Zeki Fryers

Status
Not open for further replies.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Not good enough, never ever impressed me in reserves/youth.

steeeb

If it wasn't for Evans, Smalling and Jones then you'd say he wouldn't be too bad a player to keep and continue developing. He's not in the same league as those 3 though, so in comparison - he isn't good enough.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Wouldn't call it shite, but yeah seeing so many youngsters leave is worrying. You start to wonder what's going on.
It's pretty fecking obvious what the issue is. Morrison has severe behavioural issues, Pogba is not committed to United and Fryers simply isn't good enough.

There is strong youth in our reserves, but we're not going to go out of our way to accommodate big headed pricks like Morrison and Pogba that have not shown the same level of commitment or worth to the team in order to pay their wage demands.

Morrison sends a very clear message to youth academy players that just because you're in our system, doesn't mean you've already made it as a football. Players should just ask Robbie Savage how gutting it is. He never got over it.

Moston Red

Formerly Giggs1973
I've been watching the reserves all season and he's a good player but not one that can't be replaced.

We don't want players that aren't committed to us. We're doing nothing wrong.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Yeah, he said on twitter he will not be resigning and will look for a team at championship level, that will give him more playing time.
Found that really weird, why not do it on loan from us? His final point "sometimes you have to be realistic" indicates to he has no expectation of ever being United quality, in which case fair enough.

lysglimt

Scout
Found that really weird, why not do it on loan from us? His final point "sometimes you have to be realistic" indicates to he has no expectation of ever being United quality, in which case fair enough.
Norwood isn't good enough for United - and he is not 18 anymore. You can't blame him for wanting to leave. I thought he was out of contract but Coventry said they had a bid rejected but hoped they could reach a deal with United. So maybe they offered £300k or so - and we hope for £700-800k

GCHQ

Glazer Crevice Headquarters
Sir Alex Ferguson, Ben Foster, Hayley McQueen.....
Norwood isn't good enough for United - and he is not 18 anymore. You can't blame him for wanting to leave. I thought he was out of contract but Coventry said they had a bid rejected but hoped they could reach a deal with United. So maybe they offered £300k or so - and we hope for £700-800k
He is out of contract but he's under the age of 24 and we've offered him a new deal on the same (or better) terms which means we're due some compensation from the club he joins. It's like Richard Eckersley's move to Burnley three years ago. That was settled at a tribunal about six months after the transfer took place. Think we got c. £500K.

lysglimt

Scout
He is out of contract but he's under the age of 24 and we've offered him a new deal on the same (or better) terms which means we're due some compensation from the club he joins. It's like Richard Eckersley's move to Burnley three years ago. That was settled at a tribunal about six months after the transfer took place. Think we got c. £500K.
ah right you are

PS18

Just dropping that in here, if Zeki, Pogba, Norwood all leave and you add in Matty James and Morrison leaving then we're not doing something right when SAF has talked about us having to bring players through.
Couldn't disagree more. Pogba aside, such departures are incredibly commonplace and don't indicate any problem at all. For Norwood and James, see Eagles, Martin and countless others. And we all know Morrison's departure was a special case and at our behest.

Brophs

The One and Only
So rather than wade through loads of Scholesy-esque Norwood banta', has Fryer confirmed he's off then?

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
For every Pogba and Morrison, there is Welbeck, Evans and Cleverley. We're definitely doing something right.

Brophs

The One and Only
Exactly. How many teams can say they produce as many players as we do, considering the standard they have to reach here is that much higher than almost everywhere else. The likes of Liverpool haven't brought through even one player as good as Evans in years.

LLMU

Exactly. How many teams can say they produce as many players as we do, considering the standard they have to reach here is that much higher than almost everywhere else. The likes of Liverpool haven't brought through even one player as good as Evans in years.
they got Martin Kelly in the Euro squad.
Just taking the piss.
It is not as if their career will end after leaving Utd. Football is a short career, they have to make good of it if they feel they have a better chance elsewhere

westlife4ever

Not really, never going to make it here. Great technique etc but his pace etc was always going to stop him
This. He always reminds me of Stephen McPhail. Great passer of the ball, but his overall game isn't good enough to make it at the top level.

Hopefully he will get a top-half Championship club and have a good career.

