Zidane watch

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
They want to get rid of Bale for some time now, but he was happy to sit on the bench/treatment table and pick up wages for nothing. They had to go public to kick him out. They are not a charity. Bale had time to look for clubs, but seems like he had to be forced to. Just like players can stay of course, clubs can force them out in a way as well. May be classless for some, for others it isnt. Bale knew before going there how they operate if they dont want you, plenty of examples in the past.
Bale was offered 600k a week to play at Real, if he leaves he needs to lower his wages and lose out on that money. Why would he? He plays for an ungrateful bunch of media darling twats. Real need to start accepting that they're a club like any other and can't just do whatever they want all the time.

Cloud7

I hope he doesn’t leave unless he gets the same amount of money that he’s making now. This is quite funny to watch :lol:

Red-Jeff

The people complaining about him not taking a wage cut and leaving :lol:

As if you would leave your current company where you make a pile of money and have a contract to keep making that money as long as you meet the requirements of your contract.

Pay him the money that he is owed per his contract or shut up about it. This is his living and how he supports his family, of course he’s going to pick the money!

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I still don't see why he'd want to leave.
Living in sunny Spain, making 600k a week? You'd be insane to throw that away.
He's already been a hugely successful footballer, it's not like he has anything to prove.
He'd be best off winding down his contract and maybe moving to the MLS when it expires or something.
Plus if he doesn't go we won't get stuck with him, which is probably a bonus.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
I still don't see why he'd want to leave.
Living in sunny Spain, making 600k a week? You'd be insane to throw that away.
He's already been a hugely successful footballer, it's not like he has anything to prove.
He'd be best off winding down his contract and maybe moving to the MLS when it expires or something.
Plus if he doesn't go we won't get stuck with him, which is probably a bonus.
I dont think he cares where he plays, he's just not leaving if he's taking a pay cut. I wouldnt either. Madrid are fools much like PSG with Neymar.

TheeAma12

Supports
Chelsea
Bale deserves this.

He did feck all in 2017-18 bar the CL final, where he complained about playtime and talked about making "decisions", the club got him an improved contract, Ronnie was gone, and it was supposed to be his year, his team, he had to step it up, take more responsibility. But he just chilled for the next year, playing golf, and sitting on that contract. He's got no ambition, not in here at least. Now the club is making the "decisions" he was asking for.
No ya'll are just ungrateful. He's been a key player for you since his arrivals, yes he has been injured but even when injured and comes back he has scored big goals in big games and won you titles. Two champions league titles are done to Bale and his goal scoring.

Madrid fans are known to be the worst in the world and are nothing but pricks really. You booed CR7, one of, if not the greatest player to walk through those doors breaking every record possible. He has never gone to the media and complain, he has never showed up late for training or anything that warrants this type of treatment, So what if he doesn't like to party and prefers to spend his time playing golf and with his family, so what if he doesn't want to speak spanish, the only language he needs to speak is on the pitch and perform.

Player's can't control when they get injured. Madrid offered him a new deal when other clubs wanted him he repaid back that deal with clinching a UCL final. You want bale Gone, you either pay up the contract in full and release him or lower your demands and compensate the wage. Madrid isn't in the driving seat for this. At any other club a player that has contributed to your european dominance and scored in 2 finals along with scoring big goals in most big games wouldn't be treated this way, but it's Madrid so no one expects anything less.

Reactions: KM

Topgun1

Lewandowski lover
Supports
Arsenal
Cannot believe how dumb the British football-supporting public are on the BBC website. Fine if they want to stick up for Bale (a person who failed totally to shine in Ronaldo's absence and was nowhere to be seen & refused to celebrate with his teammates and whose teammates basically hate him), but to bash Zidane's managerial record is another level of stupid. Take a look at this comment, I highlighted the insanely moronic parts. This comment was heavily upvoted as well, how stupid are the British public?

53. Posted byPete_B
on21 Jul 2019 07:01
As far as I have seen bale has conducted himself perfectly, and has been a scapegoat for zidanes failings as a manager. Sell bale then buy another mercenary like neymar, and come second to Barcelona again, then quit Real Madrid again. A prime example of a brilliant player becoming a bang average over hyped manager.

