Zaha

Kostov

In a way this is good because we have such low standards for anyone coming in to fill that gap that it's basically a free hit. It doesn't need to be Sancho, and I doubt we'll get him anyway. Zaha, Pepe, even Depay again would all improve us down that side because right now it's non-existent.
It's my opinion as well, but then there's the factor of buying from a PL club and they would be looking for an upward of 50m offer which I don't think is reasonable. Then again we paid 52m for Fred...

I'd say he's very talented, rather than very good. He's capable of just about anything but he's 26 now and still wastes more chances than he creates. At Palace it's ok because everything goes through him and he can keep trying and trying until he gets it right but here much more would be expected of him.

I hate relying on statistics to prove a point but look at how productive he is compared to how many runs he goes on. He is second only to Hazard for dribbles but his output is closer to Nathan Redmond levels than it is to Hazard or Sterling. He would get in our team because he is a right winger and we don't have one, but that's the only reason, in no other way is he good enough.
I agree with you regarding his wastefulness, and if he were to come here he must change his way of playing to be properly useful. Which I don't think he can, considering how full of himself he seems to be. The state of our options there is pathetic so not much needed for an improvement, long term I'd want a different profile of player that is for sure.

I agree with you regarding his wastefulness, and if he were to come here he must change his way of playing to be properly useful. Which I don't think he can, considering how full of himself he seems to be. The state of our options there is pathetic so not much needed for an improvement, long term I'd want a different profile of player that is for sure.
I said earlier in the thread that a few years under SAF and he could have been incredible. As it is he is 26 and still much the same player he was when he first came to us, and like you say seems reluctant to learn.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
You guys have Son, signing him would be strange.

Yeah, we won't go for another wide player this summer, or at least I would be really surprised if we did.

Son I think is better through the middle, which is a conundrum because we already have Kane there, we've been playing the diamond to fit both in but it doesn't really work.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Never seen Pepe but unsure how Depay and Zaha will improve us on the right when they are playing primarily down the left side.
Doesn’t matter too much does it? Even out of position they’d offer a little bit more than nothing at all.

MadMike

Never seen Pepe but unsure how Depay and Zaha will improve us on the right when they are playing primarily down the left side.
This is the first season that Zaha plays mostly central and central-left. Up until this year he was playing mainly as RW.

Whether he wants to play as a RW/RF and whether he's good enough for United are important questions. But I don't think I'd say he plays primarily on the left when he has only half the appearances there compared to the ones on the right.

MadMike

Re-watching the Arsenal-Palace highlights and he tore their makeshift defence to pieces. People talk about how he doesn't have football brains and end product and yada yada.

He works his socks off. Always making runs down the channels. He's extremely athletic, with both strength pace and height. Excellent hold up play. Very good dribbling ability and he's about to get into double figure in goals, which will be his best season ever.

We could really do with a player that puts this kind of shift in. Even if it's not him specifically. Someone who just works that hard.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Re-watching the Arsenal-Palace highlights and he tore their makeshift defence to pieces. People talk about how he doesn't have football brains and end product and yada yada.

He works his socks off. Always making runs down the channels. He's extremely athletic, with both strength pace and height. Excellent hold up play. Very good dribbling ability and he's about to get into double figure in goals, which will be his best season ever.

We could really do with a player that puts this kind of shift in. Even if it's not him specifically. Someone who just works that hard.
People here are generally not very good at assessing players. Maybe if he played in the 2nd division Portuguese league they'd show a bigger appreciation. He is better than he was during his stint here and is easily superior to Martial.

He tries things. It doesn't always come off but he has an impact on the game.

passing-wind

Would take him, Martial needs rotation he's been an absolute disgrace since Jose left really he's looked a bit part player.

Sit him down with the management, show him the composition of changes that is going to be happening, the new project as they put. After Rooney said he trained well, Moyes said he wasn't good absolutely sambolic, Wilfred is one of the best attacking players in the league. Maybe we need to stop always going abroad and focus on what's available in the prem. I'd fling Jota in the same conversation, offer wolves 60 whatever million and get these players who work and have talent in .

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Personally, I think he wouldn’t come back. Firstly, he’s far too proud and secondly we’re not going to have CL football anyway - which would be the only reason he leaves. I also wouldn’t want him back, I’m really not a fan. Let’s just take the profit from the sell on clause. I bet we’re looking at him though, as we’re tight feckers these days.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
He was very good yesterday. What impressed me most about him was his strength on the ball, he was very difficult to dispossess when he got going

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Personally, I think he wouldn’t come back. Firstly, he’s far too proud and secondly we’re not going to have CL football anyway - which would be the only reason he leaves. I also wouldn’t want him back, I’m really not a fan. Let’s just take the profit from the sell on clause. I bet we’re looking at him though, as we’re tight feckers these days.
I think he won’t mind to rid the pride of coming back. He was obviously hoping to have success here and he had worked with Ole in Cardiff before. I’m not fans of Zaha, but I think he has the attitude to care and in additional, he’s the best dribbler in the league alongside Hazard so I don’t mind if we end up signing this guy.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I think he won’t mind to rid the pride of coming back. He was obviously hoping to have success here and he had worked with Ole in Cardiff before. I’m not fans of Zaha, but I think he has the attitude to care and in additional, he’s the best dribbler in the league alongside Hazard so I don’t mind if we end up signing this guy.
Actually totally forgot he was on loan there. He’d be down the pecking order for me, but I wouldn’t be that bothered if we did sign him.

