YouTube United channels

Mainoldo

Yeah that post absolutely stinks of xenophobia :lol: I don't even know how you end up pigeonholing Flex and Rants in to the same category
Mad enit. Basically just casted all the black guys as Troopz from Aftv and said the channel is crap because it’s abit too hip hop. How else can you put I don’t like your kind :lol:

Someone should let him know they have all left and only Rants used urban slang.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I like The United Stand. Goldbridge is great, but Ricky is the star for me. I also like that Irish guy Jay. I can take or leave everyone else on that channel.

UnitedFire

I've absolutely no idea why that absolute dweeb has probably the most popular United channel around. Clueless and knee jerk... so yeah he would be right at home here, wouldn't be surprised if he has an account.
I'll have to agree to disagree on this.

I think he generally talks sense. Mostly down to earth. I've met him in person and he seemed like a very nice guy.

Flex on the other hand in person seemed a bit more arrogant from what I could tell. Almost the opposite of how he comes across on YouTube.

UnitedFire

I’ve got a mate who keeps telling me I must listen to him so I put on his interview with Paul Ince last week; it wasn’t as bad as I expected but I suppose he’s now ‘Ole Out’ so he was signing to the choir.

I tend to stay away from most United content.
I think he has been quite measured on the Ole out. Hasn't rushed to say it and has only joined in now that it's really become obvious that Ole doesn't have a clue.

MasterCode

Fan Channels are simply just micro broadcasters, they don't represent fans. IMO tradional media love their presence. They cultivate an engaged audience that traditional media only have to invite on a "Saturday Social" to leverage the engagement.

For now the market is small, but wait for the day Sky lose a Xbox Advert or Volkswagen advert to a "Fan Channel" then you will see the true nature of media. Fan channels have been hoodwinked into believing they are actual reporters/voice of fans.

They represent a very small segment of fans tbh, its not even a fraction, sadly they are the loudest segment which is great for advertisers. Its all about money and never! about Manchester United.

Especially since when you thibk about it Manchester United in its greatest period had a very fractured relationship with press. Fans, Club, SAF refused interviews with certain outlets. Now media outlets are just a conduit to perpatuating nothing but insecurity within a fanbase that they profit from and sadly so called 'fan channels' are just as bad.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Apparently, McTominay blocked Goldbridge on Insta :lol: . Talk about a thin skin.

Says how pathetic some of our players are.

Judas

Open to offers
I like The United Stand. Goldbridge is great, but Ricky is the star for me. I also like that Irish guy Jay. I can take or leave everyone else on that channel.
Enjoying that Ricky blokes analysis is a surreal opinion, I didn't think anyone did! Seems like a genuinely awful bloke with such dinosaur views.

Mainoldo

I like Howson and the two older guys who film at Hotel Football.

Goldbridge though, who on earth gave that fecking moron a platform, just kids and adults with child intelligence who watch him I assume?
I remember when Steven Howson said managers aren’t that important. Having great players is enough.. :houllier:

Don’t know how he creates content. Oh wait.. he’s a media muppet.

UnitedFire

Dont watch any but I’ve seen little clips here & there.

Goldbridge though, who on earth gave that fecking moron a platform, just kids and adults with child intelligence who watch him I assume?
The United Stand is one of the most successful football fan channels so Goldbridge can't be all that bad. 1.2m subscribers. AFTV has 1.4m and has been going a lot longer.

I'd like to know why you think he is a moron?

Mainoldo

The United Stand is one of the most successful football fan channels so Goldbridge can't be all that bad. 1.2m subscribers. AFTV has 1.4m and has been going a lot longer.

I'd like to know why you think he is a moron?
He’s not a top red. Just a normal fan and they grew with a load of different cultures on their channel.

All I can really think of.

UtdAgain08

Dont watch any but I’ve seen little clips here & there.

Completely agree, how anyone can watch that guy and think he's being anything other than insincere. When I've seen him or clips doing the rounds its obvious he's there to help create an even worse feeling around the club for his on benefit.