Last edited:

Red-Jeff

Cannot believe how dumb the British football-supporting public are on the BBC website. Fine if they want to stick up for Bale (a person who failed totally to shine in Ronaldo's absence and was nowhere to be seen & refused to celebrate with his teammates and whose teammates basically hate him), but to bash Zidane's managerial record is another level of stupid. Take a look at this comment:

53. Posted byPete_B
As far as I have seen bale has conducted himself perfectly, and has been a scapegoat for zidanes failings as a manager. Sell bale then buy another mercenary like neymar, and come second to Barcelona again, then quit Real Madrid again. A prime example of a brilliant player becoming a bang average over hyped manager.

I highlighted the insanely moronic parts. This comment was heavily upvoted as well, how stupid are are the British public?
Slow your role Pistol Pete. We’re only allowed to call the American public stupid on these here boards!

Topgun1

Lewandowski lover
Supports
Arsenal
Slow your role Pistol Pete. We’re only allowed to call the American public stupid on these here boards!
Seems like it yeah sometimes. But just to make it clear, I'm criticizing the user Pete_B. I edited my earlier post for clarity.

British can be just as braindead as the 'muricans

MVBDX

Supports
Real Madrid
Cannot believe how dumb the British football-supporting public are on the BBC website. Fine if they want to stick up for Bale (a person who failed totally to shine in Ronaldo's absence and was nowhere to be seen & refused to celebrate with his teammates and whose teammates basically hate him), but to bash Zidane's managerial record is another level of stupid. Take a look at this comment, I highlighted the insanely moronic parts. This comment was heavily upvoted as well, how stupid are the British public?

53. Posted byPete_B
Pretty much. Bale has conducted himself perfectly? Haha what?

Under Carlo he went above him, and directly asked Perez to ensure he would play in the middle. Carlo didn't budge, he did the same to Benitez and found success. He's like those kids that are act cool and humble then do whatever it takes behind your back, through proxies! (his agent)

He spoke after the CL final to say he was leaving because he wasn't a starter. Then he got an improved contract, Ronaldo was gone, and he had to take more responsibility but he did feck all, sat on his arse and played golf, he was the same the season before that bar the final against Pool.

He left the stadium when he was subbed off, didn't take the team bus on occasions, left press box early in games he wasn't participating in all last season.

He hasn't even learned basic Spanish after 6 years, they talk to him through sign! Fecking sign language.

Habs

Bale is doing what pretty much what any of us would do. He's done nothing wrong here, Madrid gave him a ridiculous contract and now they want out? Tough sh!t!

If he doesn't get an offer that he or his family prefer, he should stay.

MVBDX

Supports
Real Madrid
Bale is doing what pretty much what any of us would do. He's done nothing wrong here, Madrid gave him a ridiculous contract and now they want out? Tough sh!t!

He is, and the club isn't doing anything wrong as well. He can sit on his arse and play golf, just like the club being able to make it harder for him.

It was a shame though, had he had a bit of ambition it wouldn't have ended like this.

NM

He is, and the club isn't doing anything wrong as well. He can sit on his arse and play golf, just like the club being able to make it harder for him.

It was a shame though, had he had a bit of ambition it wouldn't have ended like this.
:lol:

It's a shame though. If Madrid thought of this before offering a contract it wouldn't have ended like this.

RedPed

Whatabouter.

53. Posted byPete_B
Not much wrong with that to be fair. To say he's bang average is a bit harsh but over-hyped? Of course. Madrid have to buy themselves out of trouble for Zidane to shine again. He was never going to have Ronaldo for ever.

That's why I'm fecking glad United are digging their heels in over Pogba and not bending over for those scumbags. I hope Bale does stay and fecks them over. About time they had a taste of their own medicine.

mu4c_20le

Madrid's handling of the whole situation has been terrible and honestly, they deserve the negative publicity. As far as i remember, Bale only said to the media that he'd rather see out his contract while playing golf after the club basically told him he has no future and must leave. They were trying to force him out and thats when he dropped those comments, which obviously did not go well with the Madrid fans. It was not because they wouldn't play in through the middle.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
You see it's not really Zidane being a prick, Madrid is just that kind of club. If They want to get rid, They get rid.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
You see it's not really Zidane being a prick, Madrid is just that kind of club. If They want to get rid, They get rid.
They're not getting rid though. They're just whining about it in the media.

