Zidane watch

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Well, people have questioned whether the success was down to him or the great players they had.

Now, he can rescue Madrid from the doldrums and if he's successful, then there would be no question.
No doubt if that happens, he’ll have spent an absolute feck tonne to do so. I think the question marks will still remain.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Total agreement with club and player.50m€.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Very good signing. Weird how Militão is replacing the gap Pepe left 2 years ago while Pepe will be the one replacing Militão in Porto's team

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Wouldn’t be surprised if they didn’t had that agreement a few months ago. Anyway hopefully they play him as CB.

JMack1234

I guess we'll see what Zidane is made of now.

If we can come in, refresh the squad and win some trophies he'll silence all of the 'Pep Guardiola is my idol, 'only a man-manager' critics.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Right fullback. And better ask Florentino to hire someone to follow him during the night.
The right full back position is well covered.Hopefully won't reach Coentrao levels during the night :D

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
The right full back position is well covered.Hopefully won't reach Coentrao levels during the night :D
Don’t think is that extreme but you know the more Brazilians on the squad the higher is the chance for that to happen.

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
Right fullback. And better ask Florentino to hire someone to follow him during the night.
Theoretically, I suppose, but from what I read from other Porto fans (I've been watching little football these last two seasons) he's shit there, and in truth since he was shoved there to accommodate Pepe our results have faltered badly.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Theoretically, I suppose, but from what I read from other Porto fans (I've been watching little football these last two seasons) he's shit there, and in truth since he was shoved there to accommodate Pepe our results have faltered badly.
Don’t think he is shit as fullback if we compare him to a Manafa but honestly think his partnership with Felipe was great. Honestly think they signed Pepe already to prevent his departure to Madrid.

Ace of Spades

It's the opposite of "no-nonsense". It's pure nonsense.

You want rid of a player? Tell him and get rid, not talk about it for months on end.
Didn't you get the memo ? Everything everyone else does is right and proper, everything we do is a mess and a sign of incompetence.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Zidane's a prick, the way he talks about Pogba and Bale in the media is not on

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Didn't you get the memo ? Everything everyone else does is right and proper, everything we do is a mess and a sign of incompetence.
It took them one bad season after back to back to back CL triumphs to realise they needed to improve their squad significantly. We've had one bad season after the other yet showing minimal ambition in the window. You might be satisfied with mediocrity but doesn't mean everyone else will be too.

izec

Woah, I thought some people made this up. Turns out Zidane actually said it.

Not sure how to make of this, having a manager clearly said it out loud. I think making subtle hints is enough. Isn't the close-door policy a better approach.
He didnt want to leave, so they went all public

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Woah, I thought some people made this up. Turns out Zidane actually said it.

Not sure how to make of this, having a manager clearly said it out loud. I think making subtle hints is enough. Isn't the close-door policy a better approach.
Probably. But Bale’s agent has been pretty outspoken saying “well he’ll just sit around and not play and collect his money”, so it’s probably seen as tit for tat

R'hllor

Well on one side, you have a prick on monster wages who rather sit and pick them up (his right) while golfing everyday, on other side you have assholes and circus trying to push him out shameless. "We hope he can leave soon..." dayum chill man, if this was us, we will have people saying how it would effect our future dealings, the way how we treat our own players, seems RM doesnt give a fook.

Ace of Spades

It took them one bad season after back to back to back CL triumphs to realise they needed to improve their squad significantly. We've had one bad season after the other yet showing minimal ambition in the window. You might be satisfied with mediocrity but doesn't mean everyone else will be too.
They needed yo rebuild their squad as it was ageing, not because they had a poor season. Just because you like to moan about everything, does not mean everyone else will too.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Jesus, this again? Because everyone isn't having a go at the club 27/7 doesn't mean people are happy with mediority. I think some posters are very simple minded.

LoneStar

Wish we could have this no nonsense approach at United :(
No thanks. Treating a player who won you many finals and cups like that? No class at all.

There's a (clear) difference between being decisive and being a prick.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Jesus, this again? Because everyone isn't having a go at the club 27/7 doesn't mean people are happy with mediority. I think some posters are very simple minded.
I think the simple minded are the top reds that get offended every time someone dares to question the club's lack of ambitions.

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF
I'll never understand the UTTER lack of respect towards Bale. He was as important in 13-18 as Eto'o, Villa and Ney/Suárez were for Barça in 09, 11 and 15 respectively. CR couldn't have done it alone.