Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
So they do have a problem? It isn't exaggerated. You don't have to like someone, hell, even get along with someone, to respect them.

Anyway, as I said, I'm 100% sure Zlatan won't come to United, as long as Louis Van Gaal is manager here.
I will admit that I'm reading between the lines but look that interview, and it's not the first time that he answers that way.

Hans Moleman

van Gaal was only a director at Ajax (briefly) while Zlatan was there, and that was 8 or so years ago. Sure both have mellowed since then. Maybe they'd learn to love each other :lol:

Raoul

Admin
Staff
We completely missed the boat on Ibra. Should've moved for him in 2006ish when Ruud left. He would've been epic at OT.

m1tch

We absolutely have to take the risk and sign him. He's probably the only available striker out there that we can get who will have a big enough profile to see Rooney on the bench.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
We completely missed the boat on Ibra. Should've moved for him in 2006ish when Ruud left. He would've been epic at OT.
For 2 seasons. The guy is the footballer's equivalent of Mourinho, he travels around.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Throw loads of money at him, just get him in.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
Can't someone get Raiola's number and pretend to be Woodward (like the Villa supporter re Benteke)? Persuade Zlatan to take the next flight to England. He'll show up at Woody's office ready to sign, how could we refuse?

Godfather

Slam face won't go for him. He is a way too stubborn prick to do that. Ibra would vastly improve us though.

Lmarco

We absolutely have to take the risk and sign him. He's probably the only available striker out there that we can get who will have a big enough profile to see Rooney on the bench.
Except that he's not available...

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Zlatan will be a great momentary addition this summer. I just hope it will not become a case of playing Rooney with Ibrahimovic if he arrives. They are both too static, but Ibrahimovic technical quality is on a different level, so that will be a big improvement already. We should then fix our striker problem next season with long term acquisition like Kane, Morata and/or Gabriel Jesus if they become available.

Bestie07

Zlatan will be a great momentary addition this summer. I just hope it will not become a case of playing Rooney with Ibrahimovic if he arrives. They are both too static, but Ibrahimovic technical quality is on a different level, so that will be a big improvement already. We should then fix our striker problem next season with long term acquisition like Kane, Morata and/or Gabriel Jesus if they become available.
Who the feck is Gabriel Jesus?

I'm on the Ibra wagon now.

Cantona'sCollar

For 2 seasons. The guy is the footballer's equivalent of Mourinho, he travels around.
He does move around a lot, to be fair, but most of the time it was for understandable reasons. Messi was being transitioned into a central role in a 433 at Barca, so Guardiola was never going to play him in his right position - they also had a falling out. He was far too good for AC Milan and Inter (who sold him to Barca, a move not many players would turn down). It's not like he is solely looking to get a pay-day from the highest bidder - whichever team has him is nailed on to win the league. I would definitely have taken him at OT in 2006, and I would take him now.

Even if he can only give us one or two seasons, he'd most likely score 30-35 in each, and would turn us into clear second favourites for the title, if not first.

Giggsy PO

Wimbledon Prediction Champion 09
It is technically possible we could've lost today with Zlatan.
Technically speaking Rooney would/should have scored 2 goals today. :) At least Zlatan would have at least kicked somebody/something (preferably football in the direction of Fabianski).

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Technically speaking Rooney would/should have scored 2 goals today. :) At least Zlatan would have at least kicked somebody/something (preferably football in the direction of Fabianski).
As tempting as it is to believe Zlatan would've casually scored a hattrick of kung fu goals today, he still wouldn't have been able to prevent our defense from switching off for both Swansea goals.

Giggsy PO

Wimbledon Prediction Champion 09
As tempting as it is to believe Zlatan would've casually scored a hattrick of kung fu goals today, he still wouldn't have been able to prevent our defense from switching off for both Swansea goals.
Hard to disagree with that. But still we would have a better chance to take something from the game.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Everyone will concede goals now and then... I'd blame the goalkeeper for the second anyway. The reason we lost that was because Romero fecked up what should have been a simple save, and Rooney fecked up 3 chances when he was basically put in on goal.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Everyone will concede goals now and then... I'd blame the goalkeeper for the second anyway. The reason we lost that was because Romero fecked up what should have been a simple save, and Rooney fecked up 3 chances when he was basically put in on goal.
No. We lost because our entire defense switched off. They should've never even had the two chances on goal.

Red Stone

Closest thing to Cantona in world football today. A bit mental, a bit of a cnut, brings a league-winning mentality to his teams, strong as a bull and almost flawless technique. He'd be a good fit alongside a quick and nippy forward making runs in behind.

We could definitely use him for a year, but he's the opposite of a van Gaal type of player.

Eila

Zlatan on a 2-3 year contract would be the best panic signing. He's still got it, unlike Falcao. That was a complete bet that didn't work out.
The only problem that could arise is his relationship with LVG.

Cantona'sCollar

Just played a great ball for Cavani's second. Very rusty, as it is his first game back from injury, but he's still a class above the rest.

DarkXaero

It's sad that LVG is probably the reason we're missing out on him now. He would be perfect for us right now, but egos got in the way.

snk123

LOL. So people are bumping every thread now? There's no way he can work with Van Gaal and it's already too late/no source linking him to us.

Desperation at the caf. Will remain like this for 48 hours I feel :D

The Stain

We could definitely use him for a year, but he's the opposite of a van Gaal type of player.
He wouldn't press all over, harassing defenders, true. He likes to be on the ball a lot, he doesn't hide, so he would come deep and help the midfield build play. We would start to see more attacks through the middle rather than this constant wingplay. He would be our central creative force. He likes arriving late in the box to finish the job. He can score from anywhere. He shoots with power and accuracy. He himself says he's not good with his head. Sure, he doesn't score many with the head but as a target man he does a great job in the air to help bring others into play. He is awesome.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
It's sad that LVG is probably the reason we're missing out on him now. He would be perfect for us right now, but egos got in the way.
Can't see psg selling him
Surely if they wanted to they would not have played him tonight
Possibly if he was for sale and didn't want to join you can blame lvg... But I don't see how you can blame lvg for psg wanting to keep him

The Stain

LOL. So people are bumping every thread now? There's no way he can work with Van Gaal and it's already too late/no source linking him to us.

Desperation at the caf. Will remain like this for 48 hours I feel :D
We are doing our best to keep it on the front page should Woody stop by :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.