This will end up with Bale on loan somewhere with Real Madrid still paying a lot of his wages.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic

This will end up with Bale on loan somewhere with Real Madrid still paying a lot of his wages.
Could be their way of making the player uncomfortable to force him out. Lots of Madrid fans will want Bale out at this rate.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Could be their way of making the player uncomfortable to force him out. Lots of Madrid fans will want Bale out at this rate.
At this rate? Most of us wanted him out before zidane did :D

As for the current situation, i didn't like Zidane's 24/48 hours comment to the media, and it's not his place or his job to talk about it either.

Other than that, it is what it is. The manager doesn't want him, the club chooses to back the manager(unwillingly for the most part), and the player wants to respect his contract. There's no right or wrong here, other than Zidane should keep him mouth shut about it in public

GBBQ

As for the current situation, i didn't like Zidane's 24/48 hours comment to the media, and it's not his place or his job to talk about it either.

Other than that, it is what it is. The manager doesn't want him, the club chooses to back the manager(unwillingly for the most part), and the player wants to respect his contract. There's no right or wrong here, other than Zidane should keep him mouth shut about it in public
There is no wrong here except for that pretty shitty wrong thing Zidane is doing.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid

Do you think we held a press conference about it or that Zidane has been asked a question by a journalist?

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Not much wrong with that to be fair. To say he's bang average is a bit harsh but over-hyped? Of course. Madrid have to buy themselves out of trouble for Zidane to shine again. He was never going to have Ronaldo for ever.

That's why I'm fecking glad United are digging their heels in over Pogba and not bending over for those scumbags. I hope Bale does stay and fecks them over. About time they had a taste of their own medicine.
No manager who wins three champions league trophies in a row is ever overhyped.

GBBQ

One classless comment while overstepping his boundaries
I was being facetious. I agree that Madrid have every right to exclude him from their plans and I think as well Bale should be somewhat open to a move.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

Zidane can still talk about it or answer to question without necessarily stooping too low.

cyberman

He's getting nervous imo. He knows they didn't do enough in the market

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Zidane can still talk about it or answer to question without necessarily stooping too low.
I really think as the manager, if you're asked "is player X leaving?" Your answer must be "not my job, ask the club". Any other answer and you're overstepping

I agree you can still give an answer without being classless though

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Do you think we held a press conference about it or that Zidane has been asked a question by a journalist?
You held a press conference and spoke about many things, including this.

Zidane has done a fair few of them in the past couple of decades, he's probably been asked 10,000 awkward questions on 1,000 awkward subjects. He's not some simpleton being led by a sly reporter.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
You held a press conference and spoke about many things, including this.

Zidane has done a fair few of them in the past couple of decades, he's probably been asked 10,000 awkward questions on 1,000 awkward subjects. He's not some simpleton being led by a sly reporter.
He's worse than Hitler tbf.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea

This.

They gave him the contract. Give him away for free if they want rid that much.

redshaw

Seems like it yeah sometimes. But just to make it clear, I'm criticizing the user Pete_B. I edited my earlier post for clarity.

British can be just as braindead as the 'muricans

As can the Germans or any other nationality. We saw it with Bastian.

Lots of people around the world have questioned Zidane and are waiting for him to fail in his second stint. You're putting way too much weight on some salty comment on the BBC in a region of 65 million. You can do the same for any country, find a retaliatory up voted comment and say how stupid the Italians are.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I really think as the manager, if you're asked "is player X leaving?" Your answer must be "not my job, ask the club". Any other answer and you're overstepping

I agree you can still give an answer without being classless though
Some diplomatic answer like that and there is no polemic whatsoever. Everything is done on purpose obviously

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic

Yes but it will be much worse now. I mean He was a scapegoat for being Bale. I can only see two choices : out or fans abusing him again. To be fair I would be pissed as well if someone in ManUnited is getting paid 600k to do jack shit and play golf. We have our own in Sanchez, huge salary and pretty much useless but Ole is still neutral about him.

But in the case of Bale He's on 600k per week and the manager publicly said He's not needed after enduring years of being made a scapegoat. If He stays for another year, I can only imagine what your fans will do to his car. Maybe booing him every time They see him? throwing bananas? the list is endless.