Zlatan Ibrahimović

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
All I know is, we've just re-signed a player who scored 28 goals for us last year. Cant see how this cant be a huge boost for the squad.
All I worry about is where is he going to play? We seem to have something good happening and are being clinical. Is Zlatan going to have an effect on Romelu's form? Would he be happy rotating or does this mean he has to start?

Hojoon

All I worry about is where is he going to play? We seem to have something good happening and are being clinical. Is Zlatan going to have an effect on Romelu's form? Would he be happy rotating or does this mean he has to start?
Andy Mitten's article on ESPN said his wages will be significantly from last season and because Jose prefers Lukaku to be the main striker.

Utd7

Done dealio! Welcome back Zlatan. And I read he's targeting a return in late October against Spurs?! Good god, what a quick recovery.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
On a free from a dodgy knee he costs us fecking zero

Cliche Guevara

Forgive my ignorance here but he is currently out of contract as shown by being on our not-retained list at the end of the season; and if he doesn't sign by the transfer window closing then he won't be able to play for us until January anyway as we can not register him until that window opens? So this 'returns by the end of October' talk is ultimately pointless in terms of actually playing for Manchester United but at least in theory he should be in normal full squad training correct?

And I personally don't see him playing in the reserve team but are they inflicted with the same registration rules in that he needs to be signed and registered within a transfer window or is that more flexible in that if he's under contract he can play?
Players out of contract when the window closes can still sign for anyone at any time.

It's only a transfer window.

MUFC OK

A great option for us. It's a long season and he's a great option to have especially when we need goals. He's a big game player, which lukaku is yet to prove, and think he will be devastating in the CL. Honestly don't think this would have happened if Griezmann was signed though.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Andy Mitten's article on ESPN said his wages will be significantly from last season and because Jose prefers Lukaku to be the main striker.
If he is another option then I am fine with it. For someone who was a bit cynical about Lukaku I have been impressed with him and the work the forward players have been doing. I don't want that upsetting. He will be really useful when rotation has to kick in, especially if Jose wants us challenging on a number of fronts.

MUFC OK

Long season, our starting xi is pretty much decided for now. Jose is not one to change a winning team.

prtk0811

What a huge boost it will be come January and also for the ucl latter stages.

tidraKS

Signing Perisic will be even more important right now, because when Ibra is back, we will certainly switch to 3-5-2, with Lukaku and Ibra up front. Ibra always liked to get back on field to take the ball, so he could be a good partner for Lukaku who is a target man.

But, with Ibra and Lukaku as strikers, you need crosses, and Valencia and Perisic would be a very good duo for our wings. I think Mou will push for him more than ever.

Although I'm not a huge fan of 3-5-2, I think this line-up would be great:
De Gea - Bailly - Jones - Rojo - Valencia - Pogba - Matic - Mkhitaryan - Perisic - Ibrahimovic - Lukaku

Reactions: golden_blunder

Rajma

Signing Perisic will be even more important right now, because when Ibra is back, we will certainly switch to 3-5-2, with Lukaku and Ibra up front. Ibra always liked to get back on field to take the ball, so he could be a good partner for Lukaku who is a target man.

But, with Ibra and Lukaku as strikers, you need crosses, and Valencia and Perisic would be a very good duo for our wings. I think Mou will push for him more than ever.

Although I'm not a huge fan of 3-5-2, I think this line-up would be great:
De Gea - Bailly - Jones - Rojo - Valencia - Pogba - Matic - Mkhitaryan - Perisic - Ibrahimovic - Lukaku
So buy Perisic to accommodate Ibra for half of the season and dismantle currently working mechanism - is that your plan?

prtk0811

His influence will help lukaku get better at his hold up play and vision and link up play.

tidraKS

So buy Perisic to accommodate Ibra for half of the season and dismantle currently working mechanism - is that your plan?
I mentioned that as a big reason to sign Perisic, but not the only one. We will have multiple games this year, and we have not enough wingers. I think he can be a good option for our left and right side, so when we need proper wingers, he could be really useful for us.

You should not rush with the "currently working mechanism", because we haven't played any big team until now and I don't believe Mata should start in a team who wants to challenge for the title.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Return of the Zlat...!!

He will get some important goals 2nd half of the season for sure, and could be the crucial difference between silverware and also ran..

Status
Not open for further replies.