Zidane Iqbal

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Yeah liking what I’m seeing.

Chief123

Very very impressive so far against a lot of pressing against him!

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Playing well, lovely confidence but I’d like to see him pass it forwards more than backwards. He’s bought himself space really well and then lost the initiative by going backwards with the pass.

Yagami

Good post resistant
He's been one of my favourites for a while now. Him, Mejbri and Galbraith are great central midfielder prospects. Mainoo and Gore from the next gen.

3vra

Looks like prime Andreas Perreira on pre season mode…

Castia

One of the first times I’ve seen him and wow he’s brilliant

You can tell within 20 seconds of watching how he moves and turns with the ball how good he can be

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He's been good and has actually showed for the ball, and his technical ability has never been in question. It's a very encouraging first outing for him.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
He is the maestro type, the kind of player we've been missing in our midfield for over ten years, showed a lot of high level quality today. Haven't seen enough of him to place this performance in a fair context but maybe it's not needed. Maybe he'll just improve and play like this for the next ten years, that would be nice.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Looked more a proper central midfielder than I've ever seen from Scott today.

Golden Nugget

Hope we see more of him in pre season to show it wasnt just a one off. Really impressed with what I saw and would like him get at least some starts in the Europa this season

RedDevilRoshi

He’s one player I really want to see/hope makes it here. I’m British-Asian myself and it feels so proud seeing someone from the same background as me playing for Manchester United.

I thought he was very good. Very calm, composed and didn’t feel intimidated when Liverpool brought on the likes of Fabinho, Thiago etc.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He's very cultured with the ball at his feet, I've never rated him quite as highly as others but that's about as solid a start as he could ask for.

redom

He's got great balance and seems to move about the pitch well, his gait looks pretty effortless. I was a little disappointed in his distribution at times, either too safe or wasting a good situation he had created with his footwork by picking the wrong pass/ not executing it but hopefully that'll improve with experience and coaching. Maybe a bit early to be making any predictions but he's done himself no harm with that display.

Someone

Something
Love him. He's the kind of player that should be part of the 1st team and get minutes as much as possible. Looked really composed against a strong liverpool side.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Reminds me a bit of 2008 Anderson where he always tries to drive the ball forward.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
He trusts his dribbling a lot, a bit too much. At one stage he took the ball all the way back towards our box, then escaped the press and passed it straight down a blind alley to Liverpool. Typical of a talented youngster trying to make a name for themselves. But to transition, he needs to just learn when to pass, where to pass and when to dribble. Savage looked equally good in a more calm, move the ball well type of way, which I think lends itself to making the step up a bit easier as the manager will trust him.

Whilst they looked good individually, there's a reason we lost control of the game and couldn't progress up the pitch much. The attackers were very wasteful with any passes they did receive, but we just need to have more control of games and that's what ETH will not be happy about.

Good showings from the pair, look forward to seeing more of them. Hopefully Hannibal can shine too, and Garnacho, when they get the opportunity.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He was impressive, his close control is very good. Sun reported that EtH was impressed with Iqbal but they made mistake by adding Mejbri who wasn't even in the training. Maybe the Iqbal part is true.

Remember the geese

Different managers have different ideas and one of the interesting things when appointing a new one is discovering which players he takes a liking to and which ones he doesn't. Zidane Iqbal is a talented kid, but he isn't regarded as highly as some of the others in the academy. He has clearly caught ten Hag's eye and looked very comfortable out there today.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Looks like Zidane's developing quite well. That game he played in the European Cup he seemed a bit like a fish out of water. Today he was much better.

Obviously you can't really compare a competitive Champions League match with a preseason friendly. Footballers will naturally up their intensity for a proper game, which is not what we had today.

Still, Zidane had to keep up with Liverpool's starting midfielders for much of today's second half. Yes, they were better. Of course they were, Liverpool are one of the best teams in the world (vomit in my mouth as I write this). He didn't sink though, he didn't become a rabbit in the headlights. He had the confidence to play his natural game even when pressed. It was good to see.