Zaha

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
So taking a wild guess I bet we can have him back for about 15-20 million.
I don't get it. Why would you want him when you have two exact same players not getting game time already? At Pool Klopp could do wonders with him but he's too injury-touched to take a risk on.

SambaBoy

Said for about a year now he's good enough for a top 6 club and he just keeps getting better and better, adding end product to his game and I think he could definitely make the step up. He's double marked for Palace these days and he still makes things happen and he wouldn't have the same individual attention on him at a big club. When players fail at a big club and go back down a level, it can either motivate them or they go through the motions and remain at the same level. The failed time at United seems to have given him a lift and he has improved massively as a player, filling the potential SAF saw in him.

GledTheRed

I don't get it. Why would you want him when you have two exact same players not getting game time already? At Pool Klopp could do wonders with him but he's too injury-touched to take a risk on.
Cos he's a cracking player and can play anywhere up top, we can concentrate on midfield and full backs then.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
He's had two injuries this season, one he got in pre-season and missed the first few league games games, then he got clattered against Newcastle, but played through it, which he shouldn't have done, as he was out for a while after that. Apart from that, I don't think he's had many other injuries. Played pretty much every game last season and the season before. Unfortunate this season, but I'd definitely not peg him as injury prone.

coolredwine

lameredboots
Depends where he'd slot in for me. Ozil, Hazard and Eriksen are better than him without a doubt. He's better than some of Iwobi, Welbeck, Mkhitaryan, Lamela, Lucas Moura, Son, Victor Moses and Pedro. How many is up for debate.
So he won't be a consistent starter at those clubs, like he is at Palace, and would even be at Everton.

Chipper

Adulterer.
So he won't be a consistent starter at those clubs, like he is at Palace, and would even be at Everton.
Suppose he could force his way in, but no, he wouldn't be a guaranteed starter initially and would be more of a squad player should he make that type of move.

That doesn't necessarily mean he isn't better than Everton. Lots of squad players in the top 6 would walk into their team ahead of what they've got. Not many of the names I mentioned wouldn't and we've sent plenty of our cast-offs to Goodison down the years. A squad player who was actually wanted by a top 6 side is a bit better than one who they'd happily discard to a team like Everton and I think he could be that, if he wanted to be of course.

Maybe he wouldn't want to risk it after what happened at United, maybe that's made him even more determined to give a big club another shot. I don't know his psyche. Course, cost would come into it too and how much someone is williing to pay for a squaddie. Might turn out that a team like Everton would be willing to pay more for a starter than a bigger club would for a squaddie. Siggurdsson for example - no way any of the top 6 would've paid what they did.

FujiVice

Hates it "oop norff" doesnt he? Cant see him going to Everton. Likes the south.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
The fact that Ferguson saw something there should not be underestimated. He is not more than 25, and has developed a lot each year since we sold him.

Didier Drogba at 25 was playing at Guingamp before making the move to Marseille.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Im a bit of a tard, so could someone explain to me please -- in an event of Zaha wanting to move to one of the top 4, would it be better for Crystal Palace to sell him to us or does it not matter? Since we've got 40-50% sell on clause.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Im a bit of a tard, so could someone explain to me please -- in an event of Zaha wanting to move to one of the top 4, would it be better for Crystal Palace to sell him to us or does it not matter? Since we've got 40-50% sell on clause.
Shouldn't really matter from their perspective.

Let's say it was 40% and he went for £20m. A club would give them £20m, Palace would keep £12m and send United £8m.

If they sold him to us for £20m they'd still get the £12m, we'd in theory get £8m back after we game them £20m. It wouldn't work like that though, we'd just give them £12m and that would be it.

Paxi

Shouldn't really matter from their perspective.

Let's say it was 40% and he went for £20m. A club would give them £20m, Palace would keep £12m and send United £8m.

If they sold him to us for £20m they'd still get the £12m, we'd in theory get £8m back after we game them £20m. It wouldn't work like that though, we'd just give them £12m and that would be it.
Okay. Cheers.

el3mel

The ship has sailed, but I still think he would have been very useful under Fergie.

Shipperley

Supports
CPFC
Best player I have ever seen at Palace hands down, not sure I will ever see someone better in a red and blue shirt (unless it's Barca's:D). Significantly better than the likes of Alex Iwobi and players like Danny Ings aren't in the same stratosphere as Wilf, so there's no doubt he could have a big impact at a top 6 club.

I hope people continue to underrate him and doubt his ability for the rest of his career though so he stays with us. There would be no sense moving to Everton and the like and I don't think he'd entertain it anyway, he'll only move to a top club and probably one in London. If he does go he will be a great buy for someone I can guarantee you, the only stickler will be the fee as he is almost priceless to us, I don't even think we'd reply to anything below £55m-60m.

He is as good as Mahrez IMO and should go for a similar fee, so whoever said £20m is having a laugh. We paid £26m for Mama Sakho FFS.

Last edited:
Best player I have ever seen at Palace hands down, not sure I will ever see someone better in a red and blue shirt (unless it's Barca's:D). Significantly better than the likes of Alex Iwobi and players like Danny Ings aren't in the same stratosphere as Wilf, so there's no doubt he could have a big impact at a top 6 club.

