Zinedine Zidane | Resigns

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Thread title is missing: '...this week'

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
One of the few teams that can make a risky appointment like this. Their team is absolutely brilliant.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Hope he fails spectacularly and serves as a warning for us with Giggs.

amolbhatia50k

Not sure it's a good decision. I don't see them winning La Liga this year. And Rafa is very good at cups.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
One of the few teams that can make a risky appointment like this. Their team is absolutely brilliant.
It's a very good team but not a brilliant one, they've allowed too many weaknesses to creep in over the last few years and instead of plugging the holes they've just compensated with a very good attack.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Too right, what's the worst that could happen to such a brilliant team when they have a manager not up to the job? They definitely won't have to sack the manager that's for sure.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
I do not understand the obsession Real has with Zidane becoming the manager. And why does Zidane want this anyway? He is Zidane management is for people who need to constantly prove himself. He doesn't he is Zidane. For the rest of his life being are going to love him for being Zidane he does not need to prove himself here. And if management was his goal all along why did it take him so long to really pursue it.

amolbhatia50k

It's a very good team but not a brilliant one, they've allowed too many weaknesses to creep in over the last few years and instead of plugging the holes they've just compensated with a very good attack.
There are very few weaknesses. They lack a defensive midfielder, and can be suspect in defence, but there is enormous quality everywhere. I'll put it this way, the worst they're going to finish in La Liga is 3rd. Hence, it's not the risk it would be at United.

amolbhatia50k

Too right, what's the worst that could happen to such a brilliant team when they have a manager not up to the job? They definitely won't have to sack the manager that's for sure.
The worst that'll happen is they'll stay 3rd and go out of the CL. Not quite like free-falling to 7th.

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
I find it exciting how many of the managers of top clubs around are now players I grew up watching. Thierry and Vieira next.

Someone

Something
Maybe perez didn't want zidane to follow the popular ancelotti, so he chose someone doomed to fail to make hiring zidane a welcomed relief by the players.

amolbhatia50k

I do not understand the obsession Real has with Zidane becoming the manager. And why does Zidane want this anyway? He is Zidane management is for people who need to constantly prove himself. He doesn't he is Zidane. For the rest of his life being are going to love him for being Zidane he does not need to prove himself here. And if management was his goal all along why did it take him so long to really pursue it.
Strange way to look at it. Maybe he really wants to be a manager and feels passionately about it? Guardiola had achieved more than enough in the game to care going by your logic. He was a terrific player in his day.

Red Pavan

shittest username ever manutddabest791
I think the players have huge respect for Zidane, so i think they will play for him and the performances will definitely improve.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
What did Cruyff have to prove ?

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Strange way to look at it. Maybe he really wants to be a manager and feels passionately about it? Guardiola had achieved more than enough in the game to care going by your logic. He was a terrific player in his day.
He did but, when he was 32 no decent club wanted to sign him so he went to Qatar. Being completely written off as a player at a youngish age motivated him.

amolbhatia50k

He did but, when he was 32 no decent club wanted to sign him so he went to Qatar. Being completely written off as a player at a youngish age motivated him.
He was obviously very keep on tactics, management etc. The point is that it is a completely different "job profile" which can attract people.

ZIDANE

Supports
The Philosophy.
What do Madrid fans on here think of this? It has similarities with United appointing Giggs, if anything probably makes it more likely as Woody will want to emulate Barca/Pep and Madrid/Zidane.