I may have said it previously but much of the toxicity on football part of social media I put down to AFTV and The United Stand.

lilcurt

I scrolled through his Twitter account, that was enough.
Think you are being harsh there. He is just a fan with an opinion, I think his channel does well to portray different opinions and all different types of people and fans.

Flex and KG were a massive loss for the channel and the new comers aren't the same calibre but still a very good channel. I tend to watch his 10am show most days.

One thing I never understand is, who are the people who pay £10 to have their question/comment read out. Mental.

UnitedFire

I've not been on his Twitter much, but have listened to several years worth of his YouTube videos and met him in person.

Down to earth guy, has his rants that can be amusing, but generally speaks sensibly. He is generally very inclusive and tries to bring it back to being about fans and fan opinion.

Hard to be critical if you actually listen to him.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Enjoying that Ricky blokes analysis is a surreal opinion, I didn't think anyone did! Seems like a genuinely awful bloke with such dinosaur views.
Woah, that's a tad extreme! I get people disliking his footballing opinions as he has some right wild ones, but what makes you call him "a genuinely awful bloke"?

SuperiorXI

Goldbridge seems to have spilt a few pints going on some of the takes in here.

Don't get it personally, if you don't like his stuff, don't watch it. 1.2m subscribers, constant content and is a genuinely funny guy, don't see what the problem is...

Videos for clicks? That's the YouTube game and they're all at it. Controversy? Toxicity? So what? It's something to watch and is nothing new, we've had this for years and years even before YouTube with things like TalkSport. These channels are just highlighting something that was already there. Honestly, go to a game, go down the pub, you'll get knee jerk nonsense everywhere it's part of what the fan culture is.

Rightnr

What a measured and logical person you are. I will definitely listen and read what you say because it makes so much sense.

jameyzane

Anyone who thinks YouTube channels are a primary driver of toxicity around the club knows nothing. They don't even reach 2% of our fan base and you think they have a play in how hopeless the team looks and what fans see from outside? Joke

Kopral Jono

Goldbridge seems to have spilt a few pints going on some of the takes in here.

Don't get it personally, if you don't like his stuff, don't watch it. 1.2m subscribers, constant content and is a genuinely funny guy, don't see what the problem is...

Videos for clicks? That's the YouTube game and they're all at it. Controversy? Toxicity? So what? It's something to watch and is nothing new, we've had this for years and years even before YouTube with things like TalkSport. These channels are just highlighting something that was already there. Honestly, go to a game, go down the pub, you'll get knee jerk nonsense everywhere it's part of what the fan culture is.
Goldbridge isn't my cup of tea. On the rare occasions I've had him on he would spout way too much shite to be taken seriously, but I get his appeal and your general point is actually spot on. My late grandfather, a fan since when Best and Charlton were still playing for us, would say outrageously knee-jerk stuff each time we lose. Like you said social media just exacerbates sentiments that have always been there within our broad fanbase.

I've been saying this many times lately: contrary to the opinion of some of our supporters, there just isn't a right or wrong way on how to support a football club.

Lynty

I watch Stretford Paddock (the guy with the long hair is good) and Howson occasionally. I actually think they have fairly reasonable views, though Howson has a tendency to pontificate.

Best footballer youtuber hands down is Stuntpegg. She probably needs some work on producing end, but everything else is fast paced discussion points combined with some great dry wit.

I also like how her videos often contain some actual football and atmosphere, not just some bloke sitting in his shed regurgitating stats from twitter.

Last edited:

Hectic

Supports
30fps
Popularity doesn't translate to quality. Who cares about someone's subscriber count it doesn't mean they can't be a total fecking idiot.

justboy68

Howson is just a Manc James Corden.
How have I never realized this until now. Both insufferable bellends of the highest order.

Goldbridge gets more hate than he deserves imo. Overall he's usually got the same opinions to the consensus here for the most part, but obviously he plays it up a bit for content and views. Also he just does too many videos, so it gets repetitive.

matt23

Thought this might be worth a bump.

Goldbridge was doing a charity stream all day yesterday I think they managed to raise over £30,000 for Marie curie. Link below if anyone feels they'd like to contribute.

