Youth Reports

redfan

It's not the colour of your shirt that counts, it'
Mozza said:
Hes been ready for a year, its said hes too small, but if your good enough it does not matter. He should play next to Keane in the next league game and allowed to sink or swim, its the only way to tell if hes good enough.
To bring Jones in to early would be mistake, he is on the small side and needs a little more weight. Maybe leave him for the first half of next season and then introduce him to the bench where he can get the feel of first team football. The occasional run out as a sub would blood him nicely also League Cup matches will give us a better idea of his talent at the higher level.

oskarutd

Antwerp news

At last they won.
0-2, Dong and Gomez scored.
Dong was replaced after 21 min by Gomez.
Maman was not to be seen.

oskarutd

jatin said:
but none of them made it here so it is kinda shitty
They became alot better players over there. But there are no guaranties. Also there are premiership players, except Chadwick, but he might still become one.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
red thru&thru said:
maybe he's the one that was seen at uniteds training ground then!

would you know what he looks like?
i've seen a few pics of him, and if memory serves me right it defo might have been him

soccerbest

Man Utd crowned reserve champions

FA Premier Reserve League
Manchester United 3
Wolverhampton Wanderers 0
Old Trafford, Manchester

Manchester United are champions of the Barclays FA Premier Reserve League North after beating Wolves at Old Trafford.

The comfortable victory, twinned with the 3-1 defeat of nearest rivals Manchester City at bottom-placed Nottingham Forest, gives United their second Reserves title of the season.

The tie was switched to Old Trafford due to a waterlogged pitch at Altrincham's Moss Lane, and United began the game brightly.

David Bellion raced clear after seven minutes before coolly slotting home after skipper David Jones' fine through ball.

Jones then doubled the hosts' lead 13 minutes later, rounding the Wolves keeper before eventually firing into the empty net.

The two scorers combined again just before the hour mark to confirm the result, as Bellion once more raced onto a Jones through-ball before clipping home with great aplomb.

Substitute Phil Bardsley had a goal harshly ruled out for offside shortly after Bellion's second strike as the Champions eased through the final half hour.

Having already wrapped up the Pontin's League title, the Reds can now look forward to cup finals against Manchester City and Sheffield Wednesday in the coming weeks.

They will also face Southern FAPRL champions Charlton in a play-off to determine the country's best reserve side.

United team: Heaton, Picken, Lawrence, Evans (Bardsley, 46), McShane, Miller (Fox, 60), Bellion, D Jones, Heath, Rossi, Martin (Marsh, 67).
Subs not used: Lee, R Jones.

Report by Steve Bartram.

http://www.manutd.com/news/fullstory.sps?iNewsid=168418&itype=466&icategoryid=624

Dubai_Devil

Number7 said:
:lol:

Do the the team get a trophy? If so when do they get it?
They get it after their last match of the season which is on the 28th against City. Then they play the southern champs Charlton for the National Championship.

Number7

Ret's Slave
Dubai_Devil said:
They get it after their last match of the season which is on the 28th against City. Then they play the southern champs Charlton for the National Championship.

Ta.

I know we've got the senior cup final vs city and the pontins cup final vs someone else too.

:) Reserves could win 5 things this year

Does anyone know where the senior cup final will be held?

Dubai_Devil

Number7 said:
Ta.

I know we've got the senior cup final vs city and the pontins cup final vs someone else too.

Reserves could win 5 things this year :)
Yep, Sheffield Wednesday, defending champs if im not mistaken.

Dubai_Devil

hehehe.

Senior cup will either be at OT like last year or maybe in City's stadium. In other words I have no clue.

feck

I'm here, in front of the computer ..... duhhh sto
oskarutd said:
It started on 2 pm.
Does anyone hvae news, team, anything?
Venue changed this a.m. from Dark Lane, Rossendale to Spotland.

Final 0-0

United team-

T. Lee; Picken, Bardsley (capt), N'Galula, Lawrence; Neumayr, Fox, R. Jones, Collett; Marsh, BRANDY!!!

Subs - McShane (for Bardsley) approx 60 mins, Rossi (for Brandy) approx 80 mins.

