Zaha

Womp

idiot
He played 28 mins in PL, 76 mins in league cup and 61 mins in community shield.

That's 1.5 games worth of games and that was spread for 6 months.

He wasn't terrible for us, he wasn't played at all.
He was shite in the little he played. Players like Rashford, Martial etc. have made far better impressions in their limited game time at the beginning, thus earning the right to more minutes. Hell, even Januzaj was doing more with his minutes under Moyes. It was obvious to me, regardless of how little he played that he wasn't ready. The fact that he hardly set the world alight when going out on loan was evidence of such. He is 26 and only until last season or so did he start really making use of his talent.

Bebe played very limited minutes for us too. Whilst he wasn't as bad as Bebe obviously, you don't always need extensive analysis to determine whether a player is ready or not. As was mentioned, the fact that his loan spell and then return to Crystal palace was hardly anything to write home about for a few years, it was obvious his game had a lot of maturing to do.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
He is priced out of a move.

His is under contract till 2023. He would be worth buying at 40m but Palace would want 70m. I can't see anybody paying that for him.

Adcuth

Loan with an opinion to buy if he does well, while we send them a player on loan to cover for him at palace. Best option

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He was shite in the little he played. Players like Rashford, Martial etc. have made far better impressions in their limited game time at the beginning, thus earning the right to more minutes. Hell, even Januzaj was doing more with his minutes under Moyes. It was obvious to me, regardless of how little he played that he wasn't ready. The fact that he hardly set the world alight when going out on loan was evidence of such. He is 26 and only until last season or so did he start really making use of his talent.

Bebe played very limited minutes for us too. Whilst he wasn't as bad as Bebe obviously, you don't always need extensive analysis to determine whether a player is ready or not. As was mentioned, the fact that his loan spell and then return to Crystal palace was hardly anything to write home about for a few years, it was obvious his game had a lot of maturing to do.
Shame no one thought the same about Bale when he played for Spurs. So many good players would have been playing in lower leagues if every club judged young players with 150 mins of game time.

Womp

idiot
Shame no one thought the same about Bale when he played for Spurs. So many good players would have been playing in lower leagues if every club judged young players with 150 mins of game time.
Bale if anything proves my point. His game had maturing to do too. It took time (and a switch of position) for him to become the dominant force he was.

I also never suggested we should have sold him. Simply stated that he really wasn't anything special at the time (despite having the talent) and had a lot of improving to do. The kid wasn't ready, a lot of players at that age aren't. Given the limited minutes he had though, it was extremely evident.

roonster09

Scout
Bale if anything proves my point. His game had maturing to do too. It took time (and a switch of position) for him to become the dominant force he was.
And Spurs would have ended looking like idiots had they given up on him just because he had maturing to do.

If young players are judged on make impression like Rashford, martial or even Januzaj then players like Kane would have been loaned to Championship sides.

Well, there are so many players to even name them all. It was ridiculous decision to not give 2 games for Zaha, however you spin it.

Womp

idiot
And Spurs would have ended looking like idiots had they given up on him just because he had maturing to do.

If young players are judged on make impression like Rashford, martial or even Januzaj then players like Kane would have been loaned to Championship sides.

Well, there are so many players to even name them all. It was ridiculous decision to not give 2 games for Zaha, however you spin it.
Once again, I never suggested we should have let him go, don't know why you're making that argument. If anything, I was annoyed we let him go as it was obvious he had talent.

He didn't play much, sure. The reason he didn't play much was 1. Because we had a clown as a manager and 2. the little he did play was extremely underwhelming.

You're right he should have gotten more opportunities, but that isn't my argument. I'm judging him on the little I saw at the time, not what might have been had he played more.

roonster09

Scout
Once again, I never suggested we should have let him go, don't know why you're making that argument. If anything, I was annoyed we let him go as it was obvious he had talent.

He didn't play much, sure. The reason he didn't play much was 1. Because we had a clown as a manager and 2. the little he did play was extremely underwhelming.

You're right he should have gotten more opportunities, but that isn't my argument. I'm judging him on the little I saw at the time, not what might have been had he played more.
But you are judging him for playing so little mins, he didn't even play full game once and he played few mins here and there. That's the issue.

Also this was all when he was just a young player who just signed for big club, had so many rumors and all that drama off the field. If you exclude CS which isn't even official game when he played 80-90 mins which was spread across 3 games and 6 months. How is it fare to judge a young player on such a limited time with so many constraints?

Womp

idiot
But you are judging him for playing so little mins, he didn't even play full game once and he played few mins here and there. That's the issue.