Bestofthebest

Zaha was a disaster at Utd but it was not his fault he played under a manager who thought attacking was a crime against football. He is now a very much improved player and would cost a considerably increased fee. Interesting to know if we would get our sell on fee deducted from any fee paid! On the other hand, if we are looking for someone as an improvement on Martial on the left side we could look at Dwight McNeil at Burnley. He would cost less and can go round players, make good crosses and score goals even for Burnley. At least it would make Martial feel a little bit less important if he thought he could be dropped for someone who actually gives a toss about playing for a team.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
He was very good yesterday. What impressed me most about him was his strength on the ball, he was very difficult to dispossess when he got going
When he was at United, it was a massive jump for the young player like him came from championship to EPL

Being “effectively & aggressively utilise his strength’’ is his main asset alongside his great dribbling skills, pace & tricks. Which something he has improved ever since he left us.

Zaha was a disaster at Utd but it was not his fault he played under a manager who thought attacking was a crime against football. He is now a very much improved player and would cost a considerably increased fee. Interesting to know if we would get our sell on fee deducted from any fee paid! On the other hand, if we are looking for someone as an improvement on Martial on the left side we could look at Dwight McNeil at Burnley. He would cost less and can go round players, make good crosses and score goals even for Burnley. At least it would make Martial feel a little bit less important if he thought he could be dropped for someone who actually gives a toss about playing for a team.
Interesting shout.

Stacks

People here are generally not very good at assessing players. Maybe if he played in the 2nd division Portuguese league they'd show a bigger appreciation. He is better than he was during his stint here and is easily superior to Martial.

He tries things. It doesn't always come off but he has an impact on the game.
Would take him, Martial needs rotation he's been an absolute disgrace since Jose left really he's looked a bit part player.

Sit him down with the management, show him the composition of changes that is going to be happening, the new project as they put. After Rooney said he trained well, Moyes said he wasn't good absolutely sambolic, Wilfred is one of the best attacking players in the league. Maybe we need to stop always going abroad and focus on what's available in the prem. I'd fling Jota in the same conversation, offer wolves 60 whatever million and get these players who work and have talent in .
We are getting desperate. He is good and has been involved in 12 league goals. That's not the levels we aspire to unless a squad option. We want players who can contribute 30 odd goals for us in goals and assists if they want to play in our front line

MadMike

We are getting desperate. He is good and has been involved in 12 league goals. That's not the levels we aspire to unless a squad option. We want players who can contribute 30 odd goals for us in goals and assists if they want to play in our front line
No we are not. We’re just judging with our eyes. He’s a menace to defences week in, week out.

And for the record he has 9g and 8a in 31 games played so far, so he’s been involved in 17 goals not 12. Whilst playing for bottom half team in the toughest most competitive league in the world. He’s also been improving season upon season. That more contribution than either Martial, Rashford or Lukaku. And Son who everyone is fawning over (great player btw) is on 12g 7a.

Current Zaha is easily a 15-goal forward, in my eyes, in a top 6 team. On top of providing great work ethic and hold up play. And we don’t have forwards with either that ethic or that many goals atm.

Stacks

No we are not. We’re just judging with our eyes. He’s a menace to defences week in, week out.

And for the record he has 9g and 8a in 31 games played so far, so he’s been involved in 17 goals not 12. Whilst playing for bottom half team in the toughest most competitive league in the world. He’s also been improving season upon season. That more contribution than either Martial, Rashford or Lukaku. And Son who everyone is fawning over (great player btw) is on 12g 7a.

Current Zaha is easily a 15-goal forward, in my eyes, in a top 6 team. On top of providing great work ethic and hold up play. And we don’t have forwards with either that ethic or that many goals atm.
That's not bad going from Zaha actually. With regards to Son he is pretty ordinary as a wide forward but seems to come alive as a CF when Kane is injured. That's all

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
If Arsenal has the money I would welcome him to the squad. Fast, strong, good dribble, at his prime right now. What not to like? I would love him to be our wide forward in 433 to replace Mkhitaryan, only if we have the money.

As always he is not good enough for Man Utd.

Che Guevara

Supports
Celtic
Zaha is a much better immediate option than Sancho. He will hit the ground running at any top PL club. But after his treatment at Utd I'm not sure he would consider returning.

RuudTom83

Compared to what United have, he would be an improvement.

But sadly he would cost an absolute fortune and United need to spend wisely this summer...so I’d pass on him tbh.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
He's on Football Focus at the mo. Nice guy. His voice is annoying though. It's like he's trying to speak with no depth in his voice.

Shipperley

Supports
CPFC
Just checking, do you genuinely think that deal is possible?