Subs not used - Heaton, D. Jones, Heath

Pretty poor game. Rochdale keeper forced into making a few good saves, United were the better team but lacked penetration. Brandy was bright but is very small. Should have been awarded a penalty late on as he was sandwiched by 2 defenders but referee Moss wasn't having any of it. Looks very quick and showed good commitment and a good touch but his frail frame is a bit of a worry, I hope he puts on a growth spurt soon.

Can't answer any questions as I'm off to Everton now!!

oskarutd

From Rochdales official site

Rochdale 0-0 Man Utd

Rochdale's second string played out a 0-0 draw at Spotland on bitter Wednesday afternoon. It wasn't a snore draw by any means, though the referee Mr Moss didn't help matters with some odd decision-making though it did raise a few smiles in the stand.

The game was fairly even from the off with both sides looking to stamp their authority on proceedings from the first whistle. Tony Barry, on trial from Accrington Stanley looked lively throughout the game and was the first to try his luck after just two minutes. After collecting the ball on the edge of the box he looked to get a quick effort away, but sadly his haste proved his downfall as he screwed his effort wide.

Manchester United front man Febian Brandy proved a thorn in Dale's side all afternoon with a style very similar to that Manchester City's Shaun Wright-Phillips. The United no10 almost brought Neil edwards into the game for the first time after a smart turn just inside the box, but his attempt at a shot proved unsuccessful and he cleared the bar with ease.

At the other end it was Dale's own livewire attacker Leighton McGivern who was causing the problems for the visitors, though the chance came from a slip by United defender Floribert Ngalula. Clive MoyoModise latched onto the loose ball and crossed for McGivern who fired in first time, but the slick passing from Dale was matched by an even slicker save from Tommy Lee who pushed the ball around the post at full stretch.

As the half hour mark approached Dale 'keeper Neil Edwards was lucky to find himself still on the field after mis-judging the pace of striker Brandy. Edwards brought him crashing to the ground after racing from his goal, but the referee decided on a yellow card. The resulting freekick brought an easy save from the Rochdale stopper after David Fox curled a right-foot shot just inside the far post.

Minutes later McGivern looked to squeeze MoyoModise in and for once the Dale man timed his run perfectly. He raced into the box, but a fine last ditch tackle by Phil Bardsley took away the threat as Dale looked to break the dealock.

As the half came to a close, Barry slid a perfect ball forward for Neil Brisco to race onto but he surge from the middle of the park was thwarted by Bardsley with a crude body check that earned the United skipper a yellow card. It was a great position for Rochdale to try and go into the break in front, but the freekick was well defended by referee Moss who got in the way and the danger ebbed away as the laughter from the stands grew.

The second half started evenly and it was until we approached the hour that more in the way of action was to be seen. United's Phil Marsh tried from distance to open the scoring, but his effort whilst packing a punch, failed to hit the mark.

Perhaps an element of luck was needed to end the stalemate? Well on 64 minutes Rochdale forward McGivern got some, but not enough as he saw his cross trouble Lee in the United goal. The 'keeper pushed the effort over the bar with McGivern looking on from the left flank with his hands on his hips and a wry smile on his face.

Chances were beginning to appear at both ends and Edwards pulled off a fine stop to deny Markus Neumayr. Minutes later United had strong claims for a penalty after two Dale players appeared to squeeze out Brandy as he skipped into the area. The referee was having none of it though and waved play on much to the disbelief of the United bench.

With seven minutes to go the impressive looking Barry surged forward from deep, but his exciting run ended with a poor shot. As the game came to a close it was the visitors who almost snatched the win after a long ball found substitute Steven Hogg some twenty-yards out. The United youngster smashed the ball goalwards after taking the ball neatly in his stride, but Edwards was on hand to block the effort low to his right.

The game ended all square and it was a fair reflection on the afternoon overall. Neither side did enough to win the game, a game somewhat spoiled by the official.

Line-ups.

Rochdale: Neil Edwards, Gary Brown, Michael Murray, Scott Warner, Kevin Gibbins, Jamie Clarke, Anthony Barry, Neil Brisco, Leighton McGivern, Clive Moyo Modise, Ben Kitchen.

