Zaragoza ahead of Atletico Madrid for Man Utd's Forlan

soccerbest

Zaragoza ahead of Atletico Madrid for Man Utd's Forlan
tribalfootball.com - May 21, 2004

Real Zaragoza are in talks with Manchester United over striker Diego Forlan.
Atletico Madrid have also been negotiating with United over the Uruguayan, who can be signed for a knockdown £2.5 million.

Atletico are keen to sign Forlan to a 12-momth loan deal, while Zaragoza are indicating they're prepared to make an offer for the striker's permanent transfer.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/may/spanishnews4210504.html

Outremangeur

would be great for him and for us.

zaragoza is a nice club with great supporters and im sure that he will feel more at home there.
might even play good ;)

deltakaye

Outremangeur said:
would be great for him and for us.

zaragoza is a nice club with great supporters and im sure that he will feel more at home there.
might even play good ;)
have you seen him play for Uruguay? QUite good. You realise why we bought him. And wonder why he can't display the same performance for us.

scalisto

Zaragoza could be just the club for Diego. Nice club, great fans, very little media pressure plus the bonus of playing in next season's UEFA Cup. Hope it's true.

Outremangeur

deltakaye said:
have you seen him play for Uruguay? QUite good. You realise why we bought him. And wonder why he can't display the same performance for us.
yes i did.
thats why i said that he might even play good there.
him and the epl just didnt go together well.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
cant believe there actually two spanish clubs competing for forlan... :lol:

beergod

i think he could thrive on the slower pace of the game in spain, should do well for whoever signs him (i'd love to see him at Atletico Madrid personally)

RedPhil1957

beergod said:
i think he could thrive on the slower pace of the game in spain, should do well for whoever signs him (i'd love to see him at Atletico Madrid personally)

with torres coming to us :)

Wandering Red

Geez you guys are harsh. He plays well for Uruguay, and has had flashes of brilliance for us, just hasn't fit into our system. Its a shame, and I don't hear much complaining from him, but thats how it goes. He's scored some good goals for us, but with Saha, Bellion, and now Smith, his services just aren't needed anymore.

Hopefully we can get a bit more cash for him.

Ixion

The Forlan hating gets on my nerves, he has done nothing to warrent such negativity from fans. He has hardly played this season and people still get on his back, and the only time he did get a run he scored about 8 goals. It just doesn't make sense to me.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Ixion said:
The Forlan hating gets on my nerves, he has done nothing to warrent such negativity from fans. He has hardly played this season and people still get on his back, and the only time he did get a run he scored about 8 goals. It just doesn't make sense to me.
Well said, but then again, supporting the players isn't something the muppets do anyway.

reelworld

Ixion said:
Same here.
I kinda regret he didn't make it at Old Trafford, as I think he show us last season and in the WC that he have the ability. Unfortunately he'll need that run of games to performed well that United can't give him.
If he does go, I wish him all the best.