Ze Roberto

JCurr

Alright, muppet time. This closed season is lunacy. The more I think about prospective signings the less likely they seem. SAF just doesn't seem the type to enter this swarrhy. I am guessing he feels Berba will settle in next season with Rooney upfront(let's all hope) along with some of the younglings coming through. That's not to say I don't see a singing or two after Valencia. I just don't see any of the blue chippers being talked about coming in. With that in mind, Ze Roberto seems an interesting possibility. Bayern have told him he can leave. He's well on in years at this point which would make him very affordable. But watching a decent bit of Bayern last season, he was still one of their most consistent players, if not the most consistent. He still has pace to burn and is class on the ball with great reactions and vision. Not only would he shore up our midfield but he could do a job on the left when called upon as well. Would be good insurance if Nani were to disappoint. Me thinks it could be a very shrewd signing by Sir Alex. Supposedly he has an offer on the table from an English club(by all accounts could be City). I have no evidence, just purely speculation. But seems to me he would be a good fit.

HsJ

Surely he's too old to adapt to a new league. The German league is a lot slower than the English league. Its hard for someone to adapt unless they play in that feckin 'Makalele role'...

feck off Andy Gray.

JCurr

His age would be a plus as he would merely be bridging the gap for a couple of seasons. With Hargreaves' health uncertainty, surely worth a punt. And Ze Roberto looks like Speedy Gonzalez in the Bundesliga. There's no doubting he has the ability to make it in the EPL.

HsJ

His age would be a plus as he would merely be bridging the gap for a couple of seasons. With Hargreaves' health uncertainty, surely worth a punt. And Ze Roberto looks like Speedy Gonzalez in the Bundesliga. There's no doubting he has the ability to make it in the EPL.
Look like speedy Gonzalez when everyone is playing at a walking pace isn't hard. 35 years old isn't really the age to make an impact in a new league tbh.

but I haven't seen him play for years, so you may be right. Doubt it though.

JCurr

Look like speedy Gonzalez when everyone is playing at a walking pace isn't hard. 35 years old isn't really the age to make an impact in a new league tbh.

but I haven't seen him play for years, so you may be right. Doubt it though.
You obviously haven't watched much Bundesliga either. In terms of pace, it's closer to the EPL than any of the other top leagues. I would say of all the Bayern squad, Ze Roberto probably has as much or more pace than any. And that's saying something with the likes of Ribery and Lahm in the squad.

rednev

There is non worthy of worship except God
I think you're about 10 years too late.

Member 5225

got to say, took over United on FM and bought him for 1 season to blood the youth through

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Surely he's too old to adapt to a new league. The German league is a lot slower than the English league. Its hard for someone to adapt unless they play in that feckin 'Makalele role'...

feck off Andy Gray.
I think the German league is very close to the PL in terms of general pace.German players adapt well in England