have the money to do so. Then you don't have to say afterwards, ooh it's only a commercial product... He still remains a living person, not a ''it'
R Antwerp FC, nr 1 in Belgium since 1880 - 125 years of glory

~~~~~~~~~[End quote]

This Antwerp project isn't going too well is it? The best achievement so far I would say is that it gave John O'Shea an early first team run before his sparkling 2002-03 season (a distant memory nowadays).

If Gomez, Mamam and Dong can't hack it for a team in the Belgian 2nd division, they're not going to be anywhere near MUQ.

Wonder when Rincon is due to arrive from Sao Paulo, and will he be loaned out first?

Dubai_Devil

deltakaye said:
Wonder when Rincon is due to arrive from Sao Paulo, and will he be loaned out first?
From what I understand he is joining Sporting Lisbon on loan next season.

ruudvantastic

Michel04 said:
never heard of rincon, does anyone have more infos about him?
Not much info on him I'm afraid. I do remember when we signed him though. It was about the same time as we struck up the deals with Sao Paulo and Sporting Lisbon. He came from Sao Paulo and has stayed there on loan with the intention of joining Sporting on loan next season before he joins United. I don't even know what position he plays, if he is actually any good etc though....

deltakaye

i have no idea where you guys got this central defender or RB/midfield stuff about Rincon from. I've been googling Rincon (and his real name) on and off and all i've ever got were vague news reports describing him alternately as a defender and/or midfielder.
Any links for your info?

Keilyn27

who's the bigger muppet - ostrich or chicken littl
deltakaye said:
i have no idea where you guys got this central defender or RB/midfield stuff about Rincon from. I've been googling Rincon (and his real name) on and off and all i've ever got were vague news reports describing him alternately as a defender and/or midfielder.
Any links for your info?
Rincon's been mentioned as a RB on several occasions, you should be able to find them by searching through the old threads. There've been reports that claimed he can play in midfield as well, I'm not sure how accurate they're though.

On Sao Paulo's official site, he's listed as a fullback in the U-20s http://www.saopaulofc.net/english/1.asp?PLC_map_001_c=03.02.01

deltakaye

cheers keilyn27. Most brazilian full-backs tend to be particularly adept at overlapping/attacking, so it's nice to fantasise Rincon as a Cafu/Robert Carlos at best, or Silvinho at worst :P

now to figure out which flank he's on....

oskarutd

deltakaye said:
cheers keilyn27. Most brazilian full-backs tend to be particularly adept at overlapping/attacking, so it's nice to fantasise Rincon as a Cafu/Robert Carlos at best, or Silvinho at worst :P

now to figure out which flank he's on....
Rincon is right back or right midfielder. Came out when he was signed.

mista john

deltakaye said:
Then you don't have to say afterwards, ooh it's only a commercial product... He still remains a living person, not a ''it'
R Antwerp FC, nr 1 in Belgium since 1880 - 125 years of glory

~~~~~~~~~[End quote]

This Antwerp project isn't going too well is it? The best achievement so far I would say is that it gave John O'Shea an early first team run before his sparkling 2002-03 season (a distant memory nowadays).

If Gomez, Mamam and Dong can't hack it for a team in the Belgian 2nd division, they're not going to be anywhere near MUQ.
Interesting stuff from the Antwerp fan, it doesn't surprise me totally. I did speak to some of the Antwerp people when Dong arrived and I believe that part of the contract was that he learnt English, which is more or less the "common language" in the Antwerp dressing room.

As for the latest news. Antwerp today qualified for the second division play-offs, mainly by other teams losing. On the positive side, Arther Gomez scored his fourth goal in four games - which is promising. He used to lack confidence so maybe he is finding it. Dong has missed last four games with an ankle injury but I believe he will tour China with a United squad in the summer. Souleymane Mamam has not featured recently and seems not to figure in coach Van Acker's plans. I will send news of play-offs as they go ....

On the "overall Antwerp front", it's a disaster. Started well with Higginbotham, Wallwork, Chadwick and O'Shea making an impact. Since then nothing. The kids who have come over have either been poor, arrogant, ignored or uninterested. It's going nowhere. It's not been helped with Antwerp having about five coaches since Van Acker left. He was in charge from 1998 - 2002 approx and was there for the start of the arrangement. He seemed to have a good rapport with the United staff. Since then nothing. Van Acker has now returned after spell in Austria. We will see ......

oskarutd

mista john said:
On the "overall Antwerp front", it's a disaster. Started well with Higginbotham, Wallwork, Chadwick and O'Shea making an impact. Since then nothing. The kids who have come over have either been poor, arrogant, ignored or uninterested. It's going nowhere. It's not been helped with Antwerp having about five coaches since Van Acker left. He was in charge from 1998 - 2002 approx and was there for the start of the arrangement. He seemed to have a good rapport with the United staff. Since then nothing. Van Acker has now returned after spell in Austria. We will see ......
Eddie Johnson did well, Bardsley was unlucky with injuries.

