Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
... I don't feel he's as good a player as people say he is.
This guy plays in the first team of all teams he has played for and won something of the order of 11 league titles.
I'm not too sure how many footballers who are still playing can boast this medal collection.
This guy is all about winning.

We saw yesterday (and last season), that our team struggle to put the ball at the back of the net, even when the ball is in the final third of the pitch.
This guy knows how to put the ball at the back of the net is unlikely to do the dithering, side passing that we see so much of these days.

I find it extraordinary when fans say, "Player X is not good enough to play for us", when we don't have any players as good as 'Player X'.

In any case, Ibra will never play for MUFC...that ship has sailed.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
Approved by Scholesy. Praise doesn't get higher than that!

Spoony

The People's President
This interview confirms why he'll never play for us under LVG.

Funny, I think he's keeping his options open. You don't close the door on a potentially massive move to a club like United regardless of who the manager is. Ibrahimovic isn't a diplomatic bloke had he been completely opposed to the idea he would've said so unequivocally.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I want a forward just as much as anybody but this chap is definitely not the answer at his age.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
This is the loan deal we should've done last year instead of Falcao. Can't believe we didn't try and grab him as part of the AdM deal. Yeah he's old, but feck me he'd give the place a lift.

Hamadovich86

Since there is really no one else at the highest level available, I would get Zlatan for a couple of seasons and technically hes available since hes on his last year of contract. He would be a stop gap solution but my god what a wonderful sight it would be to see him in a United shirt

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Would be great on a one-year loan. But I don't see why PSG would think so.

Giggsy PO

Wimbledon Prediction Champion 09
Could this be more likely if Balotelli goes to Milan?

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Since there is really no one else at the highest level available, I would get Zlatan for a couple of seasons and technically hes available since hes on his last year of contract. He would be a stop gap solution but my god what a wonderful sight it would be to see him in a United shirt
May be an option, but we'll have to secure UCL first, else he won't come.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
This interview confirms why he'll never play for us under LVG.

That's more like why you reckon LVG wouldn't be interested. At this stage, he might be. Him and Pedro would have done wonders for us :(

Siorac

I think hes refering to the fact Ibra was supposed to be going to Mialn
Oh I see, I didn't hear about that. Not sure why he'd want to go back there, Milan are a shambles these days.

Trizy

Could easily get 15-20 goals a season, also a perfect size to play in a front 3.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I want a forward just as much as anybody but this chap is definitely not the answer at his age.
I agree to an extent, but there are so few centre forward options available in this window. A stopgap may be the best option just now. He would absolutely be an improvement on what we have just now. I don't like the idea of stopgaps, but I don't see any other way of improving our striking department. Going a full season in 4 competitions with only Rooney and Hernandez is concerning.

Regardless, Ibra may well have a door open for United to come calling, but I can't see Van Gaal sanctioning a move for such a player.

m1tch

Huge player, huge ego. I reckon he'd be a Cantona-esque signing.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Thought LVG would use Fellaini up top - would make it difficult to get Zlatan. We'll have to settle for Neymar.

Trizy

Try 30-35... Would be perfect for us. Sadly can't see it happen with Van Gaal in charge.
Meant to say ''easily'' but I can't see him scoring more than 20 in the league if I'm being honest, he's a year older, a new team (Who doesn't create much) and it's not Ligue 1.

Kag

He's exactly the kind of signing we need to avoid for a myriad of reasons, but he's annoyingly exactly the kind of centre forward this system needs.

Tens year younger with something to prove and we'd be paying through the nose for a player like Ibrahimovic.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Yeah, Woody should just pull a Falcao like surprise :drool:

But with AC signing Balotelli, surprisingly Zlatan's options could be anywhere. Arsenal, Madrid (as backup) & ourselves could definitely use him. But I'd guess he'll end up in Serie A again. Inter maybe?
Would he be back up at Madrid? I could see him playing more often than Benzema

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Would he be back up at Madrid? I could see him playing more often than Benzema
Benzema does really well, & he's got a good understanding with Ronaldo. He's very selfless, to his own (stats) detriment. That's why he's quite popular over there. Can't see Zlatan sacrificing himself for Ronaldo like that. But yeah, I doubt he'll end up at Madrid. Probably Serie A.

RedStarUnited

If Arsenal get him, they would probably win the league. But it makes too much sense for Wenger really.

suheilsworld

I would love for Zlatan to come to us. Would love to see him score against our rivals and in the post match interview say, "Don't worry, Zlatan will get you goals!"

Love his ego and persona. Great striker for his age too!

But sriously doubt LVG will let Ibra come anywhere close to him.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
If Arsenal get him, they would probably win the league. But it makes too much sense for Wenger really.
His ego won't allow it.

Baffling that he thinks Coq and Giroud are good enough for a title challenge. Thought they'll go ahead and buy a DM and a top striker for a proper challenge; fooled me again, Mr. Wenger.

Unless they buy both in the next 7 seven days. :p

Successful

Owes the Caf £25 (With interests)
I don't think Zlatan is matching Arsenals philosophy at all. And on top of that they already have Giroud who plays that kind of role for them. Zlatan wants to be around top talents ready to compete from day one. Wenger like to build his team to eventually peak in a couple of years. I think Arsenal is about to peak and they're not looking good enough.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Huge player, huge ego. I reckon he'd be a Cantona-esque signing.
Def that type of player but might be past it as opposed to king Eric (what a player) if we can't get anybody worth a gamble for a season or two imagine the lift it would give us all and the buzz going to his first few games!

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
I don't think Zlatan is matching Arsenals philosophy at all. And on top of that they already have Giroud who plays that kind of role for them. Zlatan wants to be around top talents ready to compete from day one. Wenger like to build his team to eventually peak in a couple of years. I think Arsenal is about to peak and they're not looking good enough.
I think he would be great at arsenal and would make them genuine title contenders - yes it would probably only be for one or possibly two seasons and you would probably have to manage his game time especially with cl games etc but he could be the focal point of an attack with players like ozil and sanchez setting things up for him, incredible pace from walcott or ox and even the likes of carzola and wilshire feeding into and off him... I hope it does not happen (and I think his wages may be so far out of the Arsenal structure it makes it impossible - that and wengers 1 year contract policy for older players)
Id happily give him a couple of years contract on the same kind of money we were paying RVP - that said I would have been happy to keep RVP for a couple more years as well.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
If anything he'd bring urgency and creativity to the team along with a winning mentality. And some kung-fu kicks... Him and Schwein are my favourite current players so have them both will really make me hard :devil:

Status
Not open for further replies.