Marie Curie Just Giving

Judas

Open to offers
30 grand in what 11 or so hours of streaming, pretty impressive. Also baffling when it seems so often the comments on his videos and streams are that of what you'd expect to be 12 year olds. Fair play to him and all that donated.

bonothom

I watch Goldbridge when united have had a big loss, his meltdowns are brilliant
Yeah I find I watch the United Stand when United are shit and not so much when they are doing well. So it's been pretty regular viewing these past few years.

Plassryss

Rios five is ok. Goldbridge is ok sometimes but very tabloid and talks against himself a lot. Plus he has got that ex L`pool captain on and all that comes with him.

Rightnr

Yeah...let's just throw vitriol at them. They should just take it because...?

Shows how pathetic some so called supporters are...

FFS
What are you even on about? Criticising a footballer on millions a year for being awful is not vitriol. Some people really deserve the tag snowflake and you sure are one of them.

McTominay is the other for blocking someone who's not said anything beyond the truth about his dire performances.

UTD_Since_1978

I've noticed that since the 5-0 defeat against Liverpool Goldbridge has made about a 100 videos on the same subject, namely "Ole Out!", whether it's title's like "UTD in Crisis", "OIe must go", "Conte next UTD manager", "UTD in talks with Zidane" it all amounts to the same thing, he wants Ole out & he just repeats the same things time & time again.

Trouble is, it doesn't matter how many "Ole Out!" vids he makes, the board & Glazers will not sack Ole.

Rightnr

I've noticed that since the 5-0 defeat against Liverpool Goldbridge has made about a 100 videos on the same subject, namely "Ole Out!", whether it's title's like "UTD in Crisis", "OIe must go", "Conte next UTD manager", "UTD in talks with Zidane" it all amounts to the same thing, he wants Ole out & he just repeats the same things time & time again.

Trouble is, it doesn't matter how many "Ole Out!" vids he makes, the board & Glazers will not sack Ole.
Again, you've not done a Sherlock madness. He does 2-3 videos a day, no matter what happens. He does do click-baity titles but that's not exclusiveto the current situation.

As for wanting the manager out, he's finally seen the light and at least he's consistent.

Plassryss

Sometimes its better to not make a vid than making vids on repeat but its only for the money. Its like the Glazers :lol:

nainaisson

Apparently, McTominay blocked Goldbridge on Insta :lol: . Talk about a thin skin.

Says how pathetic some of our players are.
How does blocking "Goldbridge" (not his real name) make McTominay pathetic? Goldbridge blocked me on Twitter, so does that make Goldbridge pathetic?

BlueHaze

I see Goldbridge name being thrown around left right and centre in this thread.

So here, I bring you his best moment..

Alias
30 grand in what 11 or so hours of streaming, pretty impressive. Also baffling when it seems so often the comments on his videos and streams are that of what you'd expect to be 12 year olds. Fair play to him and all that donated.
That is very impressive. It doesn't help the narrative of those that seem to hate him (for some reason) but it is a perfect example of how he uses that huge following for something really good. I really like the United Stand: the content is decent and it is regular, plus Goldbridge and the other presenters are really good. They call out the club on what is important and hold them to task. Best United fan channel by some distance, for me.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I've watched a couple of videos recently from the United Stand channel and I think it's decent and Goldbridge makes a lot of good points. I like the fact that he scrutinizes things the club say and can recognise their shenanigans with social media and how they try to control the narrative.

It's been refreshin to hear a public voice speak up against things during these tough times, as opposed to the journos who are practically the clubs external PR team.

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
What are you even on about? Criticising a footballer on millions a year for being awful is not vitriol. Some people really deserve the tag snowflake and you sure are one of them.

McTominay is the other for blocking someone who's not said anything beyond the truth about his dire performances.
He is entitled to block anyone he wants. It has nothing to do with money or being soft. Players get shit from dickheads on social media every day. Why should they just have to take it?

That's a bollocks argument.

Goldbridge is not a supporter so any player blocking him is fine with me.