Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkXaero

Can't see psg selling him
Surely if they wanted to they would not have played him tonight
Possibly if he was for sale and didn't want to join you can blame lvg... But I don't see how you can blame lvg for psg wanting to keep him
They might not sell him at this point, but they were open to the idea all summer long, but we never made a move. I forgot which British journalist it was, but he reported that we were offered Ibra and we declined. Going by the video interview, he seemed open to the idea of joining United under LVG.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
They might not sell him at this point, but they were open to the idea all summer long, but we never made a move. I forgot which British journalist it was, but he reported that we were offered Ibra and we declined. Going by the video interview, he seemed open to the idea of joining United under LVG.
Did he really?

DarkXaero

Did he really?
Yes. When he was asked if his relationship with LVG would prevent him from playing for United, he answered:

"I think he's professional, I'm professional, and whoever I worked with, I never had this kind of problem. Because at the end, I need to do my job, he needs to do his job. I think a lot of fights would happen, but that's something I like."

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Yes. When he was asked if his relationship with LVG would prevent him from playing for United, he answered:

"I think he's professional, I'm professional, and whoever I worked with, I never had this kind of problem. Because at the end, I need to do my job, he needs to do his job. I think a lot of fights would happen, but that's something I like."
Oh ok. Worth a risk in that case but unfortunately seems like it's too late now to get him:(

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Journo... Football story... Unsubstantiated so forgive me if I'm far from convinced

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
I'm sure if I look up mirror and mail I will find we have apparently agreed deals on Ronaldo, Bale , Neymar, Muller, Pogba, etc over the last 12 months
Also this is the mirror saying he relishes the chance to play for lvg
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...an-ibrahimovic-open-manchester-united-6130754
So yeah I'm rather unconvinced by some tat in that rag... And don't get me started on the daily racist

stevoc

Of course he is. PSG want to ship him out. LvG is a stubborn prick though and won't go for him as Ibra told him the truth once.
Why would PSG want rid of him, if he's still as good as many people in here believe he is?

DarkXaero

I'm sure if I look up mirror and mail I will find we have apparently agreed deals on Ronaldo, Bale , Neymar, Muller, Pogba, etc over the last 12 months
Also this is the mirror saying he relishes the chance to play for lvg
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...an-ibrahimovic-open-manchester-united-6130754
So yeah I'm rather unconvinced by some tat in that rag... And don't get me started on the daily racist
Well the link I posted were direct quotes from him actually.

Lmarco

Well the link I posted were direct quotes from him actually.
Which no television showed and PSG's communication director denied those comments had ever been made... Made up by Italian press, how surprising.

m1tch

Why would PSG want rid of him, if he's still as good as many people in here believe he is?
Cause he is 33 and has 1 year left on his deal? Last chance for them to get a fee for him.

m1tch

Because they are short of money?
Or because they think with 12 hours left to go they can get somebody better in?
Neither probably, but would it not help them regarding FFP? Makes business sense if they think they can get by without him in the next 12 months, we on the hand can't get by with what we've got.

stevoc

Cause he is 33 and has 1 year left on his deal? Last chance for them to get a fee for him.
Possibly but all the rumours have been that he will go for free or a minimal fee, as no one is paying that much for a 34 year old lets be honest.

They could also just want him off the wage bill for FFP purposes, but if that were the case why would they be happy to lose a player so many on here rate so highly.

He's basically been touted around all window yet no one seems too interested, which is not a surprise considering his age and the wages he would likely expect. Only a few clubs could match the deal he is on at PSG.

stevoc

Because they aren't us :p
Yeah maybe, or they think at 34 in the near future his performance levels might fall off a cliff and they don't want to be paying 1/4 of a million per week for that.

Charlie Foley

Yeah maybe, or they think at 34 in the near future his performance levels might fall off a cliff and they don't want to be paying 1/4 of a million per week for that.
Yeah I was just being stupid as your original wording sounded a little bit like "well we'd sell him but the guys on RedCafe really love him"

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Neither probably, but would it not help them regarding FFP? Makes business sense if they think they can get by without him in the next 12 months, we on the hand can't get by with what we've got.
What is he on 250k a week so around 12m wages... Perhaps they could get 5m fee
If 17m was going to make a big ffp difference I doubt they would have signed Di Maria at 45m plus around 100m in wages over his contract

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Well, his performances are currently very good - excellent.
So In all honesty I cant see why they would get rid of him. Money is not a problem for PSG.
Just like we are paying Rooney £300k/week (for poor performances), PSG will pay Ibra £250k/week for good performances.

If Ibra's performance level dropped to something like Rooney (ie. cant score a goal), then they'd definitely get rid of him.

stevoc

Well, his performances are currently very good - excellent.
Currently yes his performances are still good, but i would be very surprised if PSG are not looking at his age and wondering when he will decline. And sometimes when a player declines in their mid 30's it can happen very sharply. Look at RVP who is actually younger, another player people thought would be great well into his 30's because he didn't rely on pace.

So In all honesty I cant see why they would get rid of him. Money is not a problem for PSG.
And yet they have been making clubs aware all summer they would let him go.

Money may not be a problem for their owner but it is for PSG when they have to comply with FFP.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.