Zaha

Ish

Lights on for Luke
He’s developing nicely but I think his level is mid table atm. Needs to improve his decision making a lot. Iirc - Spurs was quite interested in the January window, before they bought Moura.

Robbie Boy

He's a midtable level player. He's good for Palace but still pretty inconsistent overall.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
He’s developing nicely but I think his level is mid table atm. Needs to improve his decision making a lot. Iirc - Spurs was quite interested in the January window, before they bought Moura.
I'd be very surprised if Moura turns out to be a better player (in the Prem). Zaha could definitely add something to quite a few teams that are better than Palace. Though being the main man at Palace suits him well.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Nani type player. Infuriates but beats players with ease and would have turned so many of our draws against shit teams over the years into wins.

So many people say he's shit but he never even got the slightest chance here.

Classical Mechanic

He loses the ball A LOT and doesn’t track back. He is the type to drive fans nuts. They may forgiv3 him at Palace because he is their best player but for a top side he doesn’t cut it.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Class goal at the weekend

Be interesting to see where he goes if Palace go down

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
He's definitely better than mid-table. He'd be flying at a good version of say Everton (i.e. challenging top 8).. not sure if he could get into a top 6 side, but abroad he could get into a title challenging side in a weaker league. One thing is for sure, definitely too good for Palace and he needs to challenge himself.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Nani type player. Infuriates but beats players with ease and would have turned so many of our draws against shit teams over the years into wins.

So many people say he's shit but he never even got the slightest chance here.
Nani is much the better player, Zaha wouldn't have done anything for us during those years, he needs space to operate in, which he has in abundance at Palace, the pressure is also much less at a club fighting the drop than it is for playing for United, it takes a certain type of character to play for United, let alone having the temperament to single handedly turn draws into wins, which very few players have, let alone Zaha.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
I'd be very surprised if Moura turns out to be a better player (in the Prem). Zaha could definitely add something to quite a few teams that are better than Palace. Though being the main man at Palace suits him well.
Yeah Zaha has developed nicely. A few more years developing at the same rate - he might end up at a top 6 club again.

IMO, at this moment, he should focus on a mid table team (assuming palace get relegated) where he’s guaranteed minutes and room to develop.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
he’s the type of player that you just give the ball to and he will create chaos.

Sometimes though He needs a few opportunities to do it, but he always pulls something out of the bag.

I feel we let him go way too early, he just needed to mature. Moyes never gave him half a chance a bit like Mourinho with shaw.

I’d happily have him back on or right wing!

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He is like Messi of Crystal Palace. Without him their attack is useless.

Watched highlights, he looked superb against Bournemouth. He beats his man with ease and the skill of his goal was just superb.

He can do lot better than Crystal Palace. We have a big sell on clause so hopefully when he moves, it will be for big money.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He's very gifted with the ball at feet, and while he has improved in this aspect, he still lacks consistency and intelligence to be part of a top side. He'll make the step up to a top 8/top 10 team soon and that isn't a bad place to be. Or a backup in an even better team (but won't give him as much game time).

Someone mentioned Everton and it's telling that they went for someone like Bolasie whereas someone twice as talented is sat at Crystal Palace. These are the clubs that need to target him. Ones that won't bemoan his sloppyness but will celebrate the moments of magic.

All in all credit to him for the improvement he's shown. He seems to be working hard on his game and making a difference on the pitch.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
He recently gave an interview to Daily Mail where he blamed himself for his failure at United.

Nicklas

He's been a joy to watch for a large part this season, too bad it didn't work out for him here.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He's better off joining the likes of Everton. Still don't think he's good enough for us.

simplyared

I can see the Nani comparison. When on song he's top drawer. A nightmare for any PL defender on one-on-one situations. A gifted player with a unique playing style. Like Nani we let him go too early. No question about that. I'd have him back tomorrow!

GledTheRed

Do we still have a buy back clause? He signed a new contract at the start of the season..