Also this was all when he was just a young player who just signed for big club, had so many rumors and all that drama off the field. If you exclude CS which isn't even official game when he played 80-90 mins which was spread across 3 games and 6 months. How is it fare to judge a young player on such a limited time with so many constraints?
I simply said he was shit when he did play, wasn't making any judgements on the kid because of that. His performances weren't good enough and he was hardly anything special at Cardiff or back when he went to Crystal Palace for a few years, either. Take into account all of that, and it's evident you got a talented kid who was a few years away from maturing his game.

Lynty

Can you imagine Zaha at United under LVG and Jose? :lol:
Oh ye, that would have been a shambles.

No chance he’d get on the pitch under LVG

Would likely be a right back under Jose

LingardsBoots

Al this clap trap about "wilf" amazes me. He's totally shite, a one trick pony who hits the deck more often than Tyson fury and puts in no effort to track back thus not a team player. When he arrived at Old T he thought he was big time Charlie only to get found out by Moysie to be a complete cart horse.
If you gave me free tickets to go and see him play I'd throw them in the bin.
It's the same scenario with this demi god eddie howe. He's won nothing of note, never handled a big money signing and wouldn't be able to manage a boys under 16 team never mind Man United and all that goes with it.
Guy's open your eyes and see for yourself, stop jumping on band wagons cos its the in thing.
Zaha is crap in capital letters.

Reactions: Jippy

SiRed

Al this clap trap about "wilf" amazes me. He's totally shite, a one trick pony who hits the deck more often than Tyson fury and puts in no effort to track back thus not a team player. When he arrived at Old T he thought he was big time Charlie only to get found out by Moysie to be a complete cart horse.
It's the same scenario with this demi god eddie howe. He's won nothing of note, never handled a big money signing and wouldn't be able to manage a boys under 16 team never mind Man United and all that goes with it.
Guy's open your eyes and see for yourself, stop jumping on band wagons cos its the in thing.
Your opinion i suppose.

The guy is a monster. Id love for us to buy him

BlueHaze

What the feck do you mean by that? Tyson Fury is the greatest and also very loved by Man Utd fans. Your views on Zaha I agree with though. I still think it was a big mistake letting him go without a proper chance but for the money Palace want for him they can feck right off. In the current market he's worth £40m tops.

Lynty

No white text?

He's totally shite, a one trick pony.
Well most defenders are struggling against him. So totally shite is a bit of an exaggeration. But your opinion I guess.

hits the deck more often than Tyson fury and puts in no effort to track back thus not a team player.
He's second most fouled player in the league. Have you even seen some of the challenges that come in on him?

It's his job to stay high at crystal palace. It would be madness to ask him to track back when he's the main man going forward.

At this point I'm starting to think you don't even watch football?

When he arrived at Old T he thought he was big time Charlie only to get found out by Moysie to be a complete cart horse.
Where you getting this shite from? He made 4 appearances and mostly was a background character, getting his head down and training. The controversy spread about him was proved to be fake. He (rightly so) called out Moyes on his departure from the club, because of lack of opportunities.

Ok big man, calm down.

It's the same scenario with this demi god eddie howe...wouldn't be able to manage a boys under 16 team
Hmmm...?

Who promoted this guy from the newbies? Can we transfer him back?

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Ok

Member 39557

Was listening to talkshite earlier and they were discussing Zaha.

Apparently he's yet to hit double figures in goals or assists in a season. Not very good stats considering people rave about how much Palace rely on him.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
@ArmandTamzarian Tyson Fury has been dropped 4 times in his career for what it’s worth

EDIT - he deleted his reply calling a previous post poor because it said Zaha had gone down more times than Fury, AT said he has only been dropped twice in his career.

Kostur

海尔的老板
He's suffering from delusions of grandeur, comes across a cock in the interviews too. An average player who's pretty much a 'main man' in CP and who can only get what, 4 goals 5 assists since beginning of the season? For such an, apparently, amazing player his return is incredibly shit and all this talk of what he can do with his dribbling reminds me of when Hazard was topping those funny 'most dribbles completed' charts and Chelsea fans here (Orc iirc) kept on banging the 'if he wanted to score/assist more, he would' drum. Everybody obviously laughed at that idiocy.

If Zaha never played for us and didn't fail to make it here people wouldn't even bother talking about him coming here. The talk of him being our right winger makes me laugh, he cannot cut it as a striker/free role and would make even less of an impact on a wing here. For some reason though people want him here purely because he's fecked it up once here, same shit applies to Depay and the amount of this weird defending this clown gets here.

