Zion Suzuki - Goalkeeper

Status
Not open for further replies.

In Rainbows

So if his father is Ghanaian and his mother is Japanese, does that mean that Zion is his family name and Suzuki is his given name?
Most likely they wanted him to have a Japanese name (his mom's surname) of some sort as they planned to live in Japan. Would make life easier for him if his nationality wouldn't be questioned as much.

Apparently his first name Zion is also written in Japanese.

鈴木 彩艶
鈴木=suzu-ki
彩艶 = Zai-on

Last edited:

prateik

Reports out of nowhere that we are on the verge of signing a 20 year old for 5 million..

Reminds me of the Caicedo links..

prateik

How will we get a work permit for him.. I see he has only played once for Japan..

SoCross

Wonder how his handling is. Acceleration stats must also be good.

MagooDad

So I watched a lot of J-League and have seen Suzuki.

In terms of goal keeping abilities nothing really stands out, except for being a giant amongst the Japanese. He's saves what he should save, but nothing more than that. I only seen 3 or 4 matches with him, but he didn't make any mistake.

He is miles better than De Gea at commanding the area on long crosses and corners, but so is any normal goal keeper. Also PL players are more physical than J-League players.

He has really good ball playing skills and is pro-active and likes playing sweeper keeper. Not on a Neuer level, but a skill that stands out. That's probably what the scouts have been looking for and why he caught their eye.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
I remember seeing this guy as an embryo, you could see he was going to make it then, flying about his mother's womb like peak Brad Friedel.

I heard his mum and dad conceived him whilst on a motorbike travelling to Jerusalem.

Unam333

I remember seeing this guy as an embryo, you could see he was going to make it then, flying about his mother's womb like peak Brad Friedel.

I heard his mum and dad conceived him whilst on a motorbike travelling to Jerusalem.
Wut?

Chairman Woodie

So I watched a lot of J-League and have seen Suzuki.

In terms of goal keeping abilities nothing really stands out, except for being a giant amongst the Japanese. He's saves what he should save, but nothing more than that. I only seen 3 or 4 matches with him, but he didn't make any mistake.

He is miles better than De Gea at commanding the area on long crosses and corners, but so is any normal goal keeper. Also PL players are more physical than J-League players.

He has really good ball playing skills and is pro-active and likes playing sweeper keeper. Not on a Neuer level, but a skill that stands out. That's probably what the scouts have been looking for and why he caught their eye.
Thank you for the insight.

jeepers

Thought the rules were slightly relaxed now? Or was it only for South America.. can't remember
Think it’s for special talents regardless of nationality. Can’t quite remember.

Seems like handling is his poorest attribute. Distribution looks very good.

lysglimt

Scout
Once we have Suzuki sorted - we need a Hondo, a Toyoda and a Kawasaki

0le

Would be some good scouting on the club's part, which is why I doubt it's true.
This is really a tired repeated comment which isn't true. The scouting at the club has been continuously improved even since Moyes. The main issue is the management such as Ole and Mourinho not wanting to work with them.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.

Tad pre-mature.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
The Zion Suzuki comes with four-wheel drive and a hybrid diesel engine.

glasgow 21

In relation to our joke scouting system we hear rumours that we have been following him for years ? I really give up. 8 appearances in 2 years ? Is this actually true we are in for him. What the connection who's nephew/ cousin is he ? .

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Imagine if all your life all you've ever rode is a bicycle and then with no prior training whatsoever someone puts you in a Moto GP race and say "don't worry you probably have the best balance among contestants, just go!". Well it doesn't matter if you can balance yourself on a string does it? you've still got no experience and the chance for accident is big. If he comes here he needs to be introduced slowly. He can be a 2nd keeper but asking him to be the 1st keeper straight away is asking for troubles.

Being a keeper means you have to do much more than distributing balls.

Abraxas

I doubt he's meant to be a nailed on starter. ETH wants 2 genuinely competitive keepers. If DDG isn't signing then Suzuki and Onana would be two such keepers.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Its difficult to sign good young goalkeepers because they have to be playing to develop. Maybe if he came in and stuck around as second or third choice until January before a loan to a lower league club that would be good.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I'm gonna download a Chrome add on that automatically blocks Romano's Tweets with the word "informed" in because you know they're the ones he doesn't have a fecking clue.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
is this a joke? 28 games in 3 years in J-League?
Caceido only played 31 games before his move to Brighton.

This is from the Caceido thread:

Why didn't we put in the time and effort to get this guy for peanuts. Yes it may have been complex but felt a very lazy attitude to me
Wasn't United structure in transition at that time? That was a valid excuse, but now it's time to deliver.
Would you rather we didn’t pay £5m for him now and waited until he played a few seasons for a club like RBL, Atalanta or Fulham and then paid £60m?

Status
Not open for further replies.