Subs: Nick Allen, Danny Woodhall, James McDonagh, Matthew Williams, Denis Greenwood.

Man Utd: Tommy Lee, Phil Picken, Lee Lawrence, Phil Bardsley, Floribert Ngalula, Ben Collett, Richard Jones, Markus Neumayr, Phil Marsh, Febian Brandy, David Fox.

Subs: David Jones, Tom Heaton, Colin Heath, Paul McShane, Steven Hogg.

feck

oskarutd said:
With seven minutes to go the impressive looking Barry surged forward from deep, but his exciting run ended with a poor shot. As the game came to a close it was the visitors who almost snatched the win after a long ball found substitute Steven Hogg some twenty-yards out. The United youngster smashed the ball goalwards after taking the ball neatly in his stride, but Edwards was on hand to block the effort low to his right.
For Hogg read Rossi, teamsheet had Hogg as 16 but it was in fact the short Italian who came on rather than the lanky lad from Bury!

oskarutd

feck said:
For Hogg read Rossi, teamsheet had Hogg as 16 but it was in fact the short Italian who came on rather than the lanky lad from Bury!
I was sure of that, better trust a eyewitness, A United supporter whom can see diff between Rossi and Hogg!

oskarutd

feck said:
I was there! The U-16s were on the other pitch, not certain of the score although they certainly scored 1 goal as I heard and saw the celebrations. Not certain of the line-up, had a little look but it was from 100 yards away. Ben Amos was in goal, Richard Eckersley played as did Fabian Brandy. Can't offer anymore than that.

As for the league - this looks pretty conclusive. BRFC didn't play today and are away at Wolves on Wed. then Sheff Utd next weekend then Forest at home the week after. Any 3 points will be good enough for them.

FA Premier Academy League at: 14 Apr

.................................P W D L F A GD PTS
Blackburn Rovers........25 17 3 5 53 22 31 54
Manchester United.....26 15 6 5 57 39 18 51
Manchester City .......25 12 8 5 54 30 24 44
Everton ..................25 12 8 5 42 33 9 44
Wolves ...................23 8 10 5 32 30 2 34
Crewe ....................23 9 5 9 39 41 -2 32
Stoke City................26 8 8 10 36 46 -10 32
Bolton Wanderers......25 6 6 13 37 46 -9 24
Liverpool .................26 4 7 15 23 48 -25 19
Blackburn drew 0-0 on wednesday, we won 2-1 on saturday so the table today should be:
................................P W D L F A GD PTS
Blackburn Rovers........26 17 4 5 53 22 31 55
Manchester United......27 16 6 5 59 40 19 54

So we have 1 game to go and they 2. Unlikely but still a possibility.
They play Sheff Utd on sat (A) and Forest (H) on friday week.
We play Hudderfield tomorrow (A).

oskarutd

Eagles

Eagles considers future
by Patrick Goss - created on 22 Apr 2005

NEW MAN UTD DVDs
Including an 'Eric The King' box set. Order yours now!

Player profiles:
Chris Eagles
Team Pages:
Manchester United
Watford

Watford loan star Chris Eagles has confessed that he would like to remain at the club next season, if he cannot make an impact at Manchester United.

Eagles is considered a major talent at United, who originally signed him from Watford, and they have loaned him back to his former club to gain first team experience.

The winger has flourished of late at Vicarage Road - with new manager Adrian Boothroyd helping the player to show his ability.

"I've loved every minute of it," Eagles told the club's official site.

"To come and play first-team football has been good for me - I feel I've learned a lot about myself and the game which can only be good for my development.

"I'd definitely think about coming back, but if I've got a chance to be involved in the Man Utd first team, I think anyone would take that up.

"If the boss comes to me and says I need another loan spell out and Watford want me, then we'll see what happens.

"I've made a lot of new friends down here - I knew some of the lads from my time here before but I know some of the older lads better now, like Neil Cox and Sean Dyche.

"Their experience has rubbed off on me and hopefully will help me to improve my game."

Eagles also paid testament to manager Boothroyd, who helped him flourish after taking over midway through his loan spell.