Oh sorry, forgot it was obviously Moyes and LVG's fault.

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool
@ArmandTamzarian Tyson Fury has been dropped 4 times in his career for what it’s worth

EDIT - he deleted his reply calling a previous post poor because it said Zaha had gone down more times than Fury, AT said he has only been dropped twice in his career.
I deleted it after seeing the fella had been banned. I stand corrected though but the point stands, its still a terrible comparison to make.

kundalini

Was listening to talkshite earlier and they were discussing Zaha.

Apparently he's yet to hit double figures in goals or assists in a season. Not very good stats considering people rave about how much Palace rely on him.
Palace have scored 45, 50 and 39 in the PL in the last 3 seasons. Zaha doesn't take penalties or free-kicks. Last season he got 9 goals and 3 assists. The season before 7 goals and 9 assists. Before that 2 goals and 1 assist. This season 4 goals and 2 assists.

Also worth noting that Palace have been awarded 28 penalties in the last four PL seasons. Not sure how many were for fouls on Zaha but must be quite a few.

I think his stats for last season and the season before, are fine. His shot map this season is awful, with no shots from central positions inside the box. Last season he got 5 goals from shots taken from inside the width of the posts, inside the box.

https://understat.com/player/522

binary bot
Found his level. Doesn't know what he's doing with the ball half the time.

Bobski

I don't see how his game adapts to playing for a better side. He can be the focal point of everything Palace do, which means he can try a lot of low percentage stuff, roam as he wishes. At one of the top teams he is not the best player and would have to play with discipline and structure.

Fun player to watch, very expressive both in terms of his football and his temperament which makes him quite engaging(or a dick if he is playing against your team) but it is very much the Zaha show. It will be interesting when he gets a move to see how much he learned from his time at Utd, as to be fair much of his current style is predicated on necessity.

Vadim

He’s got such a weird head/face, looks more like a juggler than a professional footballer.

mu4c_20le

He has the abilities to be a top player, maybe not world class but he'll have his days. Maybe it was because we had Alexis but watching the contrast between the two was depressing. Zaha has developed himself well in that he's actually quite strong and hard to knock off the ball. He should move to a bigger club as he's entering his best years.

Bojan11

Didn’t they play him through the centre last season and he looked better.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
I don't see how his game adapts to playing for a better side. He can be the focal point of everything Palace do, which means he can try a lot of low percentage stuff, roam as he wishes. At one of the top teams he is not the best player and would have to play with discipline and structure.

Fun player to watch, very expressive both in terms of his football and his temperament which makes him quite engaging(or a dick if he is playing against your team) but it is very much the Zaha show. It will be interesting when he gets a move to see how much he learned from his time at Utd, as to be fair much of his current style is predicated on necessity.
To be honest, I don't think he'll fit in. Unless he plays in a counter attacking setup he might get away with not being the focal point, but most likely it wont be enough for a top club. From what I've seen I don't think he can adapt. He should stay or get more of a lateral move.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout

He'd get doubled/tripled up on less if he played for a top side though you'd think.

Brightonian

To be honest, I don't think he'll fit in. Unless he plays in a counter attacking setup he might get away with not being the focal point, but most likely it wont be enough for a top club. From what I've seen I don't think he can adapt. He should stay or get more of a lateral move.
This. He's great because he gets so much ball, everything they do goes through him. So he can be relaxed, take risks, not put too much pressure on any one moment. Plus he gets an almost Ronaldo-like amount of freedom in terms of his position and not having to defend. Obviously he's talented, always has been, but he'd struggle anywhere bigger.

MAME DIOUF 32

I'm left wondering how good he could have been if he'd spent a decent amount of time at United under competent management. Too late for him to be a top class player now.

mu4c_20le

I'm left wondering how good he could have been if he'd spent a decent amount of time at United under competent management. Too late for him to be a top class player now.
I honestly think going back to Palace was the best thing for him. He didn't exactly light it up either for another 2 or so years but he came through their system so they believed in him and thats what he needed. He always had a bit of an immature side to him, and being at a big club like us might've actually derailed his developemtn if he lets it get to his head. We probably should have let him stay for a few years to develop if Moyes wasn't going to use him, he's a late bloomer and could still improve a bit I think with better players around him.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
He'd get doubled/tripled up on less if he played for a top side though you'd think.
Well yea, you don't get doubled up on when you never touch the pitch.

He's bang average and a colossal twat on top with a terrible attitude. He's in the right place. No top manager or players would put up with half the garbage he serves up on a regular basis. He'd have his ear chewed off in an instant and be perpetually benched.