g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Zlatan - closing in on joining LA Galaxy (MLS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexUTD

I don't want Zlatan to leave before the end of the season. We are entering a crucial part of the season and 1 injury to Lukaku can change everything. He has been rehabilitating with the club since his injury so it makes absolutely no sense to let him go just as he becomes fully fit. Imagine he goes to the MLS and god forbid Lukaku breaks his leg. All of a sudden we are down to the bare bones again. We will need his experience and winning mentality even if he's not playing. Wasn't he supposed to take a coaching role with Jose after his contract ends? Zlatan won't leave unless he feels he can't contribute and isn't needed. His ego won't allow that to happen. If he feels he can't give anymore he'll be the first one to hang up his boots because I don't see him hanging around to make up the numbers.
Ummmmm...Sanchez/Martial/Rashford will do a better job as striker backup than Zlatan we will be fine without him.He just slows the attack down and lets be honest he aint defending his wages either.

Canagel

Ummmmm...Sanchez/Martial/Rashford will do a better job as striker backup than Zlatan we will be fine without him.He just slows the attack down and lets be honest he aint defending his wages either.
It doesn't matter. We would still be short of options and don't forget we are still in 2 competitions and trying to close the gap in the PL so there are still lots of games to be played. Any of the players you mentioned could fill in upfront but then we would short of options out wide and then you have to overwork those players which then leads to injuries when ideally you'd want them to be fresh come the business part of the season. Keeping Zlatan is very important because he could be an insurance against injuries/ suspensions.

C'est Moi Cantona

Real shame, but it was clear, and he obviously knew himself that he was way off it in the few games he played this season, sentiment is great, and in and ideal world we'd keep him, get 3-0 up in the CL final, and then bring him on with 15 mins to play, but that's not going to happen, and I doubt he'd want it like that anyway.

IMakeThingsUp

Real shame, but it was clear, and he obviously knew himself that he was way off it in the few games he played this season, sentiment is great, and in and ideal world we'd keep him, get 3-0 up in the CL final, and then bring him on with 15 mins to play, but that's not going to happen, and I doubt he'd want it like that anyway.
Yeah I read in some swedish newspaper that he asked to be taken off the squad by jose because he felt his form was poor.

Cliche Guevara

Nowhere does that say he’ll join in January though does it? Isn’t it implying a summer move?
I think the season starts in March and he has to be signed by then.

He’s clearly not going to return to sufficient fitness so unfortunately it’s time to move on.

poleglass red

It doesn't matter. We would still be short of options and don't forget we are still in 2 competitions and trying to close the gap in the PL so there are still lots of games to be played. Any of the players you mentioned could fill in upfront but then we would short of options out wide and then you have to overwork those players which then leads to injuries when ideally you'd want them to be fresh come the business part of the season. Keeping Zlatan is very important because he could be an insurance against injuries/ suspensions.
No use keeping him if he can't get to the level that is needed, which he wasn't when he came back. He's taken himself out of the firing line himself, as Jose says he's not injured.He was involved in 7 games and was actually regressing. Between Martial, Rashford, Lingard, Sanchez and Mata we've enough to cover the wings and up front should Lukaku get injured. If Shaw stays feet we could even have as Young as another option on the wing

Fer

I hope he stays. I think he can still be an important player for us.

If he decides to leave. Who do you think will be our next No.10?

Penalty

I hope he stays. I think he can still be an important player for us.

If he decides to leave. Who do you think will be our next No.10?
Without a doubt, Neymar. He won't spend another season in Ligue 1. But maybe I'm silly.

Last edited by a moderator:

JK-27

I hope it's not true, Zlat has shown class in a Utd shirt, carried us last season, and has helped the younger players immensely. Hopefully we can get to the CL final and he can have one last game in a Utd shirt there.

davidmichael

If he leaves in March when the MLS window opens then hopefully Zlatan can leave on his terms, maybe coming on as a sub and getting to say farewell at Old Trafford.

Rashford is a much better option as back up to Lukaku now that Sanchez has joined us and if we sign a right sided forward then we’d have Sanchez, Martial, Lukaku, Rashford, Lingard, Mata and the right sided forward with Gomes, Chong and Gribbin all coming through too so Zlatan now isn’t a loss like he was last season.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
It's a pity if he moves. I wanted him to stay until the end of the season but i understand the move. Perhaps it's the best for both parts.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
I don't want Zlatan to leave before the end of the season. We are entering a crucial part of the season and 1 injury to Lukaku can change everything. He has been rehabilitating with the club since his injury so it makes absolutely no sense to let him go just as he becomes fully fit. Imagine he goes to the MLS and god forbid Lukaku breaks his leg. All of a sudden we are down to the bare bones again. We will need his experience and winning mentality even if he's not playing. Wasn't he supposed to take a coaching role with Jose after his contract ends? Zlatan won't leave unless he feels he can't contribute and isn't needed. His ego won't allow that to happen. If he feels he can't give anymore he'll be the first one to hang up his boots because I don't see him hanging around to make up the numbers.
He's a liability on the pitch.

Z2United

Supports
Team Zlatan
He's a liability on the pitch.
Based on his total of 150 min or something this season after the injury? pff laughable.
If he recovers and becomes fit he will still be the best attacker in this squad.

sully1

still struggling to see how Lakaku is better then Ibra.

poleglass red

still struggling to see how Lakaku is better then Ibra.
did you watch any of Ibra's game when he came back, he got progressively worse. You have to deal with the here and now. Of course Ibra is a better player, but look at his injury, his age. Right now Lukaku is a better player

Status
Not open for further replies.