"The gaffer's been great for me," added Eagles.

"He knows what my strengths are and I've been able to play the way I like to play, getting on the ball and making things happen.

"He'll be a top manager - people don't realise how knowledgeable and talented he is but he knows the game and will do great things at Watford."

source: sky sports

feck

Academy

U-18's won 2-1 at Huddersfield earlier today. Scorers - Sean Evans (tap in after 3 minutes) and Aaron Burns (slotted from close range after a goalmouth scramble late in first half).

Scrappy game on a bobbly pitch. Got a bit niggly in the second half, Shawcross booked. Kieran Lee was excellent, probable man of the match.

Johnny Evans was a late pull out - listed on teamsheet but not seen. Perhaps he, and Gibson, will play for the Pontins team on Monday?

Line-up - Crockett; Simpson (capt), Shawcross, Lea, K. Lee; Mullan, Rose, Moran, S. Evans; Burns, Campbell

Sub - Puustinen (for Mullan)

Sub not used - T. Lee

Elsewhere Sheffield United lost at home to Blackburn Rovers allowing Rovers to clinch the group from United with one game left to play.

U-16's won 6-1. Sam Hewson scored 2 (at least), Brandy got 1 (at least). Amos in goal, Eckersley looked outstanding at rightback. Drinkwater might have got the first goal.

oskarutd

Brilliant work.
Was that Alex or Daniel Drinkwater?
It´s very annoying not to get more info on the u-16 players and u-15 from the club or other sources. So you are priceless in getting some info to us.

feck

oskarutd said:
A damned good question for which I have no answer. Not certain that it was a Drinkwater at all. I was concentrating on the 18's so only saw bits and pieces of the 16's hence the vagueness of my information. I am, however, certain of the final score and that Hewson got 2 and Brandy 1. The other 3 goals may have been scored by anyone (including Hewson and Brandy).

oskarutd

feck said:
A damned good question for which I have no answer. Not certain that it was a Drinkwater at all. I was concentrating on the 18's so only saw bits and pieces of the 16's hence the vagueness of my information. I am, however, certain of the final score and that Hewson got 2 and Brandy 1. The other 3 goals may have been scored by anyone (including Hewson and Brandy).
Thanks anyway!

Raconteur

Why aren't we playing any of our youngsters (i.e. Rossi, Spector, Pique, Jones, etc.) in some of these late season games? At least bring them on in end of a few of these matches to see what they can do against premiership opponents. I just don't see the harm in it.

Richter

Hairy big footed Swede
marshallflora16 said:
Why aren't we playing any of our youngsters (i.e. Rossi, Spector, Pique, Jones, etc.) in some of these late season games? At least bring them on in end of a few of these matches to see what they can do against premiership opponents. I just don't see the harm in it.
Because we still have a chance to finish second.

deltakaye

oskarutd said:
Brilliant work.
It´s very annoying not to get more info on the u-16 players and u-15 from the club or other sources. So you are priceless in getting some info to us.
It's Alex Drinkwater.

skeeta

Yet another rambling idiot
Everyone understands the reality, You need experience and quality to play a Top quality Premiership Opposition, you can't afford to use a game like that to help players learn

The youth set up needs to be very strong and subject to the same demands as the top players, but we can't expect to survive on the local lads who just come knocking at our door, we have to recruit the best from around the world

skeeta

Youth set-up

How it must hurt Ferguson, after all the time and effort he has devoted to making Manchester United's youth policy the best in the country, that there are legitimate reasons to believe Arsenal have left them behind in the production of young talent. John O'Shea and Darren Fletcher have progressed from the youth ranks over the past 25 months and Chris Eagles may follow them next season. Yet Ferguson must despair when he considers the number of players who have been packed off to other clubs and the imbalance of talent between the present crop and the once-in-a-lifetime batch of Beckham, Butt, Scholes and the Nevilles that stepped off the conveyor belt.

skeeta

These days, youth squads exist to provide depth in less important competitions or early rounds and to hopefully provide one great player every 3-5 years or so. Otherwise, no top team can truly rely on youth.