Decotron

This. He always reminds me of Stephen McPhail. Great passer of the ball, but his overall game isn't good enough to make it at the top level.

Hopefully he will get a top-half Championship club and have a good career.
Good comparison although McPhail imo would be the superior talent if injuries didnt kill him early...

Not that Trap would play him either way :smirk:

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
Ah yeah dont get me wrong, I wasnt dismissing his ability, some of his displays for us were fantastic to watch. He even morphed into Scholes for a very brief period of about 2 matches last year. His long distance passing was immense. Type of player that might do well abroad actually.
Be nice to see him go and do well. Like him.

I guess it's easy to get carried away with our youngsters.

Baxter

Not that disappointed. Decent player, but I don't think he make it here. Good luck.

Cold_Boy

Will be no loss at all.

I am pretty sure he won't make it at Spurs too(if this is true).

mo0

hope they can keep him hydrated given the amount of times he cramped up after coming on.

Ferguson

How many English players have been allowed to leave the club which later has been regretted?

I can think of plenty of foreign lads like Pique or Rossi, but I can't think of any English ones. Lots of good Premiership-class talent like Eagles or Foster or Richardson or Frazier Campbell, but no one the club absolutely screwed up with like Bayern did with Mats Hummels.

Ravel Morrison may become that player, but decisions have to be made on the margin and right now there was no way Ravel could stay at the club.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
I liked what I saw when he played for us in the CC, but I don't think he'll ever be a starter for our first team.

I just hope we're considering the value of our young players to this club, we need to at least be making a million pounds or two on these players, not seeing them walk away for nothing. I realize there are limitations on contract lengths for young players, but if they won't sign a new contract when we can offer it, we should move them along before their current contract expires so we get a decent fee.

Fryers is probably worth more to another club than he is to us, the only thing that bothers me is it doesn't seem like we'll make much profit off his training.

PS18

Well what choice did we have with Zeki? This time last year he was coming off a campaign where he'd hardly played due to injury, no-one was going to buy him for any sort of decent fee at that stage.

Jaz

How many English players have been allowed to leave the club which later has been regretted?

I can think of plenty of foreign lads like Pique or Rossi, but I can't think of any English ones. Lots of good Premiership-class talent like Eagles or Foster or Richardson or Frazier Campbell, but no one the club absolutely screwed up with like Bayern did with Mats Hummels.

Ravel Morrison may become that player, but decisions have to be made on the margin and right now there was no way Ravel could stay at the club.
Ravel is too dumb to be successful. Good job we got rid.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Well what choice did we have with Zeki? This time last year he was coming off a campaign where he'd hardly played due to injury, no-one was going to buy him for any sort of decent fee at that stage.
What's the rule, that 18 year olds can only sign 3 year contracts? He's only 19, so if that's right he can't be at the end of a contract already.

Perhaps he's almost 20 and will start next season on the last year of his deal? That would mean this summer would be our last chance to cash in at all, perhaps that's why we're reading about him, we're looking to sell if he won't sign the relatively small 1,500 a week contract.

I would say we should sign him to a slightly smaller contract than others are offering him, hopefully he'd take slightly less money to stay with United, and then look to sell him in the next summer from a position of strength.

But that doesn't seem to be how United do things, or how English teams are expected to act. In the States it would be seen as protecting your asset, but in England some would see it as holding back a player's career. SAF is very good about letting a player do what's best for their career, even if that means less money for United. Lord knows we could have gotten more out of Pique.

PS18

18 year olds can only sign 3 year deals as a maximum (I believe), but that doesn't mean they all do. As far as I know Zeki's was only for a year due to injury problems and lack of development, which isn't unusual.

lysglimt

Scout
Blackett looks special - but a bit Ferdinand-eque (lack of concentration) - Fryers never looked special at that age.

What makes Blackett special is that he has pace, strength, height and a thunderous shot with his left foot.

westlife4ever

Blackett looks special - but a bit Ferdinand-eque (lack of concentration) - Fryers never looked special at that age.

What makes Blackett special is that he has pace, strength, height and a thunderous shot with his left foot.
Do you reckon Blackett will be in the first team squad next season as Fábio and Fryers are both leaving?

I think his physics give him a chance to be fast-tracked into first team.

Status
Not open for further replies.