On 28 August 2014, Zaha agreed to a season-long loan deal with Crystal Palace.[31] Two days later, in the first match of his loan, he scored a stoppage-time equaliser in a 3–3 draw at Newcastle United.[32] On 2 February 2015, the final day of the winter transfer window, Zaha's move to Palace was made permanent with the signing of a five-and-a-half-year contract for an undisclosed fee. It also included a buy back clause,[33] believed to be in the region of £3 million, rising to £6 million with add-ons; Manchester United will also receive a percentage of the fee if Palace sell Zaha in the future.[34]

Zaha played regularly for Crystal Palace throughout the season, finishing the season with four goals and two assists as Crystal Palace finished the league in 10th place.[35]

Chipper

Adulterer.
Better than Everton means Arsenal, Chelsea or Tottenham. These 3 clubs already have much better players than him.
Depends where he'd slot in for me. Ozil, Hazard and Eriksen are better than him without a doubt. He's better than some of Iwobi, Welbeck, Mkhitaryan, Lamela, Lucas Moura, Son, Victor Moses and Pedro. How many is up for debate.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Depends where he'd slot in for me. Ozil, Hazard and Eriksen are better than him without a doubt. He's better than some of Iwobi, Welbeck, Mkhitaryan, Lamela, Lucas Moura, Son, Victor Moses and Pedro. How many is up for debate.
Better than Son?
No chance.
Also Miki struggled here but done it at the highest level. Can't accept Zaha is better.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Better than Son?
No chance.
Also Miki struggled here but done it at the highest level. Can't accept Zaha is better.
That's why I said some of, and it's how it was debatable as to how many.

I think he might well be better than Miki now, not Miki of 4 years ago. It's tough one and hard to evaluate Mikitaryan's level at the moment. Either way I'd put him ahead of Iwobi and Welbeck for definite at Arsenal.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Isn't he playing mainly as a striker with a free-roam licence at Palace? If not, isn't he predominantly a left-winger? Would be another pointless signing so thankfully no.

He recently gave an interview to Daily Mail where he blamed himself for his failure at United.
And this is fair fecks to him, signs of maturity.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Buy him back! Maybe Jose can get a tune out of him.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
His finishing, decision making and work rate have all improved massively since he returned to Palace. If we do still have a buy back option at a fixed price, he'd be an option worth considering. He'd cost a bomb for anyone else now. Good player. Not world class, but PL proven, causes problems for just about anyone he faces and exciting to watch. I'll be surprised if he doesn't move to a top 6 club in the next year.

IrishRedDevil

Above from @GledTheRed

“On 2 February 2015, the final day of the winter transfer window, Zaha's move to Palace was made permanent with the signing of a five-and-a-half-year contract for an undisclosed fee. It also included a buy back clause,[33] believed to be in the region of £3 million, rising to £6 million with add-ons; Manchester United will also receive a percentage of the fee if Palace sell Zaha in the future.”

I’m not sure if this buy back clause carried over to his new Contract, but surely they would of had to seek agreement from United to remove the clause?

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Do we still have a buy back clause? He signed a new contract at the start of the season..

On 28 August 2014, Zaha agreed to a season-long loan deal with Crystal Palace.[31] Two days later, in the first match of his loan, he scored a stoppage-time equaliser in a 3–3 draw at Newcastle United.[32] On 2 February 2015, the final day of the winter transfer window, Zaha's move to Palace was made permanent with the signing of a five-and-a-half-year contract for an undisclosed fee. It also included a buy back clause,[33] believed to be in the region of £3 million, rising to £6 million with add-ons; Manchester United will also receive a percentage of the fee if Palace sell Zaha in the future.[34]

Zaha played regularly for Crystal Palace throughout the season, finishing the season with four goals and two assists as Crystal Palace finished the league in 10th place.[35]
Out deal to have a percentage of the future fee is with Crystal Palace. Shouldn't have any bearing whether he signs a contract or not.

GledTheRed

He's misread it, that was the fee palace paid not the buy back fee. Not sure what that is it? Can't be that high considering the fee we sold him for.