Zion Suzuki - Goalkeeper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orange Tree

Seems relatively expensive for a Jleague signing. But I do like this kind of signing.

Varun1

I love a signing like this, gets me more excited than more well known players.

Saying that, if true, where's the pathway to the first team for Kovar?

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Ok so it seems like he's not gonna be any use next season. Not even as number 2 Gk. Thought that money is tight.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Ok so it seems like he's not gonna be any use next season. Not even as number 2 Gk. Thought that money is tight.
I thought we had a separate budget for younger signings such as this, so potentially may not be the same budget.

edgecutter

I've been a fan of his ever since I heard about him today. Sign him up

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I thought we had a separate budget for younger signings such as this, so potentially may not be the same budget.
I don't know how FFP would differentiate that.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I would assume our FFP compliant budget factors that in.
How is it different to FFP? based on age or which group the new signing will play? Because it doesn't make sense for the former, and would be difficult to track for the government body if the later.

But i don't know much, anyway. So you're probably right.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
How is it different to FFP? based on age or which group the new signing will play? Because it doesn't make sense for the former, and would be difficult to track if the later.
I imagine our 100M budget for first team players, to be FFP compliant, means that money is already budgeted for youth recruitment. As far as I know, there are two separate recruitment teams, unless I have that wrong. Would be a weird way to budget if it all just came from the same pool and tough luck if you don't spend it first.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
I imagine our 100M budget for first team players, to be FFP compliant, means that money is already budgeted for youth recruitment. As far as I know, there are two separate recruitment teams, unless I have that wrong. Would be a weird way to budget if it all just came from the same pool and tough luck if you don't spend it first.
He would not be classed as an academy signing. He turns 21 next month.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite

I see. Yes, it can work that way. I just think first team should be priority when the budget is tight and we have needs of 2 Gk.

We need an rvn

Scouts have been sent a YouTube video of his best throws and been offered to buy the bargain of the century for £5m. Lest we not forget the Bebe YouTube videos that made us sign him as this has bebe v2 all over it as that’s a hell of a lot of money for someone who has only played a handful of league games in a minor league and not an international yet.

worldinmotion66

A goalkeeper like this alongside an experienced player coming to the end of their career (like heaton) competing for the number 2 goalkeeper slot, seems like a good plan to me. Got to trust the scouts sooner or later

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Scouts have been sent a YouTube video of his best throws and been offered to buy the bargain of the century for £5m. Lest we not forget the Bebe YouTube videos that made us sign him as this has bebe v2 all over it as that’s a hell of a lot of money for someone who has only played a handful of league games in a minor league and not an international yet.
He’s not even 1st choice at his current team is he? So how have scouts seen him play?

BarstoolProphet

Which Bebe videoes? From Homeless World Cup?

We need an rvn

He’s not even 1st choice at his current team is he? So how have scouts seen him play?
See my first line mate, scouts probably have been sent a YouTube video (probably the one on page on rod the thread.

but yes, joking aside, not first choice but made anumber of appearances - but the first I’ve ever heard or read about him is all on page 1 - like 99.9% of us on here

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
See my first line mate, scouts probably have been sent a YouTube video (probably the one on page on rod the thread.

but yes, joking aside, not first choice but made anumber of appearances - but the first I’ve ever heard or read about him is all on page 1 - like 99.9% of us on here
Fair enough mate, wouldn’t surprise me if that’s how our scouts find players to be fair on YouTube :lol:

Zed 101

By that reckoning we would never be able to sign any player not already playing 1st team football.... I guess that is our youth team scuttled then

SparkedIntoLife

Looks like we have been trying to get a new 2nd/3rd choice keeper in, going by the links to Altay, Wahlstedt, Bijlow, Petrovic etc. This lad seems interesting.

If he’s signed and Onana comes, would we be the first PL team to have 2 black first team keepers?

Zed 101

Looks like we have been trying to get a new 2nd/3rd choice keeper in, going by the links to Altay, Wahlstedt, Bijlow, Petrovic etc. This lad seems interesting.

If he’s signed and Onana comes, would we be the first PL team to have 2 black first team keepers?
Why would you even say that? I am sure you don't mean anything negative, probably think you are being positive, but stop labelling, who cares about the colour of their skin

noelyman

Why would you even say that? I am sure you don't mean anything negative, probably think you are being positive, but stop labelling, who cares about the colour of their skin
Speaking as someone who is of mixed race I think I’m qualified to say “YOU probably think you’re being positive”

But it’s not a taboo thing to discuss the colour of someone’s skin per se. We celebrate black history month and bemoan the lack of black managers in management. We can’t do so while pretending colour doesn’t exist. As for the original question which you shot down. Yes I do believe we would be the first team that I’m aware of with 2 black first team keepers.

