Zidane watch

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
This is like Jardim, but the other way round. Why the sudden U-turn? They must’ve promised him a boat load of cash and a war chest bigger than Hazard’s arse. Why else would he want to risk that legacy?

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Good move from him. Knows the club and can still pull RM stars back to earth after 3 CL triumphs.

If he wants challenge of a team builder kudos to him for taking that risk.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Pretty clear Zidane would have waited for Ole to be nailed down here. It makes absolutely no sense otherwise because why would he wait until real are knocked out of the CL? They’ve been struggling all season - he could have jumped in and super man another CL. Instead he waited for Ole to be a certainty

MUM

He must be the very special one! Perez will stand behind him and have another go at Ramos. Bale and Isco look out the door, I bet Solari is glad to get out of the place.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Till 2022, that is pretty surprising. Press conference is going to be interesting.

Going to be massive rebuilding of the squad over the summer and not going to be easy to manage it.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Good move for Madrid. Certainly much better than toxic Jose.

Ban

Most if not all wanted Jose to go but some are really obsessed with him to no end.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Have they officially sacked Solari then? He did have a 2 year contract didn’t he?

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Have they officially sacked Solari then? He did have a 2 year contract didn’t he?
Yes. 3 year contract, but probably he will only get the first year(4m €) and perhaps will continue working at the club

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Pretty clear Zidane would have waited for Ole to be nailed down here. It makes absolutely no sense otherwise because why would he wait until real are knocked out of the CL? They’ve been struggling all season - he could have jumped in and super man another CL. Instead he waited for Ole to be a certainty
Why would it have anything to do with United? Madrid had their own internal politics to sort out and I don't see why he would care about this particular season, the next seasons are a lot more important for him or the club.

CM

It makes you wonder why Zidane left in the first place

JPRouve

Scout
It makes you wonder why Zidane left in the first place
The rumour says that it was a disagreement between Perez, Zidane and the board. With the later two wanting a rebuild and key players sold.

caid

Probably smart from him. Leave for a year while the old team collapses and multiple managers get fired and come back when they're ready to start rebuilding with more realistic ambitions.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
Before gloating about rivals losing their players, you guys do realize that Zidane is French and he wanted Pogba when we bought him, only for Perez to block the transfer?

Raiola or Pogba's brother (don't remember who) also recently said Pogba would leave United only for Real or Barca, if I am correct.

We are at threat the most with this appointment. Mourinho wouldn't touch Pogba with a 10 foot pole now atleast.
My first reaction as well. Zidane will want Pogba, and it will be hard to resist when such a legend of a countryman wants you to be part of the most glamorous and successful club in Europe who can match whatever offer United make.

All this talk of x years left on contract is pointless - no point keeping an unhappy star player in your team against his will.

I hope we get CL for next year and that Pogba chooses Manchester under Ole when he has to make a call.

cheeky_backheel

- James is definitely not going back
- Isco is more likely to leave (Zidane only played him when Bale was injured)
- PSG will not sell Mbappe and they have no reason to except the player forces a move (Instead PSG will be looking to replace Cavani)
- Madrid will likely get Hazard but he is not really what they need with Vinicius playing a similar role and Hazard being 28yrs+
- Will be interesting to see what Zidane does with his 'son', Benzema
- Bale is almost definitely out

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
- PSG will not sell Mbappe and they have no reason to except the player forces a move (Instead PSG will be looking to replace Cavani)
- Madrid will likely get Hazard but he is not really what they need with Vinicius playing a similar role and Hazard being 28yrs+
Who would buy him?

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
"It´s a special day, I am very happy" "I left because I needed it, the squad needed it. I love the president and the club a lot,that´s why I am here. I am looking forward to training again"

sam147

Zidane left because he wanted an overhaul of the team. Perez realised Zidanes right. Now he is back. Watch Madrid, a team far superior than United sign 6+ players this summer. While United fans have started to believe this academy nonsense, whenever we are linkee to players they think what about chong, what about Laird and Gomes. People need to stop buying into the academy nonsense. Where is Bortwick Jackson, Mcnair, Blackett and Wilson. The CO92 was an anomaly. We shouldnt limit ourselves from signing top players because of youth. 100% guaranteed only 1 or 2 out of the current crop will make it as United players.

el3mel

I think with Zidane in they won't get a striker. Benzema will be his man again. They'll probably get now one of Neymar or Hazard to replace Ronaldo. Also think Isco will stay.

cyberman

My first reaction as well. Zidane will want Pogba, and it will be hard to resist when such a legend of a countryman wants you to be part of the most glamorous and successful club in Europe who can match whatever offer United make.

All this talk of x years left on contract is pointless - no point keeping an unhappy star player in your team against his will.

I hope we get CL for next year and that Pogba chooses Manchester under Ole when he has to make a call.
Perez blocked nothing though, Pogba chose us over Madrid.
There's no need to unnecessarily scare yourselves over it.

JPRouve

Scout
@carvajal he said it didn't he? He thinks and thought that the team needed change.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
Zidane left because he wanted an overhaul of the team. Perez realised Zidanes right. Now he is back. Watch Madrid, a team far superior than United sign 6+ players this summer. While United fans have started to believe this academy nonsense, whenever we are linkee to players they think what about chong, what about Laird and Gomes. People need to stop buying into the academy nonsense. Where is Bortwick Jackson, Mcnair, Blackett and Wilson. The CO92 was an anomaly. We shouldnt limit ourselves from signing top players because of youth. 100% guaranteed only 1 or 2 out of the current crop will make it as United players.
Do you not know how much we've spent since SAF left? Or the number of players who've come in and failed and left? We're not Spurs, we're gonna spend a feckload this summer as well, just like the last few seasons.

I can't understand how you turn Zidane's appointment into a dig at United. It's quite bizarre.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Such an awkward press conference. They keep giving him quotes of what he said in the last press conference last season and asking him what's changed and he can't answer.

Says that the team needed a change and defends his decision to leave.

Then they ask him why he came back and he says it's because the president asked him to and he couldn't say no... why the feck did he leave last season then?

It's so blatantly obvious they're bullshitting.

JPRouve

Scout
Such an awkward press conference. They keep giving him quotes of what he said in the last press conference last season and asking him what's changed and he can't answer.

They want him to say why change didn't come but he won't.

Bizarre rant.

Then they ask him why he came back and he says it's because the president asked him to and he couldn't say no... why the feck did he leave last season then?

It's so blatantly obvious they're bullshitting.
To be fair to Zidane, after some time out he mighr genuinely miss being involved.

But it would be great if he just admitted they've given him silly money to return.

cheeky_backheel

I think with Zidane in they won't get a striker. Benzema will be his man again. They'll probably get now one of Neymar or Hazard to replace Ronaldo. Also think Isco will stay.
Why would Isco stay? He doesnt really suit Zidane's attacking trident, and with Vinicius, Asensio, Vasquez and the likely arrival of Neymar or Hazard, Zidane has no reason to change formation and Isco will be spending most of his time on the bench.

Isco is most likely ending up in Citeh, where he will easily replace D. Silva.