I hope people continue to underrate him and doubt his ability for the rest of his career though so he stays with us. There would be no sense moving to Everton and the like and I don't think he'd entertain it anyway, he'll only move to a top club and probably one in London. If he does go he will be a great buy for someone I can guarantee you, the only stickler will be the fee as he is almost priceless to us, I don't even think we'd reply to anything below £55m-60m. He is as good as Mahrez IMO and should go for a similar fee. Whoever said £20m is having a laugh.
I hope he stays at CP he genuinely seems happy there and the fans love him. Parrish needs to offer him a new deal, he definitely deserves it.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
He should go to Arsenal. His power and direction would be good for them.

Well it’d just be miles cheaper for us basically if we wanted to challenge for his signature.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
8 goals and 3 assists while playing mainly as a striker... he has improved of course, but it wouldnt make sense to sign him as anything more then bring a squad player because he can fill in on the wings occasionally (though he is much better up top), but then his confidence would go down because he isnt starting all the time, so he wouldnt perform as well.

Paxi

Well it’d just be miles cheaper for us basically if we wanted to challenge for his signature.
Yeah that's good to know. I think he's a cracking player. Let him stay at CP next season and if he has another great season go back in for him.

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
I’m pretty sure we have a buy-back cause in his contract too. We should take him back and maybe send Rashford or Martial on loan for a season.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Funny story had our work 5 a side tournament last night. My manager’s husband, his cousin is going out with Zaha - alledgedly. The Irish spurs fan at my work was told he’s 100% going spurs by him and he’s shoved 200 quid on it. Read into that what you will!

vadimivich

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Funny story had our work 5 a side tournament last night. My manager’s husband, his cousin is going out with Zaha - alledgedly. The Irish spurs fan at my work was told he’s 100% going spurs by him and he’s shoved 200 quid on it. Read into that what you will!
Pochettino hasn't exactly hid his desire for Zaha for a while now. Whether or not that will actually happen is ... unknown.

Champagne Football

I thought he was shifting Moyes' daughter?

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
Manager’s husband’s cousin. Good source to be fair.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
How is that funny? I didn't even crack a little grin.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
If United really have a 50% sell-on clause, I can't actually see him leaving.

Surely Palace are going to want to bank at least £50m for him, which would mean selling him for £100m - obviously silly money.

And he has a contract until 2022, so difficult to force a move.

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

Surely Palace are going to want to bank at least £50m for him, which would mean selling him for £100m - obviously silly money.

What's the source for the 50%? Surely that's absurdly high.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself

There's been no percentage given but I don't think it's 50%. It's most likely 30-40% hence why they got Zaha on such a cheap deal, we also have a buyback on him supposedly.

Oh and Palace need to sell, they're struggling financially.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
So.. funny story.. my cousins wife told her employees that I was going out with Zaha. She said that he’s 100% going to spurs. They had a five a side tournament and one of them is an Irish spurs fan. Silly twat put £200 on the transfer happening.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
So.. funny story.. my cousins wife told her employees that I was going out with Zaha. She said that he’s 100% going to spurs. They had a five a side tournament and one of them is an Irish spurs fan. Silly twat put £200 on the transfer happening.

Bravo :lol:

Davs

Zaha is developing into a fin player and he's had a quality season which may give him that push now to take him forward a level.

Question is, if he has another season like he did last year, are clubs going to come in for him and who would he want to move to?

Red00012

Or your friend told you Chelsea you’ve come on here saying Spurs so everyone goes and backs him going there.Spurs odds shorten Chelsea’s go out so you make more money.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
What's the source for the 50%? Surely that's absurdly high.
Not really, we practically gave him back to them. Bought him for 15m and sold him for 3m (rising to 6m). Basically, that deal was just a buy-back clause and a sell-on clause.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
I'm a big fan, I don't know if it's just a coincidence but whenever I have watched Palace he's been incredibly dangerous. He's added a bit of end product to his game too, I'd love to see whether he's ready to do it at a big club now. He could be a real asset for any of the top six, there aren't too many players out there who can beat a man as easily as he can. He's a joy to watch.

He's still often wasteful and does lose the ball a lot, but that's a product of his playstyle. Players like him will always lose possession more than those who play it safer, but most of the time it's worth the risk as they unsettle defences. I'd rather have a player who loses the ball a few more times a game but genuinely offers a threat, than one who plays it safe constantly. Especially a wide player, these are meant to be inventive and risk taking, it's inevitable that it won't always pay off but if you're a 'safe' winger then you aren't doing it right, in my opinion.

That being said, some of the prices being bandied about are madness. I'd love to see him in a Spurs shirt but at 60-70m you expect the finished product to come straight in and be a first choice, whereas Zaha would just be another option for us. I guess as fans we have to accept the fact that this is the new reality of the transfer market though, and I can entirely understand Palace's position, to him he's worth that because the difference between them with and without him is huge. Him staying or leaving could be the difference between remaining in the league and relegation, so understandably it would require a huge fee.. it especially makes sense if this sell on fee stuff is accurate.