Yves Bissouma / Signs for Spurs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deery

Dreary
Sorry, not buying it and clearly so is no clubs either. If he has one year left, then surely Brighton would want something for him than the potential of him going for free?

Sorry, whoever made the comment that other clubs don't need him,? So the other clubs in the prem have better midfielders, so they don't need him. If that's the case then neither do we....
He has two years left on his contract and is Brighton’s best player they don’t want to sell him, didn’t say they had better players said they were stacked in his position. Do you think clubs are just going to buy all the players in the league?

Last edited:

Deery

Dreary
It would have been a 10/10 transfer window with him (Ndidi or Rice have too high prices).

4-3-3 with him and Pogba + Fernandes would have worked for the most matches.
Clubs to afraid to take a punt on him but if he keeps playing like the way he is they would wish they had of..

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
To be fair, your Brighton mate is probably right, BUT remember Brighton have spent most of the last 30 years bouncing between league 1 and 2 with the occasional run in the Championship, so now we're in the prem most of our current players are the best any Brighton fan has seen in the shirt.
Put some respect on Glenn Murray's name.

Brightonian

To be fair, your Brighton mate is probably right, BUT remember Brighton have spent most of the last 30 years bouncing between league 1 and 2 with the occasional run in the Championship, so now we're in the prem most of our current players are the best any Brighton fan has seen in the shirt.
Apart from Kazenga LuaLua, obviously. :wenger:

Litch

He has two years left on his contract and is Brighton’s best player they don’t want to sell him, didn’t say they had better players said they were stacked in his position. Do you think clubs are just going to buy all the players in the league?
Yep, Brighton that super power in the prem and Europe can fight off teams because he's their best player? Still stand by it, if he's considered good enough to walk into the team that finished 2nd then there will be teams looking to buy him in Prem and Europe. Says something when DJ goes to Leeds for 30m.

Tarrou

It would have been a 10/10 transfer window with him (Ndidi or Rice have too high prices).

4-3-3 with him and Pogba + Fernandes would have worked for the most matches.
I don't see this at all

maybe with a pure DM - but not a B2B player like Bissouma

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
There must've been a reason that no clubs were in for him. Would've been an amazing signing for a team like Arsenal, and would still be a step up for him.

Deery

Dreary
Yep, Brighton that super power in the prem and Europe can fight off teams because he's their best player? Still stand by it, if he's considered good enough to walk into the team that finished 2nd then there will be teams looking to buy him in Prem and Europe. Says something when DJ goes to Leeds for 30m.
It does say something when Daniel James goes for £30m it says Yves Bissouma is worth much more and teams aren’t forking out huge sums on defensive mids when they have players in that position, didn’t see many offers for Declan Rice either so is he shit in your book too?

Deery

Dreary
There must've been a reason that no clubs were in for him. Would've been an amazing signing for a team like Arsenal, and would still be a step up for him.
They have Tomas Partey..

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Amazing that all these fans think he's 'the answer' yet no one club from the prem can see it? Not like Brighton aren't a selling club? If he was that good, why is he still there?
No one was in for Camavinga either, until a few days ago when real bid 30m.

macheda14

Amazing that all these fans think he's 'the answer' yet no one club from the prem can see it? Not like Brighton aren't a selling club? If he was that good, why is he still there?
No one was really in for Bruno when we got him. Is that a good metric?

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Was it? Genuine question. I only really saw fans clamouring for him.
Yes. Arsenal, Liverpool linked most of the summer. He is entering the final years of his contract so probably available for cut price fee next summer.

Litch

It does say something when Daniel James goes for £30m it says Yves Bissouma is worth much more and teams aren’t forking out huge sums on defensive mids when they have players in that position, didn’t see many offers for Declan Rice either so is he shit in your book too?
I guess it's all about opinions but the fact is he's still at Brighton. My opinion is if he was as good as some think, he wouldn't be irrespective if they have players in that position as that makes zero sense. I thought you brought players cause they are better than you have and not only cause you need one?

Not sure where the shite comment comes from and given that it would appear WH want 80m, even Declan has said he is not worth that...

Litch

No one was really in for Bruno when we got him. Is that a good metric?
Unless you are his agent, we both will rely on what's in the media. We get linked with over 100+ players each transfer window, I guess that must mean we are in for them too?

Litch

Yes. Arsenal, Liverpool linked most of the summer. He is entering the final years of his contract so probably available for cut price fee next summer.
Love this linked to him......you mean you read it in the media. How many other players were linked with Arsenal and Liverpool, so it must be true? He has 2 years left after this season so hardly 'the final years of his contract'. People just make this shite up....

Blood Mage

I think he would have been a bit of a panic buy. He's an upgrade on McFred but we need more than just that to take us up a level.

Deery

Dreary
I guess it's all about opinions but the fact is he's still at Brighton. My opinion is if he was as good as some think, he wouldn't be irrespective if they have players in that position as that makes zero sense. I thought you brought players cause they are better than you have and not only cause you need one?

Not sure where the shite comment comes from and given that it would appear WH want 80m, even Declan has said he is not worth that...
You buy the best players you can for positions you need to fill and there is a budget you know even for the richest of clubs. To say Bissouma is a worse player than Matic would be silly, but if you can get through a season with Matic and cover 3 positions this window it’s what you call management.

Bissouma is young, unproven at a big club and carries a big price tag, you can understand why clubs would be hesitant but it doesn’t detract from the obvious talent of Bissouma.

Deery

Dreary
I think he would have been a bit of a panic buy. He's an upgrade on McFred but we need more than just that to take us up a level.
I would rather have Verratti but we have to be realistic too and it’s either him or Rice really and I’m not fussed on Rice.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Sorry, not buying it and clearly so is no clubs either. If he has one year left, then surely Brighton would want something for him than the potential of him going for free?

Sorry, whoever made the comment that other clubs don't need him,? So the other clubs in the prem have better midfielders, so they don't need him. If that's the case then neither do we....
They've a good chance of going down if they lose him. He'll be difficult to replace.

Litch

They've a good chance of going down if they lose him. He'll be difficult to replace.
Agree but didn't they let their best CB go? He's a good player, like him a lot just I'm not one who subscribes that he's that much better than we got. I don't think he gets us closer to City.....

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
Agree but didn't they let their best CB go? He's a good player, like him a lot just I'm not one who subscribes that he's that much better than we got. I don't think he gets us closer to City.....
Nah Lewis Dunk's still there.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Love this linked to him......you mean you read it in the media. How many other players were linked with Arsenal and Liverpool, so it must be true? He has 2 years left after this season so hardly 'the final years of his contract'. People just make this shite up....
Where did I say final year. Seems like its you that is reading what they want to. Linked because he was linked as I said

TwoSheds

You didn't watch Brighton play enough last season then mate.

White wasn't really missed at all when he didn't play, Dunk holds them together.
Indeed. If anything I thought White actually played best in midfield last year. Even more reason not to let Bissouma go for pocket change.

Last edited:

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I don't see this at all

maybe with a pure DM - but not a B2B player like Bissouma
This drives me mad, people don’t know the difference in positions between him and rice for example. They are just shouting for the flavour of the month.

TwoSheds

This drives me mad, people don’t know the difference in positions between him and rice for example. They are just shouting for the flavour of the month.
Bissouma can play DM or B2B. You know, like Keane, Ince, Butt, almost all our successful DMs we've ever had. Rice is just a CB in midfield.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Bissouma can play DM or B2B. You know, like Keane, Ince, Butt, almost all our successful DMs we've ever had. Rice is just a CB in midfield.
Correct. Definitely not flavour of the month though...

Status
Not open for further replies.