Wasn´t Maman injured?

mista john

oskarutd said:
Eddie Johnson did well, Bardsley was unlucky with injuries.

Wasn´t Maman injured?
Good point. I forgot those two. Unfortunately they came late in the season so their impact on the club was not great (Antwerp relegated) - especially as both suffered injuries. I saw them both play and they both looked good, esp. Bardsley.

Re Maman, I think he was injured last week but he has not played in first team since April 10.

miah

Rossi And Blake Have Bright Futures - Ferguson

Rossi Tipped For A Bright Future

Giuseppe Rossi and Sylvan Blake both have bright futures in the game, according to Sir Alex Ferguson, after the two teenagers were handed Player of the Year awards.

Forwards Rossi, 18, and Blake, 19, formed a clinical partnership in the Reserves this season, scoring 33 goals between them as the Reds clinched the Pontin's and Premier Reserve League titles.

Rossi, who joined from Parma in the summer, won the Jimmy Murphy Young Player of the Year award after some superb performances for the Reds' second string.

Ferguson predicts the diminutive Italian has an exciting career ahead of him at Old Trafford.

He said: "I am very pleased with Rossi. He is a young lad who came from Italy and he has settled in and performed at a high level, especially when he has been introduced into the first team.

"He handled being brought into the Carling Cup games and I am delighted that he has received the award.

"Rossi can look forward to a terrific career," the Reds boss told ManUtd.com.

19-year-old United forward Blake has been awarded Reserve Player of the Year.

Blake, who suffered a broken leg in February which prematurely ended his season, is a graduate of United's 2003 FA Youth Cup-winning side.

The Denzil Haroun Reserve Player of the Year trophy is just reward for polishing the edges to his game in a season that saw him hit 15 league goals.

"He is a great testament to youth development at Manchester United," Sir Alex said of Blake.

"He was a young boy with raw talent when he first arrived and he has become a great forward.

"He was unlucky when he got a bad break mid-season but he'll be back next year. He can take encouragement from this award, he truly deserves it."

Blake and Rossi helped the Reds to the Pontin's Holiday League and Premier Reserve League titles as well as the Pontin's League Cup during a highly-successful campaign for the second string.

Rossi scored four goals in the Pontin's League and 13 for the Premier Reserves, while Blake hit four and 11 in the respective leagues.

Report by Ben Hibbs from manutd official website

RedPhil1957

With the Glazier takeover happening on the same day the great performance of the reserves beating Charlton, the southern champions, seemed to have gone unnoticed. A great hat trick by Rossi and a Jones free kick were the United goalscorers in a 4-2 victory making us the top reserve side in England. Charlton had won the southern division for the 2nd year running with Arsenal reserves well behind in 2nd place and Chelsea 6th.

Dubai_Devil

Yeah Phil there was a match thread in the United forum the other day but it seems to have been push off the first page now because of all the Glazer stuff. There are some pictures on it too if you're interested.

Penny

Glazer get to a after drink brawl with Shittu, bot
Eddie Johnson & Blake, who do you think should be the 6th striker nxt season?
I said 6th 'cos I would think it's quite confirmed that Bellion is 5th .. actually we could think of operating him in wing postition ..
By the way, hasn't heard abt Johnson for a long long time now ..

H10

Huseyin 10
Penny said:
I said 6th 'cos I would think it's quite confirmed that Bellion is 5th .. actually we could think of operating him in wing postition ..
how did his loan at coventry go? and what about rossi!!

Dubai_Devil

Penny said:
Johnson is not going to make it at United and Blake is young and recovering from a broken leg right now. Bellion is rubbish, the best part of him is his pace and finishing, and out wide he would just be a wasted position. Rossi is probably the closest forward we have in the reserves but even he is not ready for the first team. Also Ole will hopefully be back next season and why the feck do we need 6 first team strikers?

H10

Huseyin 10
Dubai_Devil said:
Johnson is not going to make it at United and Blake is young and recovering from a broken leg right now. Bellion is rubbish, the best part of him is his pace and finishing, and out wide he would just be a wasted position. Rossi is probably the closest forward we have in the reserves but even he is not ready for the first team. Also Ole will hopefully be back next season and why the feck do we need 6 first team strikers?
beacuse they keep getting injured! or suspended!

quiet_united

Vietnamese Red
i'm looking for more info from a guy cal Sebsatian or Sebustian Beckett from our U17, but couldnt find it anywhere, can anyone help me ?

oskarutd

quiet_united said:
i'm looking for more info from a guy cal Sebsatian or Sebustian Beckett from our U17, but couldnt find it anywhere, can anyone help me ?
He left last year, I think he went to city.