Nothing wrong with saying that, arguably something to be celebrated. At least we know our recruitment team don’t discriminate based on the color of skin.

Zed 101

Speaking as someone who is of mixed race I think I’m qualified to say “YOU probably think you’re being positive”

But it’s not a taboo thing to discuss the colour if someone’s skin. We celebrate black history month and bemoan the lack of black managers in management. We can’t do so while pretending colour doesn’t exist. As for the original question which you shot down. Yes I do believe we would be the first team that I’m aware of with 2 black first team keepers.

Nothing wrong with saying that, arguably something to be celebrated. At least we know our recruitment team don’t discriminate based on the color of skin.
I agree with you I just get annoyed when it is the first thing people reach for, like when they say this player reminds me of that player, the player always has the same skin colour, maybe I am too sensitive about these things

Santos J

But it’s not a taboo thing to discuss the colour of someone’s skin per se. We celebrate black history month and bemoan the lack of black managers in management. We can’t do so while pretending colour doesn’t exist. As for the original question which you shot down. Yes I do believe we would be the first team that I’m aware of with 2 black first team keepers.

West Ham 01/02, Shaka Hislop & David James

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
If this is true then I feel he'll be loaned out for a few years. He's eligible to represent Japan, USA and Ghana.

The thread below is from last year.

The tweet below since being linked to Man Utd.

Jagged Edge compilation music :lol: crazy

SparkedIntoLife

I think it's very positive and I'm far from woke or whatever. When I was growing up (I'm almost 40 now) I was aware of negative stereotypes about black keepers. Also, if you quantified the amount of black players in each position to feature in the PL, I'd dare say that GK would come up with the fewest. It's not something I'm especially thinking a lot about but I'm pleased that there's lots of very prominent black keepers nowadays, with Maignan potentially the best in the world right now. You've made it into a bigger deal than me - I was just asking a quick question. No need to turn it into a culture war.

West Ham 01/02, Shaka Hislop & David James
True! Thought they'd played together at Portsmouth too but they just missed each other.

Santos J

I think it's very positive and I'm far from woke or whatever. When I was growing up (I'm almost 40 now) I was aware of negative stereotypes about black keepers. Also, if you quantified the amount of black players in each position to feature in the PL, I'd dare say that GK would come up with the fewest. It's not something I'm especially thinking a lot about but I'm pleased that there's lots of very prominent black keepers nowadays, with Maignan potentially the best in the world right now. You've made it into a bigger deal than me - I was just asking a quick question. No need to turn it into a culture war.

True! Thought they'd played together at Portsmouth too but they just missed each other.
Yeah I googled Hislop thinking it'd be Pompey too, West Ham didn't cross my mind!

dinostar77

So would look like we'd allow De Gea Henderson and Heaton to go. Leaving us with Onana and suzuki as no2. That still leaves us with Bishop, Kovar and Vitek.

top1whoisman

Scout
So would look like we'd allow De Gea Henderson and Heaton to go. Leaving us with Onana and suzuki as no2. That still leaves us with Bishop, Kovar and Vitek.
I'd say there's next no no chance Heaton will leave this summer. He's got a contract until 2024 and basically all big PL clubs have an experienced 3rd/emergency goalkeeper in their squad. That's the reason he was signed. Vitek will likely go on loan and based on Kovář's comments before the summer he might return to Sparta Praha for another season. Bishop might leave but if he's happy to fill in the numbers in training I guess he'll stay at least until 2024 when his contract is up.

ThanksBoss26

I'd say there's next no no chance Heaton will leave this summer. He's got a contract until 2024 and basically all big PL clubs have an experienced 3rd/emergency goalkeeper in their squad. That's the reason he was signed. Vitek will likely go on loan and based on Kovář's comments before the summer he might return to Sparta Praha for another season. Bishop might leave but if he's happy to fill in the numbers in training I guess he'll stay at least until 2024 when his contract is up.
He apparently asked to be let go to join Luton who have presumably offered him the No.1 role. Might be a case of waiting to see if we can sort cover but yes I think we'd rather keep him to fill an experienced back-up role.

top1whoisman

Scout
He apparently asked to be let go to join Luton who have presumably offered him the No.1 role. Might be a case of waiting to see if we can sort cover but yes I think we'd rather keep him to fill an experienced back-up role.
Ah okay, gotcha. Heard they were also interested in Begović. If Heaton leaves, there will probably be another signing like him, Lee Grant etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.